advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Huh? Obama is guilty of the biggest political crime in American history?
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 11, 2020 11:39PM
News to me, but apparently not to our great leader:

[twitter.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2020 11:41PM by PeterB.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Huh? Obama is guilty of the biggest political crime in American history?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 12, 2020 12:04AM
Orange Galactic Embarrassment: "You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody."

I think this event might have set a new record. I'm not sure anything he said was true, but I can't stand to watch any more to verify. It seemed like it was a steady stream of pathological lies from the fragile narcissist, a nearly complete break with reality. I wonder what would happen if most of the staff came down with infections and he had to sit alone in his office all day.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 12, 2020 12:13AM
Twenty senators could have saved us from this nightmare. 60 million @#$%& idiots could have also prevented it.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 12, 2020 12:19AM
"You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody."

The crime was for Mr Obama to be born black.

Is there any other answer?
Date: May 12, 2020 12:27AM
Filliam H. Muffman
I wonder what would happen if most of the staff came down with infections and he had to sit alone in his office all day.

Ordinarily, I might think that this would result in a positive outcome for everybody, because the one thing a pathological narcissist needs is an audience. Unfortunately, this particular pathological narcissist both has access to the internet ( = infinite audience) AND happens to have his fingers on the nuclear trigger.

All of us are screwed, unless it gets to the point where the guy truly cracks up (25th Amendment?), or is voted out of office. Even if the latter occurs, a lot can happen between now and November, and his potential to cause a national and global hot mess apparently has no bounds.

Edit: if this description of his current behavior in the WH is accurate, no wonder he's cracking up: [www.esquire.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2020 12:32AM by PeterB.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 12, 2020 01:01AM
Dennis S
Twenty senators could have saved us from this nightmare. 60 million @#$%& idiots could have also prevented it.

Four Senate votes would have turned the government over to Mike Pence, how would anything have been different if Pence were President?
Date: May 12, 2020 02:26AM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 12, 2020 06:52AM
From what I’ve seen, this is another fart bubble instigated by the posting of another oh so cryptic ‘Q communique’ that ordered the goon squad to get #Obamagate trending on Twitter. There were no actual harebrained details, just the hashtag, thus the ’Oh you know what it is’ hand waving.

Apparently it made its way along the alimentary tract to its most public facing orifice and he expressed it at the press flogging.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 12, 2020 07:07AM
[nymag.com]

Rucker: What is the crime exactly that you’re accusing him of.

Trump: You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.

...In later tweets, he clarified that the term was just a rebranding of his festering complaints over the Justice Department’s probing of incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn during the transition between the Obama and Trump administrations.

[en.wikipedia.org]

On December 1, 2017, Flynn appeared in federal court to formalize a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller to plead guilty to a felony count of "willfully and knowingly" making false statements to the FBI. Flynn agreed to cooperate with the Special Counsel's investigation. The United States Department of Justice announced in early May 2020 that it was dropping all charges against Flynn.

Posted by: space-time
Date: May 12, 2020 07:24AM
Four Senate votes would have turned the government over to Mike Pence,

How?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 12, 2020 07:42AM
Hey! Speaking of fart bubbles ...

“I think President Obama should have kept his mouth shut. You know, we know he doesn’t like much this administration is doing. That’s understandable. But I think it’s a little bit classless frankly to critique an administration that comes after you.

“You had your shot. You were there for eight years, I think the tradition that the Bushes set up of not critiquing the president who comes after you is a good tradition.”

— M. McConnell
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 12, 2020 08:16AM
Wikipedia has info on Obamagate (Spygate).

Any president who resorts to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories (Obamagate, "Deep State" paranoia) and uses our hard earned tax money to try to substantiate them does not get my vote.
Date: May 12, 2020 08:32AM
S. Pupp
Wikipedia has info on Obamagate (Spygate).

Any president who resorts to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories (Obamagate, "Deep State" paranoia) and uses our hard earned tax money to try to substantiate them does not get my vote.

The levels of projection that the Orange Galactic Embarrassment (love that, Filliam!) and the GOP will resort to, are frankly unbelievable. For him to resort to accusing his predecessor of that which he himself is guilty, and his predecessor completely innocent, again, malignant narcissism at work.

Quote from the article to which I linked, which about summarizes the situation:

"Mr. Trump rarely attends the task force meetings that precede the briefings, and he typically does not prepare before he steps in front of the cameras. He is often seeing the final version of the day’s main talking points that aides have prepared for him for the first time although aides said he makes tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live. He hastily plows through them, usually in a monotone, in order to get to the question-and-answer bullying session with reporters that he relishes.

This would be madness even in the best of times. But it is sheer lunacy to have the country led by an angry shut-in at a time of plague and economic depression. The 25th Amendment is a dead letter; can you imagine a majority of this Cabinet voting to remove him, let alone the supine Republican caucuses in the Congress? But the fact remains that it is precisely this situation for which the 25th was designed. The 25th doesn’t say anything about physical illness or mental instability. It simply refers to a president who is “unable to discharge the duties of his office.”

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 12, 2020 08:49AM
The cabinet and the GOP are like a middle school dance - everybody wants to dance but no one wants to go first. Once someone does, then everyone rushes to join in.

If either group acts decisively, the other will will fall in lockstep

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: May 12, 2020 12:29PM
The charge is that Obama was Presidenting While Black. The rest is obfuscation.
Date: May 12, 2020 01:29PM
PeterB
For him to resort to accusing his predecessor of that which he himself is guilty, and his predecessor completely innocent, again, malignant narcissism at work.

It is the classic Darth Cheney strategy, accuse your opponent of your own worst faults.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 12, 2020 02:13PM
RgrF
Dennis S

Four Senate votes would have turned the government over to Mike Pence, how would anything have been different if Pence were President?

He would blame it all on non-believers. After a group prayer, of course.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 12, 2020 02:56PM
sekker
"You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody."

The crime was for Mr Obama to be born black.

Is there any other answer?

There is no other answer.

We'd have a less racist President if Jesse Helms or Strom Thurmond had the job.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 12, 2020 03:45PM
I can't believe you guys have already forgotten that Obama was listening to Trump via the microwave oven.

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 12, 2020 04:05PM
$tevie
I can't believe you guys have already forgotten that Obama was listening to Trump via the microwave oven.

I am corrected. Dambit.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 12, 2020 05:45PM
deckeda
“You had your shot. You were there for eight years, I think the tradition that the Bushes set up of not critiquing the president who comes after you is a good tradition.”

— M. McConnell

[www.nytimes.com]

WASHINGTON — Former President George W. Bush implicitly criticized President Trump on Monday, taking issue with his approach to immigration and the news media, and suggested that any ties between the new president’s team and Russia should be investigated.

In a television interview to promote a new book of his paintings, Mr. Bush indicated that important questions were raised by reported contacts between Russian officials and Mr. Trump’s associates during last year’s election campaign. Mr. Trump forced out his national security adviser for withholding information about a call with Russia’s ambassador.

“I think we all need answers,” Mr. Bush said on the “Today” show on NBC...

Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 12, 2020 08:44PM
Sarcany
deckeda

— M. McConnell

[www.nytimes.com]

WASHINGTON — Former President George W. Bush implicitly criticized President Trump on Monday, taking issue with his approach to immigration and the news media, and suggested that any ties between the new president’s team and Russia should be investigated.

In a television interview to promote a new book of his paintings, Mr. Bush indicated that important questions were raised by reported contacts between Russian officials and Mr. Trump’s associates during last year’s election campaign. Mr. Trump forced out his national security adviser for withholding information about a call with Russia’s ambassador.

“I think we all need answers,” Mr. Bush said on the “Today” show on NBC...

Hmm, immigration, Russia, ... old news. Unless he’s criticizing the pandemic response or the DoJ’s handling of Flynn, none of that would rile McConnell.
Posted by: bfd
Date: May 13, 2020 03:28PM
Speaking of people who should keep their mouths shut…

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018