advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Georgia - testing isn't needed
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 30, 2020 03:43PM
Georgia's governor removed the road test requirement for drivers license applicants until the coronavirus state of emergency is lifted after May 13.

Drivers will just need to provide a signed affidavit stating they have completed 40 hours of supervised driving. Parents and guardians may sign for minors, those over 18 can sign for themselves. Once the applicant passes the written test they will be issued a license.

I'm guessing the correct answer to the written test is "hold my beer"

gears smiley

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Georgia - testing isn't needed
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 30, 2020 04:11PM
Ombligo
Georgia's governor removed the road test requirement for drivers license applicants until the coronavirus state of emergency is lifted after May 13.

Drivers will just need to provide a signed affidavit stating they have completed 40 hours of supervised driving. Parents and guardians may sign for minors, those over 18 can sign for themselves. Once the applicant passes the written test they will be issued a license.

I'm guessing the correct answer to the written test is "hold my beer"

gears smiley

Makes me wonder...how many people can't pass the test?

I don't mean bump the curb during parallel parking and fail because instructor is a hard ass and come back in a week in pass. I mean be so bad they just can't pass.

Judging by the quality of drivers in every state, I would guess zero.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 30, 2020 04:30PM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 30, 2020 06:06PM
good comment:
Everybody sing, "A spoonful of Clorox makes the temperature go down..."
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: April 30, 2020 07:17PM
Lux Interior
Makes me wonder...how many people can't pass the test?

Has it occurred to you that the test involves sitting in a small enclosed space with a stranger for upwards of 20 minutes and the state's DMV employees might not want to do that during a pandemic?

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 30, 2020 07:31PM
A wireless 360 camera in the passenger compartment would let the examiner administer the test remotely.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 30, 2020 09:36PM
THE article I saw said there is about a 20% failure rate on first attempts, and there was about a 30,000 backlog due to high school classes.

6,000 bad drivers is a lot to be putting on the road.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 01, 2020 07:01AM
The problem with testing in general is that it never captures hubris and over confidence, the two highest at-risk aspects of young drivers. If anyone needs a ride from my 17 yr old just ask. You won’t be texting from the passenger seat unless it’s to ask someone to call for a roadblock. (But hey, that’s only on his “bad days” amirite?)
Posted by: davester
Date: May 01, 2020 09:01AM
Compared to most other developed countries, passing a drivers license test in the US was already ultra easy. There is a much higher bar for getting a license in France, UK, etc. Hence driver skills in those countries are on average much higher than here.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 01, 2020 12:08PM
Georgia: Driver's test? COVID hot!
Also Georgia: Want a tattoo? COVID cold!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018