advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Pence's Press Secretary Katie Miller tests positive for Covid-19
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 08, 2020 02:05PM
Oopsie-poopsie. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pence's Press Secretary Katie Miller tests positive for Covid-19
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 08, 2020 02:11PM
......all I can say is both Pence and Trump must have really strong immune systems or very lucky......they've had many possible exposures but never seem to get infected......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: May 08, 2020 02:16PM
She is married to Reichsminister Stephen Miller, FWIW.

rj
AKA
Posted by: hal
Date: May 08, 2020 02:18PM
damn! they buried the lead: That's Stephen Miller's wife. Trump cant say that Miller is a lowly employee that he does see frequently.

from the art:

Zeke Miller, reporter for the Associated Press, had asked McEnany why the average American should feel comfortable going to work if the “the White House isn’t even safe for people.”

She said that the guidelines they are recommending for businesses “we are now putting in place here in the White House. So as America reopens safely, the White House is continuing to operate safely.”

So the guidelines that the WH is putting out to the world included daily tests for EVERYONE on the premises just like the WH?? IS that what she said there?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 08, 2020 02:38PM
Smart lady.. now she can at least stay away from Hermann Goering... um.. Miller for 14 days.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 08, 2020 03:53PM
The president is so thoughtful and considerate towards our vets from the Greatest Generation.

“Even so, given the incidents of COVID-19 at the White House, ABC News’ chief White House correspondent Jon Karl asked whether Trump gave any consideration to wearing a mask when he visited the World War II Memorial, where he was joined by veterans in their 90s who were marking the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

“Did he consider wearing a mask while he was with these veterans?” Karl said.

McEnany replied, “This President is regularly tested. This President will make the decision whether to wear a mask or not. I can tell you that those veterans are protected. They made the choice to come here because they have chosen to put the nation first. They wanted to be with the commander in chief on this momentous day. It was their choice to come here, and I can tell you that the President always puts the safety of our veterans first and of the American people first.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 08, 2020 04:08PM
McEnany: and I can tell you that the President always puts the safety of our veterans first and of the American people first.

Yeah, you can tell us. But you were lying.

Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 08, 2020 06:07PM
I wonder if there’s a picture of the President meeting with these vulnerable vets while not wearing a mask. I’d love to see it posted everywhere.

The spokesperson’s response is absolutely chilling.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 08, 2020 06:36PM
Ammo
I wonder if there’s a picture of the President meeting with these vulnerable vets while not wearing a mask. I’d love to see it posted everywhere.

The spokesperson’s response is absolutely chilling.

In a press conference, the cheeto claimed that he was far enough away for him not to need a mask, and that they (the press) were all worried about the vets and not him (!).

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 08, 2020 07:32PM
He said the wind was blowing in a way they wouldn't be affected, or some BS like that. Doesn't look that way to me.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 08, 2020 07:58PM

"This is why the whole concept of tests aren’t necessarily great," Trump said Friday afternoon during the meeting with Republicans.

"The tests are perfect but something can happen between a test where it's good and something happens," he continued.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 08, 2020 08:22PM
......Trump keep saying that WH personnel all wear masks....and yet we've never seen a single one with a mask on.........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 08, 2020 08:28PM
$tevie

"This is why the whole concept of tests aren’t necessarily great," Trump said Friday afternoon during the meeting with Republicans.

"The tests are perfect but something can happen between a test where it's good and something happens," he continued.

Trump, you idiot, that's why it's good to test.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 08, 2020 08:50PM
Date: May 08, 2020 09:02PM
$tevie

But... but... he said the tests are perfect! And yet they can also be good! And also something can happen! And then there can be something else, between good and something not so good!

So let me get this straight, his scale looks something like this:

<------- something happens/not so good -------- can happen/here be dragons --------- not necessarily great -------- good, but not the same as perfect -------- great -------- perfect ------->

.... where exactly on this scale should we put him and his administration? Is there anything below "something happens/not so good" ? Less than zero, perhaps?

I'm guessing he failed basic number theory... this is what happens when you vote a moron in for office.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 08, 2020 09:20PM
Not a moron, a grifter. You cannot successfully run a grift if you are certifiably a moron.
Date: May 09, 2020 12:10AM
RgrF
Not a moron, a grifter. You cannot successfully run a grift if you are certifiably a moron.

Exactly. His success is debatable, as it's likely to end the same way almost all of his other "projects" have ended: bankruptcy and failure.

Posted by: pdq
Date: May 09, 2020 10:19AM
...and now Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant tests positive.

...and among the ranks of the Secret Service:

According to the DHS document, along with the 11 active cases there are 23 members of the Secret Service who have recovered from COVID-19 and an additional 60 employees who are self-quarantining.

But it’s a hoax, so no worries.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 09, 2020 11:05AM
The worst part about Katie Miller testing positive is that she was at a retirement home and NOT wearing a mask the day before the positive result came back. She put dozens of people at higher risk by not following sensible guidelines. In some states, over 60% of the deaths are in nursing homes.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 09, 2020 02:27PM
Filliam H. Muffman
The worst part about Katie Miller testing positive is that she was at a retirement home and NOT wearing a mask the day before the positive result came back.

Seems to me like she's as likely as not to have picked it up there, no?

rj
AKA
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 09, 2020 03:21PM
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman
The worst part about Katie Miller testing positive is that she was at a retirement home and NOT wearing a mask the day before the positive result came back.

And test positive the day after? From what I have been seeing it would take longer in most cases than a day to show up.
Date: May 09, 2020 04:30PM
JoeH
rjmacs
Filliam H. Muffman

And test positive the day after? From what I have been seeing it would take longer in most cases than a day to show up.

Cite?

rj
AKA
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 09, 2020 05:04PM
This isn't talking out one's azz - even though it does come straight from the annals…

[annals.org]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 10, 2020 06:05PM
Incubation timeline: NIH.GOV
"...we estimate the mean incubation period to be 6.4 days (95% credible interval: 5.6–7.7), ranging from 2.1 to 11.1 days (2.5th to 97.5th percentile)."

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 11, 2020 09:02AM
Thanks, Filliam!

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018