Video shows 2020 spring break cellphones' travel from one Ft. Lauderdale beach
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: March 27, 2020 11:59PM
From the FarceBark

Article links to video

Stay distanced. Stay safe.

=TC
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Video shows 2020 spring break cellphones' travel from one Ft. Lauderdale beach
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 28, 2020 12:15AM
Yikes.
Re: Video shows 2020 spring break cellphones' travel from one Ft. Lauderdale beach
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 28, 2020 04:40AM
That tracking ability is both impressive and scary.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 28, 2020 08:34AM
Saw that scary graphic. I’m waiting for the rosey assessment that it is no problem from Cheeto. It will clear my mind.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 28, 2020 08:56AM
samintx
Saw that scary graphic. I’m waiting for the rosey assessment that it is no problem from Cheeto. It will clear my mind.

"People say that phone radiation kills the virus. I don't know. We'll see."
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 28, 2020 09:05AM
Also it's hot in Florida. People can't get sick when it's hot. It's going to be great. The best ever.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 28, 2020 10:12AM
The young know they’ll live forever. If you’re not sure, just ask them. One of my niece’s friends has the coronavirus but she hasn’t seen her in a month. I think they both were in FL for Spring Break.

The friend hosted a party at her boyfriend’s house about a week or two ago. Begged my niece to go. My niece, with greater realization of current events said, “That’s stupid. NO.”

The friend is now quarantined in the boyfriend’s house with a confirmed case two days ago. Not yet on the Johns Hopkins map. No word on anyone’s else at the house nor the friend’s house.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 28, 2020 10:30AM
I can't blame the young people. Where were the "responsible adults" to close those beaches and hotels? We know how stupid and lacking in judgement college-age kids are. That's why we don't put them in charge of important stuff. Most of them are not old enough to legally drink alcohol.

Now that they've been sent home from college and jobs and told to stay put by their parents and public officials, most of them get it.

The governor of Florida did not end the party until March 19. He let local communities collect the cash from spring break first.

Let's put the responsibility where it lies. And that is not with the kids.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 28, 2020 11:55AM
I don’t think I was blaming any kid for what they did on Spring Break.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 28, 2020 01:09PM
....Fame.....I want to live....forever......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 28, 2020 02:29PM
Luckily, all the Covidiots stayed back east - looked like there were one or two exceptions, though.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 28, 2020 02:35PM
bfd
Luckily, all the Covidiots stayed back east - looked like there were one or two exceptions, though.

The western Covidiots were down in Mexico and are now back home.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: March 28, 2020 04:03PM
bfd

That was ONE beach in ONE coastal city in Florida.

Spring break is effectively 9 days.
How many beaches are there? I lost count...

How about the snowbird traffic from Florida to Canada and Northern U.S.?

Easter vacation is coming, with annual treks to The Mouse and other spots.

Interesting times, indeed.

=TC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018