advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Someone important to us died January 6th; it should be noted here
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 20, 2006 03:08AM
Early in the morning of March 16, 1968, Thompson, door-gunner Lawrence Colburn and crew chief Glenn Andreotta came upon U.S. ground troops killing Vietnamese civilians in and around the village of My Lai.

They landed the helicopter in the line of fire between American troops and fleeing Vietnamese civilians and pointed their own guns at the U.S. soldiers to prevent more killings

[tinyurl.com]

He was what we once thought we all were!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2006 03:15AM by RgrF.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Someone important to us died January 6th; it should be noted here
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: January 20, 2006 08:15AM
He used to speak to military academies, as I recall. Not enough of them, apparently. Ultimately what stopped the Vietnam war was when our soldiers refused to fight that unnecessary war based on lies. How soon we've forgotten the lessons bought at such great cost.
Posted by: Phy
Date: January 20, 2006 12:17PM
Yes, I had read that. He was a true hero!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 20, 2006 04:43PM
I heard an interview with him on NPR. There are some other threads on either Deal Mac or its spinoffs if anyone wants to read more.
Posted by: Berzeko
Date: January 20, 2006 07:33PM
I remember JF Kerry speaking so authoritatively and remorsefully about his own culpablity.....
(If you know about something wrong and don't report it, as an officer you share responsiblity!)
The good ones are dying while the LIAR is a Senator.

Date: January 21, 2006 01:21AM
He went, he was there. More than your boy EVER did. Maybe if he'd ever served in or even SEEN a real battle zone he'd have been less gung ho about starting a war.

Or maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, after all you can't hand out no-bid procurement contracts without a shooting war, can you?
Date: January 21, 2006 05:12AM
Kerry most likely would have continued the bombing campaign Clinton used to supplement sanctions which killed a million and a half Iraqis, including the half million kids Clinton's sec'y of state said their deaths were "worth it because it show'd sanctions were working." Both Dems and Reps have copious amounts of innocent blood slathered up to their elbows. And as long as they can continue their privileged lifestyle most Americans don't care.
Date: January 21, 2006 05:18AM
Bombing threads is no more friendly than bombing people.
Date: January 21, 2006 05:24AM
RgrF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bombing threads is no more friendly than bombing
> people.
>

Nobody died, did they? I'll try to reduce the image sizes. Is this better?

Date: January 21, 2006 05:36AM
As a matter of fact someone did. He was the subject of this thread.

If you, for one moment, think that a forum rant equates with what this man did, you should seek professional help.

You might even consider just thanking the man for being who he was - the best of us.
Date: January 21, 2006 12:17PM
I never met Hugh, but friends have. I held him in high regard and think he'd find the images I posted consistent with what he stood for in life. I'm sorry if you're hurting over his death, but know that he lived his life righteously and has been empowered by death, not deleted. Sometimes we never appreciate things, or people, until they're gone.

You wrote:
"Or maybe it wouldn't have made a difference, after all you can't hand out no-bid procurement contracts without a shooting war, can you?"

... Thereby opening your thread to wider comment than simply eulogizing Hugh. I'm sorry you're hurting, but know that death is only a transition to a higher plane, not the end, but a beginning. Hugh learned his lessons well and passed his exams. His example inspires many, including myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020