advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
On American flight 2062. It's weird.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 28, 2020 08:36AM
Finally got a flight, Seattle to Charlotte. About 20 people on board, most in masks.

TSA agents were not wearing masks. Had to take my own mask off at security (as you'd expect) and there was no social distancing in the TSA area, they were pushing people through the way they usually do even though there were very few passengers. Wasn't thrilled to see that. I did hear one agent say they were changing gloves between pat downs.

Flight attendants, one in a mask the rest are not.

So this is all pretty strange. Glad to be on my way back to SC. Gorgeous sunrise behind Mt. Rainier when we took off at 5:30 AM.

Be safe and well everybody.

[forums.macresource.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: On American flight 2062. It's weird.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 28, 2020 08:58AM
It must be such a relief to be able to go help take care of your mom.

I wonder if the lack of PPE by TSA, security and airline personnel is because of equipment shortages or policy decisions. The fact that the TSA people were not making accommodations for social distancing when it seems they could is disturbing.

Hope things are well with your family and that you stay well.
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 28, 2020 09:12AM
That's disappointing. Now when one of those TSA agents goes positive, we have a contact cluster of hundreds (or more) spread across the country. Even if they can't source enough PPE, they could socially distance with materials from the office supply cabinet. With such low traffic load, they have plenty of hallway space. Just another sign of scatterbrained leadership at the federal level.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 28, 2020 09:14AM
Glad to hear that you’re making it to your mom! I’ve been wondering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 09:16AM by btfc.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 28, 2020 09:42AM
Glad you made it!

Did sort of the opposite with my mom, got her down to Florida in late-March. There were 7 people on her flight.

Ted King
I wonder if the lack of PPE by TSA, security and airline personnel is because of equipment shortages or policy decisions. The fact that the TSA people were not making accommodations for social distancing when it seems they could is disturbing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the employees were taking them off. Wearing a mask all day is hot and uncomfortable. They should have face-shields, but then they'd look like stormtroopers.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 28, 2020 09:43AM
Good luck LD. Are you parachuting in or have they opened the island?
Date: April 28, 2020 10:05AM
Thanks for the good wishes all.

Not sure what's going on with masks and airport workers, they should all have them. A lot of TSA agents have gotten sick

Overall, TSA has had 495 federal employees test positive for COVID-19. 199 employees have recovered, and 4 have unfortunately died as a result of the virus.

TSA is taking extraordinary steps to protect our workforce, including issuing improved personal protective equipment like N95 respirators and eye protection.
'
(didn't see any of that...)

Administrator David Pekoske recently responded to questions from Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Bennie Thompson and Subcommittee Chairman J. Luis Correa on the efforts TSA has taken to protect the frontline workforce from COVID-19. You can read the letter to find out more.

Looking at their guidelines - I can say at SeaTac this morning they were not complying with the social distancing
[www.tsa.gov]

This also shows how many agents have gotten sick at each airport in the country. Only 6 at SeaTac, none in Charlotte, over a hundred at JFK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 10:15AM by Lemon Drop.
Date: April 28, 2020 10:11AM
RgrF
Good luck LD. Are you parachuting in or have they opened the island?

LOL
My Mom is on the island with my sister in law and niece. I will self-quarantine away from her in the Upstate, then join them later. Reverse of our original plan. Edisto Beach is open to property owners only so as long as my Mom is with us, it's cool.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: April 28, 2020 10:37AM
My best wishes to you LD on this trip…

=wr=
Posted by: neophyte
Date: April 28, 2020 11:17AM
Please protect yourself. Greenville has a higher confirmed case count than elsewhere, though it may be due to more testing than elsewhere. Let me know if you need anything in the Low Country.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 28, 2020 12:46PM
Here is the page where email forms may be sent for letting the TSA know they're behavior does not comply with stated policies: [www.tsa.gov]

Maybe use the Security button.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 28, 2020 07:15PM
.....***d.....speed....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 30, 2020 11:28AM
neophyte
Please protect yourself. Greenville has a higher confirmed case count than elsewhere, though it may be due to more testing than elsewhere. Let me know if you need anything in the Low Country.

Thank you!
I'm scheduled for an antibody test on Friday. Very curious about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 238
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018