Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"I am not f***ing losing to Biden!"
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 02, 2020 10:53PM
[wgno.com]

smiley-laughing001

Actually it's not a laughing matter. One wonders what would happen to this guy if he actually lost... like would he refuse to concede, crack up or something.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "I am not f***ing losing to Biden!"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 02, 2020 11:30PM
Let’s work on making it happen and then deal with whatever later.

It sure beats the alternative.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 02, 2020 11:39PM
According to CNN and WaPo, things are perhaps getting a bit... snippy.

During a recent teleconference,
”Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his campaign manager Brad Parscale, three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale. It's not clear how serious the President's threat of a lawsuit was.”

The claim now is, of course, everything is peachy.

Posted by: GGD
Date: May 03, 2020 02:47AM
How's Paul Manafort's availability for when Parscale quits or gets fired?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 03, 2020 05:17AM
GGD
How's Paul Manafort's availability for when Parscale quits or gets fired?

Pretty available once Pres. Trump gives him a pardon.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 03, 2020 04:59PM
Dumbf is Nixon on steroids. He must be stopped, for he will stop at nothing

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters…"

[www.cnn.com]

Think about that.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 03, 2020 05:41PM
bfd
Dumbf is Nixon on steroids. He must be stopped, for he will stop at nothing

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters…"

[www.cnn.com]

Think about that.
I do think about it, and it scares me. What happens if he loses? Will he demand that his minions “rise up against those who would take away your second amendment rights?” Will he stage a civil war? I can see it happening without too much effort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 05:42PM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 03, 2020 05:48PM
We got a glimpse of what he can do to egg on white nationalists with how he responded to Charlottesville and his encouragement of similar types to act near-violently toward state governments that are not doing his bidding with respect to opening up the economy. It's not at all implausible that he could rally a lot of thugs to cause a lot of disturbance which he could try to use to justify not leaving office (national emergency).

I'm not convinced he would choose to go down that road if he were not reelected, though. Somebody might be able to bribe him to go relatively quietly. If he is completely trounced in the election, that could finally be enough to stop Republicans from ruining our democracy. I mean, that could happen, couldn't it?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 03, 2020 06:12PM
Ted King
Somebody might be able to bribe him to go relatively quietly.

What would they be able to promise him? That he'll be pardoned by the next president?

Date: May 03, 2020 06:39PM
Like I said at the outset -- I think the most likely thing for him to do, if he loses, is to argue some sort of voter fraud or something ad infinitum, so as to bring normal functioning of the government to a halt. Failing that, yes, he's just enough batsh!t cray as to encourage his proxies to do his bidding and again interfere with the normal function of government and/or the new administration.

Posted by: Acer
Date: May 03, 2020 07:00PM
Recall that Florida and the federal government flopped around like a landed fish for a month after the 2000 elections when "this never happened before" happened.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 03, 2020 07:47PM
Sarcany
Ted King

What would they be able to promise him? That he'll be pardoned by the next president?

Good point.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 03, 2020 08:02PM
Ted King
Sarcany
Ted King

Good point.

He's more worried about the unpardonable charges awaiting him via the Southern District of NY. Literally the very reason he moved his official residence to Mara Lago. We'll drag him from there.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 03, 2020 09:14PM
After Nixon announced his resignation but prior to it going into effect, steps were taken to remove his ability to launch nuclear weapons. Normally the president holds those powers until a new president is sworn in. However, there was a fear that Nixon may have become suicidal or otherwise unbalanced following his resignation and would go take the nation down with him. Directions were given to SAC and the submarine fleet to ignore any launch commands without confirmation from the Secretary of Defense.

I can't help but wonder if such secret commands are in place for Trump.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: May 03, 2020 09:57PM
Ombligo
After Nixon announced his resignation but prior to it going into effect, steps were taken to remove his ability to launch nuclear weapons. Normally the president holds those powers until a new president is sworn in. However, there was a fear that Nixon may have become suicidal or otherwise unbalanced following his resignation and would go take the nation down with him. Directions were given to SAC and the submarine fleet to ignore any launch commands without confirmation from the Secretary of Defense.

I can't help but wonder if such secret commands are in place for Trump.

Yeeesh. If we needed those for Nixon, we need them like +2000% for Trump. He's mentally unbalanced now; lord knows what happens if/when he loses.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 04, 2020 01:05AM
The current Secretary of Defense is no more a firewall against an out of control Trump than is the Attorney General a firewall against illegal behavior on the part of this administration.

They are both intricately involved in demolition of the system of checks and balances we have always assumed would protect us should a maniac somehow gain that office.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 04, 2020 08:29PM
Trump will promptly begin to sue anyone and everyone who had even the most remote connection to his campaign AND he will sue anyone and everyone who had even the most remote connection to Biden's campaign. He will try to make one last big payload out of his pantsload of an administration.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 331
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018