advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Leader of ReOpen NC group tests positive for COVID-19.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 27, 2020 02:32PM
yeah, I know it's petty and mean to post this.

But perhaps, like Senator Collins, we can all learn something from this.

Leader of ReOpen NC group tests positive for COVID-19.
[www.cbs17.com]

Audrey Whitlock posted to the ReOpen NC Facebook page early Sunday saying her two-week quarantine was ending. She described herself as an “an asymptomatic COVID19 positive patient.”

Whitlock is one of the administrators of the ReOpen NC Facebook page – which has helped organize two protests in downtown Raleigh calling for Gov. Roy Cooper to lift his stay-at-home order.

In Whitlock’s post, she wrote about how the restrictions put in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic are violating her First Amendment rights as well as her 5th and 14th Amendment rights.

She said she was “forced” to quarantine which violated her First Amendment rights.

“The reality is that modern society has not been able to eradicate contagious viruses. A typical public health quarantine would occur in a medical facility. I have been told not to participate in public or private accommodations as requested by the government, and therefore denied my 1st amendment right of freedom of religion,” Whitlock wrote.

She went on to say that “It has been insinuated by others that if I go out, I could be arrested for denying a quarantine order.”

She says an arrest in that situation would violate the Americans with Disabilities Act.

ReOpen NC said it would hold rallies in Raleigh every Tuesday until the governor’s restrictions are lifted. On Thursday, Cooper extended the stay-at-home order until May 8.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Leader of ReOpen NC group tests positive for COVID-19.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 27, 2020 02:40PM
With rights come responsibilities.
People who are irresponsible with other people’s safety need to be corrected.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 27, 2020 02:45PM
How did she get tested without symptoms? That was my question, and it's answered here. Her story is pretty strange. And yes look at the pics of that protest, no social distancing, very few masks.

[www.newsobserver.com]
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 27, 2020 04:28PM
Does she REALLY have Covid19?

Apparently MOST of the current available tests are VERY flawed (from online reporting sources in the last few days). Until test reliability GREATLY improves, unless victims display overt symptoms, it seems to be a real crapshoot as to who is and is not infected.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 28, 2020 12:40PM
So she got the CDC test, tested positive, was told by her doc to stay at home. But is upset that she was told to stay at home. I suppose we can conclude that if she had any other disease she would similarly be upset about being told what to do for any reason.

"Don't stand up, your leg may break and you may hurt someone else. "
"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO."

And so she has a mouthpiece for her misunderstanding of what the 1st Amendment is.

What's hilarious is she no doubt stayed at home for the 2 weeks back in Feb when she felt like crap, but now that she feels OK, any asymptomatic condition is to her the same as being healthy, so ya know, no risk anywhere.

Some people are just stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 12:41PM by deckeda.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 28, 2020 01:16PM
AND she wants a refund of her taxes, because...

...well, I’m not sure. She just does, dammit!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020