advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This is pretty vile
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 31, 2020 08:38PM
Seen on Facebook by Snopes:

("Here's the ventilators that was sent to New York". Yeesh!)

Anyway, as Governor Cuomo calmly pointed out, the peak of Covid infections in New York ...um...hasn't actually arrived yet. They're trying to get their ducks in a row, and so they are getting their supplies and equipment organized and ready to go when that peak does come, soon.

But of course, this kind of slime fools folks who aren't that bright, or simply appeals to those who look to confirm their biases:

smiley-laughing001
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is pretty vile
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 31, 2020 09:08PM
plus, the meme is grammatically incorrect.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 09:10PM by graylocks.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 31, 2020 09:54PM
Was that an ad or a page post?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 31, 2020 10:12PM
graylocks
The target audience firmly believes that grammar is for Liberals only.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 01, 2020 09:07AM
graylocks

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice that. Expanding “here’s”, you get “Here is the ventilators that was sent to New York.”

For whatever reason, that really grates on my ear...even putting the intent of the meme aside.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: April 01, 2020 11:05AM
One word: CULT.

They are indoctrinating an entire generation with his bs. No one can reason with insanity and "fake news" claims. Distopian future ahead, perhaps before 2040. Hate to be negative, but that's what it's looking like.

EDIT: And by distopian, I mean Escape from NY scenario. Thought police, "re-education" camps/ghettos, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 11:07AM by SteveO.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: April 01, 2020 11:31AM
I will asterisk that with a big "unless a significant portion of Rs -- there are only about 20% at best who are not actually in the base -- consistently stand up and call this @#$%& out."

Think McCain's weak-willed defense of Obama in '08: "He's not a Muslim, he's a good person and he cares about our nation..." Paraphrasing here, but he should've also said, "Even if he were a Muslim, it wouldn't matter. Muslims aren't bad. Yes, they have their crazy extremists just like Christians and Jews do..."

His heart was in the right place, though, so points for that.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 01, 2020 11:48AM
NOTHING done after the fact really matters to those who garner their awareness from news bites - the political pros know this, the public doesn't care about this sort of stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018