advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Re: Why are you wearing a mask in public?
Posted by: August West
Date: May 20, 2020 01:57AM
Sam3
Bernie, why don't YOU take your own advice and stop living in FEAR??
Bernie
Packing heat when you travel and work shift work is just good sense.

Actually, no. It's not good sense, it's fear. I have worked shift work many years, leaving work at midnight. I am now coming in to work at 4AM. I don't have a permit, I don't carry, I don't own a handgun. I'm not afraid to go to work, therefore why should I carry? I've traveled fairly often. For what it's worth, I like going to the range and shoot. I'm actually fairly competent and accurate. I learned in Scout camp.

This was my first take, too., the complete lack of self-awareness. Some one claims to "choose to live," but cannot see that they are wrapped in a blanket of fear and are unable to comprehend the basic natures of social interactions. I too have done shift work, lived in higher crime areas, and, yet, lived a life without concealed carry, and also without wrapping myself in a blanket of fear. I think that's good sense.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 02:04AM by August West.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 20, 2020 04:13AM

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 20, 2020 05:08AM
Bernie,

Wearing a mask isn't anything remotely like carrying a gun. It's comparing apples to an entirely different species of living organism, let alone another fruit. Rather, the person who says “Sorta like carrying a gun?” is a great example of the problem. It’s a demonstration of how people don’t think they have any role in taking reasonable safety precautions to help stop the pandemic.

Robert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 06:10PM by Robert M.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 20, 2020 06:37AM
You should wear a mask even if you don't need one, sort of like washing your hands when you go to the bathroom even if you didn't pee on them.

It's a good thing to do for your health and the health of those you come in contact with because you've still got germs on your hands. It's something that a moral person does out of respect for others and for him/herself. It's something that health professionals universally recommend. Your mother would likely insist on it.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 20, 2020 07:00AM
[thebulwark.com]

If you want to end the lockdown immediately, then you will want to take any nominal precautions that will allow reopening as quickly as possible. Wearing a mask is a low-cost, high-benefit way to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, and hence make it possible to ease restrictions while lowering the chances of another outbreak.

There are only two possible explanations for why this might be [that lockdowns are ending.] The first is that people are dumber than a bag of hammers.

The second is that when people tell you what they think about “reopening” and “masks,” they aren’t actually talking about the coronavirus. They’re telling a story about how they see themselves and their place in the world.

Bernie’s NOT dumb, he just enjoys the luxury of telling you about himself, and of why you therefore don’t matter. This is why people like him can’t bring themselves to state their indifference about you, and instead fill in the lack of rational, companioned social thought with recitations of the glories of “personal freedom” and hey, doesn’t everyone want personal freedom? What could be more Amurican than the freedom to not care about the economy and human wellbeing, after all? Really, who cares about anything, except themselves? The purity of it all offers the cleansing salve do desperately needed.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 20, 2020 01:16PM
Bernie,

One last thing you need to take into consideration. The number of cases just within my county - not the entire state of NY - just my county alone, is greater than all of Virginia. Just think about that before you dismiss concerns and fears of the virus.

Robert
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 21, 2020 04:56PM
I don't think Bernie gives a tiny rat's arse about anybody but himself. It's like talking to a very self-centered wall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018