advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Covid-19 waves in Iran
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 17, 2020 01:22PM
It looked they slowed the growth the first time, then got a huge spike. Then it got better again, now another spike. My friend from Iran said this is because they just reopened everything. I expect new waves here in US.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Covid-19 waves in Iran
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 17, 2020 02:46PM
Everyone knows reopening will create a spike in cases and deaths.

The problem is not everyone cares.

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 17, 2020 04:55PM
AllGold

Some of it is just burnout on the news. Some of it is that the news isn't covering it as much. Some of it is that several states have stopped reporting cases.

Over the past couple of weeks as states eased restrictions, deaths have been mounting at higher and higher rates in those states. Not seeing headlines about that.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2020 05:02PM
Another thing aside from religious fanatics, oil and moronic politics that Iran has in common with Texas!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 17, 2020 05:39PM
Steve G.
Another thing aside from religious fanatics, oil and moronic politics that Iran has in common with Texas!
thumbs up

Posted by: samintx
Date: May 17, 2020 06:04PM
Steve G.

I had on the news today TX is spiking..and you have seen the demonstrations...and now legally opened up many places. But I’m hearing restaurants are not abiding by numbers rules.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 17, 2020 06:20PM
Sarcany
AllGold

Some of it is just burnout on the news. Some of it is that the news isn't covering it as much. Some of it is that several states have stopped reporting cases.

Over the past couple of weeks as states eased restrictions, deaths have been mounting at higher and higher rates in those states. Not seeing headlines about that.

Add to your list: the five-second attention span of the average American. Also that people don't want to hear bad news over and over ... it's not just burnout, it's an inability to face up to facts, and that facts are not always pleasant or what you want to hear.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: hal
Date: May 17, 2020 07:46PM
PeterB
Sarcany
AllGold

Add to your list: the five-second attention span of the average American. Also that people don't want to hear bad news over and over ... it's not just burnout, it's an inability to face up to facts, and that facts are not always pleasant or what you want to hear.

all that plus a 'I should have to deal with this' attitude... 'enough is enough' is the impression I'm getting from a lot of people. And no, that isn't 'science based'.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 18, 2020 07:23PM
The big babies protesting lockdowns in this country could have never lived through WWII. Let's not even get into how they could have been drafted and sent overseas to fight and maybe die: I'm sure they think they would have been heroes one and all with their big ol' guns. BUT how about the rationing and the shortages and the air raid drills and the metal drives and the paper drives, and all the other tyrannies that happened because the nation was trying to overcome adversity?

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2020 11:23PM
$tevie
The big babies protesting lockdowns in this country could have never lived through WWII. Let's not even get into how they could have been drafted and sent overseas to fight and maybe die: I'm sure they think they would have been heroes one and all with their big ol' guns. BUT how about the rationing and the shortages and the air raid drills and the metal drives and the paper drives, and all the other tyrannies that happened because the nation was trying to overcome adversity?

They are Trumpers. The governors are Democrats, by and large, save for Gov. DeWine of Ohio.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018