advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ivanka for VP?
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 16, 2020 08:13PM
nah, didn't see this one in the news (yet), but I was driving and there was no traffic and my mind started drifting.

What if he dumps Pence and puts Ivanka on the ticket? do you think he would get more or fewer votes than he would get with Pence on the ticket?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ivanka for VP?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 16, 2020 08:16PM
Fewer (I would hope.)
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 16, 2020 08:35PM
Needs to be a Natural Born Citizen.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 16, 2020 08:40PM
Filliam H. Muffman

isn't she?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 16, 2020 09:27PM
......just threw up a little bit in the back of my mouth.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 16, 2020 09:31PM
I've been expecting Don Jr & Eric to turn up on the Trumpo administration payroll.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 16, 2020 09:34PM
Filliam H. Muffman

She was born in NY, and while it does sometimes seems like a different country, it isn’t. grinning smiley
Maybe you thought he said Melania?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 16, 2020 10:16PM
A while back I had been thinking of a different scenario, if he loses, and just want to spread the Trump brand a little more and claim some firsts.

After the Nov election, he tells Pence to resign, and nominates Ivanka as the replacement, bribes all of the lame ducks to confirm her, making a Trump the first female VP, and then he resigns making the 45th and 46th presidents Trumps, and Ivanka as the first female president. And then she pardons him, Jared, and everyone else in sight just before Biden is inaugurated.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 16, 2020 10:58PM
GGD
A while back I had been thinking of a different scenario, if he loses, and just want to spread the Trump brand a little more and claim some firsts.

After the Nov election, he tells Pence to resign, and nominates Ivanka as the replacement, bribes all of the lame ducks to confirm her, making a Trump the first female VP, and then he resigns making the 45th and 46th presidents Trumps, and Ivanka as the first female president. And then she pardons him, Jared, and everyone else in sight just before Biden is inaugurated.

smiley-signs006banghead smiley

I hadn't thought of anything quite that convoluted, but I have been worried about what kind of damage Trump would do between the election and inauguration if (hopefully when) he loses.

Posted by: samintx
Date: May 17, 2020 07:38AM
Congress has to approve a war? Kinda?
Posted by: abevilac
Date: May 17, 2020 10:49AM
GGD

Scary thought, but it turns out this would not work as the VP replacement needs to be approved by both houses of Congress. Per Section 2 of the 25th amendment.

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 17, 2020 12:05PM
Might pass in the Senate under McConnell, don't think it would even get to a vote in the House.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 17, 2020 12:59PM
Nice #fakenews plant!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: May 17, 2020 01:25PM
abevilac
GGD

Scary thought, but it turns out this would not work as the VP replacement needs to be approved by both houses of Congress. Per Section 2 of the 25th amendment.

Section 2. Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
[en.wikipedia.org]

If Pence resigns, wouldn't Nancy Pelosi move up one slot in the line of succession?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2020 01:30PM
rgG
Filliam H. Muffman

She was born in NY, and while it does sometimes seems like a different country, it isn’t. grinning smiley
Maybe you thought he said Melania?

Yes, I spaced out and was referencing the wife, not the child.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2020 04:28PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Don makes the same mistake all the time.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 17, 2020 05:27PM
space-time

If Pence resigns, wouldn't Nancy Pelosi move up one slot in the line of succession?

IIRC, the House and Senate vote on a replacement VP - I believe the precedent is that the president puts forth the name of the person he wishes to replace the resigned VP. I'm pretty sure that's what happened when VP Agnew resigned and was replaced by Ford.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 05:28PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 17, 2020 08:23PM
space-time
[If Pence resigns, wouldn't Nancy Pelosi move up one slot in the line of succession?

Under the current interpretation of the 25th Amendment, Pelosi would be second in line from the time Pence resigns until a new VP is confirmed by both houses and sworn in.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: May 17, 2020 09:12PM
Steve G.
Filliam H. Muffman

Don makes the same mistake all the time.

smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 20, 2020 09:38AM

Vanka's got the outfits all ready
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020