advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump getting hot to reopen schools
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 27, 2020 05:26PM
[abcnews.go.com]

Great idea you idiot. We have about a month left so let's just cram all the kids together and see how many die.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump getting hot to reopen schools
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 27, 2020 05:53PM
Dennis S
[abcnews.go.com]

Great idea you idiot. We have about a month left so let's just cram all the kids together and see how many die.

This is especially concerning because we're now seeing some very peculiar (and lethal) manifestations of this virus in kids in the UK... I wonder if the virus is mutating, or it's an issue of the kids' genetic backgrounds.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 27, 2020 07:53PM
Open ‘em. Don’t care. We’re not sending our kids back this year. We’re really good with stay-at-home as a unit.

If the situation is bad in the fall we may pay to enroll them in online, as much as I truly hate the for-profit online schooling for kids. Or get a crash course in home schooling.

What’s hilarious is that so many people still want to mentally segregate kids, as in, keep them out of school so they “they” are safe, but open up everything else.
Date: April 27, 2020 08:18PM
deckeda
Open ‘em. Don’t care. We’re not sending our kids back this year. We’re really good with stay-at-home as a unit.

If the situation is bad in the fall we may pay to enroll them in online, as much as I truly hate the for-profit online schooling for kids. Or get a crash course in home schooling.

What’s hilarious is that so many people still want to mentally segregate kids, as in, keep them out of school so they “they” are safe, but open up everything else.

If the people I've seen home school kids are any indication, it should be a breeze for you.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 27, 2020 08:35PM
Yeah, we schooled at home, and the kids are doing just fine, thanks.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: April 27, 2020 08:36PM
deckeda

you can definitely, successfully homeschool without online schooling. homeschooled my kid through 8th grade. would have continued but he lobbied for conventional high school. looking back now he regrets that decision.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: April 27, 2020 08:46PM
My friend homeschooled her son around the 10th grade because he was having all sorts of problems at school. They got them sorted out and he re-entered the last two years and thrived.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: April 27, 2020 11:02PM
Our district is doing remote learning for the rest of the school year. We'll see about August...
Posted by: bfd
Date: April 28, 2020 01:38AM
Hot for Teacher?!?
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 28, 2020 10:19AM
Anything to change the subjectRollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 28, 2020 12:19PM
You literally can't "reopen the country" and send people back to work if their children have nowhere to go.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Sam3
Date: April 29, 2020 03:51AM
rjmacs
You literally can't "reopen the country" and send people back to work if their children have nowhere to go.

We do quite well in the summertime.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 29, 2020 04:12PM
Sam3
rjmacs

We do quite well in the summertime.

That's because when you have a period of anticipated school closure *say, summer* other clubs, programs, camps, and childcare arrangements are readily available because it's an expected need.

Thus, the children don't have nowhere to go.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 234
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018