advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump administration shelves CDC guide to reopening country: AP
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 07, 2020 10:54AM
A report by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team meant to give advice to local leaders deciding when and how to reopen public places during the coronavirus pandemic has been shelved by the Trump administration, the Associated Press reported Thursday. The CDC report was supposed to be published last Friday, but agency scientists were told the guidance "would never see the light of day," according to a CDC official cited by the AP. The AP says the guide was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen.

PDF of CDC document the Trump Gang won't let you see=> [assets.documentcloud.org]

full AP article=> [apnews.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump administration shelves CDC guide to reopening country: AP
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 07, 2020 11:03AM
That's crazy. I suspect they are now very worried about liability, for the government and for businesses and organizations. They don't want to put businesses at risk of getting sued if they don't follow these guidelines and someone gets infected; they also don't want the government held liable if the advice offered is lacking or considered overly costly or restrictive. It's sad commentary on the state of everything; the lack of quality and consistent information will cost lives.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 07, 2020 11:29AM
Lemon Drop
That's crazy. I suspect they are now very worried about liability, for the government and for businesses and organizations. They don't want to put businesses at risk of getting sued if they don't follow these guidelines and someone gets infected; they also don't want the government held liable if the advice offered is lacking or considered overly costly or restrictive. It's sad commentary on the state of everything; the lack of quality and consistent information will cost lives.

They don't care. The Trump administration doesn't care, the Republicans don't care, some businesses don't care, the anti-shutdown and anti-vaxxers don't care. Soon media will stop reporting death counts, and the general public soon won't care, as the deaths and the pandemic have been normalized.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 07, 2020 12:43PM
Deseret News

[Utah County Commissioner Bill] Lee compared the dilemma to rooting weeds out of his lawn, either by spot treating the lawn or turning off the sprinklers altogether.

“I can surgically go after them, or I can turn the whole water off so everything dies,” he said. “Sometimes I feel like our reaction to this situation has been the reaction, ‘Let’s just turn the water off.’ I would never do that.”

Would it be different if the weeds in your lawn had giant razor-sharp incisors and threatened everyone who entered your yard with violence, including you?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 07, 2020 12:43PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 12:43PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 07, 2020 12:48PM
They just want to sweep the problem under the rug. The plan is to acknowledge it’s bad, people will die, but nothing can be done.

The fact that the economy they claim to value will continue to tank because people are allowed to infect each other is just one more thing they’ll normalize.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 07, 2020 01:35PM
“By doing all this testing,” Trump said, “we make ourselves look bad.”

"The notion that everyone needs to be tested is simply nonsensical" -- Kayleigh McEnany
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 07, 2020 03:00PM
cbelt3

This is it. The demonstrations are only from rich people (and Russians) astroturfing up fury on social media to keep the money train rolling. They don't care how many cretins die.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 07, 2020 03:06PM
hal
“By doing all this testing,” Trump said, “we make ourselves look bad.”

"The notion that everyone needs to be tested is simply nonsensical" -- Kayleigh McEnany

Afraid to look that up. So please lie to me and say none of that is true.

But if it’s real they both should be plastered on every Democratic campaign flyer.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 07, 2020 09:54PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018