Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Is it genetic or upbringing?
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 17, 2020 12:48PM
Nature or nuture, or both?

Eric Trump claims coronavirus is Democratic hoax

In an interview with Fox News’s Jeanine Pirro [he said] "And guess what, after November 3, coronavirus will magically, all of a sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen.”

Seriously, has he just heard this so many times from daddy that he believes it, or is this a sign of some hard-wired propensity toward magical thinking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 03:39PM by pdq.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is it genetic or upbringing?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 17, 2020 12:58PM
He's just parroting.

He's got the brainpower of a goldfish.

Posted by: samintx
Date: May 17, 2020 12:58PM
He may not believe it but for daddy’s sake he mouths it.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 17, 2020 01:02PM
pdq
Nature or nature, or both?

In an interview with Fox News’s Jeanine Pirro [he said] "And guess what, after November 3, coronavirus will magically, all of a sudden, go away and disappear and everybody will be able to reopen.”

Seriously, has he just heard this so many times from daddy that he believes it, or is this a sign of some hard-wired propensity toward magical thinking?

Stupid is as stupid does.

I really don't understand this description of the virus as a "hoax". When pressed, Trump and company claim that it's not that he's referred to the virus as a hoax, rather the Democratic response to the virus is a "hoax". (Even that makes no sense... apparently these characters do not know what an actual hoax is...)

Regardless, for a "hoax", or whatever you mean by that, it has killed an awful lot of people...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 17, 2020 01:11PM
I mean, it's Eric. smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 17, 2020 01:15PM
Repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. He’s just trying to keep their voting base paranoid about the fictional far-left liberal Deep State.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: May 17, 2020 01:30PM
Sarcany

Couldn’t that be said for the whole lot of them?

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2020 02:18PM
These people count on supporters not actually paying attention long enough to question them. Yesterday I spoke to an old friend who voted for Trump but does not follow politics. So there you go.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2020 05:00PM
I'm surprised he hasn't shot himself or his dumber brother while out on their pre-paid 'hunting trips'.

The Biden campaign issued a response on Sunday afternoon attributed to Kate Bedingfield, the deputy campaign manager and communications director:

"We’re in the middle of the biggest public health emergency in a century, with almost 90,000 Americans dead, 1.5 million infected, and 36 million workers newly jobless, so for Eric Trump to claim that the coronavirus is a political hoax that will ‘magically’ disappear is absolutely stunning and unbelievably reckless. The simple fact is that President Trump ignored the threat of the coronavirus for months and has mishandled the response at every step since — destroying the strong economy he inherited from the Obama-Biden administrations and leading to countless unnecessary deaths. Trump’s campaign knows he can’t run on that dismal record so they’re desperate to do whatever they can to throw up a smokescreen to try to conceal his historic mismanagement of this crisis."
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 17, 2020 05:28PM
Sarcany

Does an unprovoked attack upon and slur aimed at goldfish constitute a hate crime, they are after all a minority.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 17, 2020 05:53PM
Sarcany
He's just parroting.

And he's considered the smarter of the two brothers.
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 17, 2020 06:16PM
pdq
Nature or nuture, or both?

If the Democrats can cause all the dead to rise up again on November 3, then the Messiah will have truly come.
Date: May 17, 2020 06:38PM
On behalf of goldfish everywhere, I would like to file a formal protest. Eric has nowhere near the intelligence of a goldfish, it's more along the lines of a sea slug.

Posted by: neophyte
Date: May 17, 2020 06:58PM
PeterB
On behalf of goldfish everywhere, I would like to file a formal protest. Eric has nowhere near the intelligence of a goldfish, it's more along the lines of a sea slug.

Nope, sorry. Sea slug brains are well studied and serve as a model for understanding neuronal pathway integrations. The functioning of Eric's brain does not fit this model at all. Rather, his fits the model of a jumble of pure reflex-mediated neuronal interactions, with no memory capabilities. I'd guess it's an inherited, genetic trait.
Date: May 17, 2020 07:46PM
neophyte
PeterB

Nope, sorry. Sea slug brains are well studied and serve as a model for understanding neuronal pathway integrations. The functioning of Eric's brain does not fit this model at all. Rather, his fits the model of a jumble of pure reflex-mediated neuronal interactions, with no memory capabilities. I'd guess it's an inherited, genetic trait.

I know all about sea slug brains. grinning smiley ... I was thinking perhaps more along the lines of sea cucumbers/echinoderms (commonly referred to as "sea slugs", even though they aren't), rather than something like Aplysia. Or if we want to go lower down, how about Hydra. wink smiley

Date: May 17, 2020 08:17PM
PeterB
Or if we want to go lower down, how about Hydra. wink smiley

Hydras are significantly more complex organisms than Eric Drumpf, and they are far more valuable to society.

They contribute to research on various cancers as well as Huntington's, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2020 08:34PM
How about a virus?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: May 17, 2020 08:44PM
Speedy
How about a virus?

Pestilences are more reputable than any Drumpf.

Date: May 17, 2020 09:26PM
Sarcany
PeterB
Or if we want to go lower down, how about Hydra. wink smiley

Hydras are significantly more complex organisms than Eric Drumpf, and they are far more valuable to society.

They contribute to research on various cancers as well as Huntington's, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.

OK, fine, I wasn't going to go there, but how about sponges? They don't have a nervous system, just multifunctional cells. grinning smiley

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 17, 2020 09:34PM
Sponges are used to clean up messes, not create them.
Date: May 17, 2020 09:38PM
PeterB
OK, fine, I wasn't going to go there, but how about sponges? They don't have a nervous system, just multifunctional cells. grinning smiley

Sponges are very beneficial. They filter ocean water and protect coral reefs. They clean up animal waste and pollution, bring nutrients to the reefs, and by supporting the reefs they protect us from storms and the rising oceans.

Kind of the opposite of a Drumpf.

Date: May 17, 2020 09:42PM
You guys are killing me. OK, how about mycoplasma then? No nervous system, and typically parasitic and a major pest if you're trying to do cell culture. grinning smiley

Date: May 17, 2020 09:49PM
PeterB
You guys are killing me. OK, how about mycoplasma then? No nervous system, and typically parasitic and a major pest if you're trying to do cell culture. grinning smiley

Are we ignoring saprotrophs?

Yeah, I think you might have nailed it. He's got a shockingly strong resemblance to ureaplasma.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2020 11:03PM
Saprotrophs... are you saying 45's family is the fungus amongus?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 17, 2020 11:22PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Saprotrophs... are you saying 45's family is the fungus amongus?

Not at all. Fungus makes important ecological contributions.

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: May 18, 2020 09:19AM
You parrot your boss if you want to keep your job...how hard is that to understand?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 371
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018