advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Pence defends not wearing face mask during Mayo Clinic visit
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 28, 2020 04:15PM

what would Jesus wear? (you know damn well)

The Sub-Idiot doesn't seem to know that masks are to protect you from particulates and spray from OTHER PEOPLE (as well as protecting them from your poxy self). What is incredible is that Idiot Pence did not seem to know this and is supposed to be the Head Of The Forking Task Force

Pence defends not wearing face mask during Mayo Clinic visit
[thehill.com]

Vice President Pence on Tuesday defended his decision not to wear a face covering during a visit to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, despite the facility's policy requiring all visitors to have one.

The vice president said he was following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, which say face coverings are intended to prevent those who may have the virus but are asymptomatic from spreading it to others.

"As Vice President of the United States I'm tested for the coronavirus on a regular basis, and everyone who is around me is tested for the coronavirus,” Pence told reporters traveling with him.

"And since I don't have the coronavirus, I thought it'd be a good opportunity for me to be here, to be able to speak to these researchers, these incredible health care personnel, and look them in the eye and say thank you," he added.

Pence was the only individual spotted without a mask during his visit to the Mayo Clinic, where conducted a tour and held a roundtable with physicians, nurses and researchers. Everyone else seen on camera with Pence had masks on, including Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Stephen Hahn.

The Mayo Clinic issued guidance on April 13 requiring all patients and visitors to wear a face covering or mask in accordance with updated recommendations from the CDC. The clinic said it would provide masks for those who did not bring their own.

On Tuesday the clinic tweeted, then deleted, a message that it informed Pence of its masking policy prior to his arrival in Rochester. "Mayo shared the masking policy with the VP’s office," the clinic said in an emailed statement after deleting the tweet.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pence defends not wearing face mask during Mayo Clinic visit
Date: April 28, 2020 04:16PM
my mistake, turns out he had his Korona Koolaid Klenser Lung Injection
(Dr Trumpo wrote him a scrip)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 28, 2020 04:19PM
Why do I get the feeling the "patient" is a prop?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 28, 2020 04:20PM
His Holiness Pence, hyped up on an internal UV-C light butt plug, Lysol IV, and Chloroquine laced Holy Tacos, demonstrates the effectiveness of the Stably Genius President's protections against the Coronavirus.
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 28, 2020 04:21PM
Date: April 28, 2020 04:35PM
good comment:
"Pence doesn't want anyone to mistake him for a Muslim woman."
Date: April 28, 2020 04:45PM

Pence follows those loved by Trump and God (in that order)
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: April 28, 2020 04:58PM
It’s a photo op. What’s the point of him being there if he’s unrecognizable due to a mask? Besides, masks work far better to prevent transmission than to prevent catching the disease, so he’ll be OK. If someone else gets sick from him, well, it’s just the price for all the winning.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 28, 2020 05:07PM
"Do as I say, not as I do" - I bet Jesus said that somewhere in the bible.

Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: April 28, 2020 05:18PM
Pence has his nose so far up Trump’s ass, it’s a miracle he can breathe now. Adding a mask would only make things worse...he is an utterly contemptible toady. Which is why he was picked for VP.

Bottom line: Trump won’t wear a mask because it would undermine his pathetic tough-guy posturing...and it would draw attention to the pandemic he has underplayed. Pence is simply following suit.

Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 28, 2020 05:37PM
“And since I don't have the coronavirus, I thought it'd be a good opportunity for me to be here, to be able to speak to these researchers, these incredible health care personnel, and look them in the eye and say thank you.”

Someone needs to tell Pence the mask is only supposed to cover the mouth and nose.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: graylocks
Date: April 28, 2020 06:04PM
and look them in the eye and say thank you,

so Pence's eyes are in his mouth? seems like there would be hardly any room given his foot is already there.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: davester
Date: April 28, 2020 06:07PM
This is a classic "The rules only apply to the little people", "let them eat cake" moment.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: clay
Date: April 28, 2020 06:32PM
what a @#$%& @#$%&
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: April 28, 2020 06:46PM
He does what Trump tells him to do.
Period.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 28, 2020 06:56PM
Yoyodyne ArtWorks
He does what Trump tells him to do.
Period.

Trump doesn't have to say a word.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 28, 2020 07:48PM
Well, he went to Mayo for news attention - so that part of his visit worked out!
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 28, 2020 08:57PM
graylocks
and look them in the eye and say thank you,

so Pence's eyes are in his mouth? seems like there would be hardly any room given his foot is already there.

goodone

Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 29, 2020 05:15PM
It infuriates me that people who work in/visit the White House get tested and re-tested rather than follow the guidelines that everyone else follows. They are wasting a ton of tests needed elsewhere, just so they can act like there is no virus. Then Pence has to rub it in by telling us he doesn't have to follow a hospital's policy because he gets tested all the time. How about setting an example for others?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2020 05:16PM by $tevie.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 29, 2020 05:18PM
$tevie
It infuriates me that people who work in/visit the White House get tested and re-tested rather than follow the guidelines that everyone else follows. They are wasting a ton of tests needed elsewhere, just so they can act like there is no virus. Then Pence has to rub it in by telling us he doesn't have to follow a hospital's policy because he gets tested all the time. How about setting an example for others?

He's setting an example of wealthy white privilege.

Posted by: Acer
Date: April 29, 2020 05:24PM
When Trump said if you want a test, you can get a test, he was apparently inviting us all to the White House. I'll have the Chicken Nuggets, thanks, and do you have Diet Coke?
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 30, 2020 11:33AM

Second lady Karen Pence said Thursday that Vice President Pence had been unaware of the Mayo Clinic's policy requiring all visitors to wear a face covering until after he left the facility on Tuesday.

Yeah, no.

On Tuesday, the clinic tweeted, then deleted, a message that it informed Pence of its masking policy prior to his arrival in Rochester.

"Mayo shared the masking policy with the VP’s office," the clinic said in an emailed statement after deleting the tweet.

But the staff didn’t tell him? Sounds like he needs new staff.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: April 30, 2020 03:24PM
pdq

Second lady Karen Pence said Thursday that Vice President Pence had been unaware of the Mayo Clinic's policy requiring all visitors to wear a face covering until after he left the facility on Tuesday.

don't you just love entitled, magical thinking? if i looked around a room during a pandemic and absolutely everyone else was wearing a mask I'd at least ask So hey, are masks required here?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 30, 2020 07:24PM
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 30, 2020 08:29PM
The truth came out and boy is Pence pissed:

Pence’s wife, Karen Pence, said in an interview with Fox News on Thursday that he was unaware of the mask policy until his visit was over.

But Steve Herman, who covers the White House for Voice of America, [tweeted].“All of us who traveled with [Pence] were notified by the office of @VP the day before the trip that wearing of masks was required by the @MayoClinic and to prepare accordingly,”...

The tweet apparently enraged Pence’s staff, which told Herman that he had violated the off-the-record terms of a planning memo that had been sent to him and other reporters in advance of Pence’s trip.

How dare you expose our lie? You’ll pay for this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018