advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Unfamiliar Fear
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: April 01, 2020 12:40AM
I felt the very guttural beginnings of fear today.
The beginnings of the stirrings of a type of fear that was completely unfamiliar to me.

Because of that, i didn't recognize it as fear.
I thought it was overstimulation caused by the erratic, dangerous words of a guy with No base. No basis.

No moral, ethical, or social base. A guy with no intellectual, creative, imagination driven vision.
A guy who actively and aggressively rejects all of these important items because it contrasts with, and then illuminates all of his very stark and monumental deficits. So much, that anyone who has a vision that derives from some of the beautiful qualities that humans have been gifted with, represents a direct threat to the survival facade this person has built and fortified in order to keep himself from crumbling and collapsing to his knees in the realization of how completely broken he is.

We are basically at the mercy of a person who has put an entire society at risk so he can keep this carefully structured facade intact..So he can keep rolling in this ongoing presentation that he exists inside of.

The fear i feel is 'from him', but right now it's directly focused on the potential for this thing to really start spinning. And it's not just a numbers spin..we're headed for social uprisings if this thing doesn't start to get managed properly..Fauci can only do so much, he is not a supply chain guy..There are so many details that are not being mentioned, at least publicly..but i want to know..we need to know--this is a war..we need food, fuel, ammunition delivered...This worries me. The food chain- what if certain industries begin to fail as workers walk away from their jobs because they feel they are being put in danger from being out in the mix?..this is already happening..Is their a plan for this?

The 8 ball right now feels like it's the size of Jupiter..we need to double down on this isolation thing and stay consistent and driven towards this in a group momentum, support each other..our health care people depend on this..we need to equalize this thing as best we can because if it gets much more our of control, we're not gonna have a force of health care workers to back our asses up...this is real..

I love my Earth people, I love all of you, we can bump heads, but im a hard @#$%& lover, i come back. And i am nothing without the greater 'you'..this is an important thing. Try to spread this feeling into your communities..try to spread it across your 6 degrees of separation. dig in people, lets get @#$%& real here..If not only for the people who are REALLY taking care of business right now..Those people who are dying for us while trying to keep our loved ones alive in the hospitals and makeshift hospitals springing up...lets see what we can do.

I wish all of you fortitude, power and love as we learn this thing and navigate this crazy path we are one.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Unfamiliar Fear
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 01, 2020 12:56AM
It's a truly different type of feeling, living (intellectually) on the outside edges of much of society and then finding you were actually inside all along.

Stay safe.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 01, 2020 03:57AM
Summer is coming and with the heat we’ll get a reprieve.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 01, 2020 05:03AM
There are far too many good people for one to destroy us. Take not counsel of your fears.

Spring is here.
Gardens are being planted.
People are learning new things.

We will survive. We will overcome.
Date: April 01, 2020 05:14AM
The really worrisome part is who we put in charge of this unprecedented disaster.
Posted by: DP
Date: April 01, 2020 06:01AM
This should be on the Other Side. Seriously.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 01, 2020 06:04AM
DP
This should be on the Other Side. Seriously.

Yes, it should be on the other side.
Date: April 01, 2020 06:55AM
It's a problem we all face, why hide from it and make it seem political? Isn't that where we put stuff we don't want to deal with?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 06:57AM by RgrF.
Posted by: DP
Date: April 01, 2020 07:02AM
Because it's just an attack on the President, embedded in a heart-felt request to support our fellow humans during the most stressful crisis of out time.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: April 01, 2020 07:16AM
Do what you want with it, it's your country and as well.
Date: April 01, 2020 07:37AM
I think the fear he may have been addressing was that of social unrest. We think we're first world and it only takes a Rodney King sort of blow-up to show we really are not.
Posted by: Undun
Date: April 01, 2020 07:43AM
Other side with this garbage.
Posted by: Janit
Date: April 01, 2020 08:31AM
It is worth remembering that fear (and anger) are signals to us that something is wrong, very very wrong.

If we hold onto this perspective, maybe we can look for ways to mobilize the energy of that fear (and anger) towards repairing the wrongness, rather than perpetuating it.

Easy to say, but hard to do.

Nevertheless, holding onto our communities of support, even at six feet of separation, is an important way to push back against the despair that such intense fear (and anger) can bring on.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: April 01, 2020 09:10AM
The virus doesn’t care about sides…

=wr=
Posted by: flightdelayedagain
Date: April 01, 2020 09:35AM
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Frank Herbert, Dune
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: April 01, 2020 10:45AM
DP
Because it's just an attack on the President, embedded in a heart-felt request to support our fellow humans during the most stressful crisis of out time.

Yep. Off with this to the other (anti-Trump) side.

/Mr Lynn
Date: April 01, 2020 11:04AM
mrlynn
DP

/Mr Lynn

Because why?

No need to have an exchange of ideas in the face of a pandemic?
Date: April 01, 2020 01:12PM
RgrF
mrlynn
DP

/Mr Lynn

Because why?

No need to have an exchange of ideas in the face of a pandemic?

Calumny is not an 'exchange of ideas'.

/Mr Lynn
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 01, 2020 01:46PM
mrlynn

/Mr Lynn

Not “calumny” in this instance.

calumny
a false and malicious statement designed to injure the reputation of someone or something
Date: April 01, 2020 02:04PM
DeusxMac
mrlynn

/Mr Lynn

calumny
a false and malicious statement designed to injure the reputation of someone or something

A word in and of itself that has had fallen out out useage - sometime shortly following the end of hostilities between the states - and is now resurrected to serve a purpose for which it was never intended. Your intent sir is to mislead and belie the original messag.

went back to add an e but then decided a massage might actually be more relaxing - with or without a happy ending!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 02:11PM by RgrF.
Date: April 01, 2020 02:16PM
DeusxMac
mrlynn

/Mr Lynn

calumny

Yep; it is the right word.

/Mr L
Date: April 01, 2020 02:37PM
I'm always a bit slow when it comes to sparring with Mr L, (or most anyone else actually) so can speaking truth* be maligning and who in this case was maligned?

*truth like alternative facts are apparently in the mind of the beholder
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 01, 2020 07:37PM
If you want to move the discussion along, I think a good place to go would be for someone to point out specific claims made in the OP that are false (or perceived to be false). Then there may be grounds to establish whether or not, in fact, the claims are true or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 07:38PM by Ted King.
Date: April 01, 2020 09:17PM
There was more sentiment to bury the thread than any intent to move the discussion on. Sad because sometimes the only chance we get to talk with postrs of opposing views is to start something on the other side, as soon as it becomes uncomfortable someone bit ches and it's moved to here.

Here is safe since posts here are presumed to not be neutral vanilla enough to posted on the main board.

We as a country and as a people are looking squarely in the face of an adversary we have no real idea how to counter - and here on this little obscure forum we decide to not talk with each other.

It's enough to make you vomit!!
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: April 04, 2020 08:27PM
I have no fear for Jared is leading the way! /extreme_sarc

[www.huffingtonpost.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2020 12:40AM by Article Accelerator.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 167
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020