advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What is Rush Limbaugh saying now?
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 27, 2020 08:23PM
I didn't hear anything about him for the past week or so. does he still think this is a flu?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What is Rush Limbaugh saying now?
Posted by: hal
Date: March 27, 2020 08:29PM
Rush Limbaugh on Friday suggested health experts leading the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic are part of the “deep state” and questioned their credentials.

Without mentioning names, the conservative commentator spoke skeptically of medical professionals at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Institutes of Health who are helming the Trump administration’s handling of the novel coronavirus, which has killed more than 1,000 people across the country within the past several weeks.

He made the remarks while calling into his long-running radio program, which he has not hosted for two weeks while seeking medical treatment for advanced lung cancer.

“You know, we’ve talked about the deep state all these years since Trump was elected, the Trump-Russia collusion, the FBI — well, the deep state extends very deeply,” Mr. Limbaugh said. “And the American people did not elect a bunch of health experts that we don’t know. We didn’t elect a president to defer to a bunch of health experts that we don’t know.

“And how do we know they’re even health experts? ‘Well, they wear white lab coats and they’ve been in the job for a while and they’re at the CDC and they’re at the NIH.’ Well, yeah, they’ve been there and they are there, but has there been any job assessment for them? They’re just assumed to be the best because they’re in government, but these are all kinds of things that I’ve been questioning,” he said during the “Rush Limbaugh Show.”

[www.washingtontimes.com]

don't tell me you are surprised...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 27, 2020 08:32PM
I'm amazed that people discuss him. In all the time Rushbo has been holding forth, since his sordid beginning, I think I have heard him for a total of 3 minutes. That's like 5-10 seconds year.

It's like that Glenn Beck character. He came and went and I don't even know what he looks like or sounds like. Yeah, we have to keep our eyes on these saboteurs, but it's like soccer, do you really miss the entire lifetime you have spent knowing nothing about about the progress of the sport?

He's got serious cancer, right? Well, there you are.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 27, 2020 08:56PM
I think that ignoring him is the best policy all around.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 27, 2020 09:48PM
I get irritated any time some web site like Politico or Occupy Democrats or Newsweek decides to report what BS Limbaugh is spewing. Web "journalists" should pretend he does not exist, because he thrives on attention and I'm sure he loves looking at Facebook and watching all the liberal heads exploding.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 27, 2020 10:01PM
Although not an architect of Trumpmania, Rush was one of the early road builders and as such is somewhat of a historical footnote. A footnote desperately trying to stay meaningful but drowning in the wake of the Hannitys and Carlsons who've replaced him.

He's an artifact and should be treated as one, stored away and forgotten.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 28, 2020 08:27AM
well, the deep state extends very deeply

So deep.

Almost Trumpian in its wisdom.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 28, 2020 09:36AM
What is frightening is how many people accept the paranoid ramblings of this uneducated man as "The Truth." These are the people who are going to keep this virus going ("virus" referring both to SARS-CoV2, and to our Presdient).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 165
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018