advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Question: are you happy you voted for Trump?
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 27, 2020 03:20PM
This is what I would like to ask my former friends that voted for this miserable man. After topping the stats in the Covid19 world...in his words THE GREATEST.

How could they deny the misery and death he has brought to America? I wonder if our lady friend down south would defend these current actions. Do his minions assign constant and universal deny ability to his every action or nonaction? Isn't there a tipping point ?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Question: are you happy you voted for Trump?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 27, 2020 03:21PM
They may change their minds when the hurricanes hit this summer.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 27, 2020 03:25PM
samintx
.. Do his minions assign constant and universal deny ability to his every action or nonaction? Isn't there a tipping point ?
His faithful followers have been trained and manipulated to deny reality and substitute it with his own. We're talking religious levels of faith here.

They are STILL walking around 'laughing at the sheeple believing this virus stuff'. As one wag commented to me on Wednesday as I was using a sanitizing wipe to clean off my shopping cart in Sam's Club.

And as they die off one after the other, think of it as evolution in action.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 27, 2020 03:32PM
samintx
How could they deny the misery and death he has brought to America?

The cruelty is the point.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 27, 2020 03:41PM
cbelt3
samintx
.. Do his minions assign constant and universal deny ability to his every action or nonaction? Isn't there a tipping point ?
His faithful followers have been trained and manipulated to deny reality and substitute it with his own. We're talking religious levels of faith here.

They are STILL walking around 'laughing at the sheeple believing this virus stuff'. As one wag commented to me on Wednesday as I was using a sanitizing wipe to clean off my shopping cart in Sam's Club.

And as they die off one after the other, think of it as evolution in action.

Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus.
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 27, 2020 03:52PM
Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus

we need another 100 million like him
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 27, 2020 03:55PM
space-time
Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus

Unless I'm reading you wrong, you're wishing death on a hundred million followers of the president who believed his lies about covid-19.

I think the virus is getting to your soul, dude. Come back to the light.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: March 27, 2020 04:34PM
samintx
This is what I would like to ask my former friends that voted for this miserable man. After topping the stats in the Covid19 world...in his words THE GREATEST.

How could they deny the misery and death he has brought to America? I wonder if our lady friend down south would defend these current actions. Do his minions assign constant and universal deny ability to his every action or nonaction? Isn't there a tipping point ?

What you're missing Sam is that the president's followers do not see the same information you do. Go to foxnews.com and take a look around. You'll see a different world being reported than when you will see at Wapo or NYT.
Posted by: Janit
Date: March 27, 2020 05:26PM
rjmacs
space-time

Unless I'm reading you wrong, you're wishing death on a hundred million followers of the president who believed his lies about covid-19.

In such times it is really hard to resist the temptations of the dark side.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 27, 2020 05:48PM
Janit
rjmacs
space-time

That's why it's helpful to have someone like rjmacs preaching resistance to the temptation.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 27, 2020 06:05PM
The awful thing is not so much that a denier has died from his obstinate refusal to face facts. It's that he could well have infected innocent people who definitely don't deserve to die even if we think he did.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 27, 2020 06:21PM
Yup. People like him represent a life and death threat to others.
Date: March 27, 2020 06:30PM
Janit

The site I linked to specifically addressed that point,

***NOTE TO READERS: I beg you not to post disrespectfully on the family’s social media. Not only are they grieving, that would alienate this community and damage the potential for learning from this important morality tale. Thanks, Bo.***
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 27, 2020 06:30PM
I guarantee you 95+% of the deplorables could have the rest of their family die in a state where Trump obviously held up supplies and they would blame Hillary and/or Pelosi.
Date: March 27, 2020 06:32PM
You don't get rid of Trump by being like Trump.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 27, 2020 07:08PM
I don’t really think this is a “morality tale”. RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: March 27, 2020 07:11PM
I did NOT vote for Cheeto, and I'm happy about that

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 27, 2020 07:58PM
hal
samintx

What you're missing Sam is that the president's followers do not see the same information you do. Go to foxnews.com and take a look around. You'll see a different world being reported than when you will see at Wapo or NYT.

I actually listen off and on to Rush. Even tune n to Pirro etc to see what they are saying about various topics. But I should think they might start wondering over Covid19 news.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 27, 2020 10:14PM
cbelt3
samintx

It's really a sad situation.

He just got his highest approval rating of his presidency. Not just because of Fox News and the right wing echo chamber, but also because of his narcissism. You've probably seen the quote from him where he says never blame yourself, always blame someone or something else.

Even though the U.S. is in the dire situation it is because Trump @#$%& up, he will never admit that. He blames someone/something else for his terrible mistake while spending an incessant amount of time talking up his (superlative, superlative, superlative) accomplishments.

People who have drunk the koolaid will not see the blame is on him simply because *he* did not say it. If it comes from someone else, it is not believed--because they believe Trump and Trump has said to not trust the media. So for the true believers *everything* reinforces Trump.

This feedback loop is really dire and depressing because it's all but impossible to change someone's mind.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 28, 2020 08:46AM
samintx
I actually listen off and on to Rush. Even tune n to Pirro etc to see what they are saying about various topics. But I should think they might start wondering over Covid19 news.

They aren’t credible, which makes what they say irrelevant. You’re not hearing “another side” of some issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018