advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rick Bright, Former Top Vaccine Scientist, Files Whistleblower Complaint
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 05, 2020 06:13PM

The federal scientist who was ousted last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority has filed a whistleblower complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

Rick Bright was a high-ranking federal scientist focused on vaccine development and a deputy assistant secretary with the Department of Health and Human Services. On April 20, Bright said, he was transferred to a "less impactful position" at the National Institutes of Health after he was reluctant to promote the use of drugs such as hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 patients.

In the complaint, Bright alleges a range of government wrongdoing by Dr. Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary of preparedness and response at the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and others. Bright was supervised by Kadlec, who in turn reported to HHS Secretary Alex Azar.

lots more

[www.npr.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rick Bright, Former Top Vaccine Scientist, Files Whistleblower Complaint
Posted by: hal
Date: May 05, 2020 06:31PM
I'm sure Justice Dept will get right on that...

[edit: hopefully he is summoned by the House, Trump block his appearance, but Bright says, '@#$%& you' and shows up for the hearing. Secret Service tries to arrest him...]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 06:32PM by hal.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 05, 2020 09:02PM
Could be worse, he might be a whistleblower in Russia
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: May 06, 2020 12:33PM
WTF Russia.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 06, 2020 02:15PM
Bright accused the Trump administration of wanting to 'flood' hot spots like New York and New Jersey with untested drugs.

'I witnessed government leadership rushing blindly into a potentially dangerous situation by bringing in a non-FDA approved chloroquine from Pakistan and India, from facilities that had never been approved by the FDA,' Bright told reporters Tuesday, according to the Associated Press. 'Their eagerness to push blindly forward without sufficient data to put this drug into the hands of Americans was alarming to me and my fellow scientists.'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 213
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018