advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
We have returned from my wife’s study-abroad semester
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 19, 2020 10:48AM
But we are still enrolled in the STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program) warnings for Guatemala. Below is our latest STEP advisory. The armed Tea Partiers would have a fit if this was tried here but Guatemala doesn’t have nearly the healthcare system we have so the measures are tougher. Also, the president of Guatemala is a real medical doctor, he doesn’t just play one on TV like in the USA.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: We have returned from my wife’s study-abroad semester
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 19, 2020 10:57AM
Welcome home ! Be safe and healthy. Note that there are a LOT of other 'viruses' going around... we've had three of them run through the household, but based on testing of one family member who talked his way into getting tested, we've not seen COVID-19.

Still can't get tested unless we're actively sick as hell with many of the symptoms.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2020 11:27AM
.....many guys in this forum love to study......a.....broad (and/or a dame)......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 19, 2020 11:43AM
In Mexico, the supermarket where we shopped required customers to wear masks, sprayed the cart they gave us with disinfectant right in front of us, taking special care to disinfect the push bar, and had hand sanitizer available throughout the store. Our local supermarket near home does none of those things. Even in red-state Texas the stores we shopped at did better than our grocery in Minnesota.

(We spent a month and a half in a Mexico City waiting for nice weather to arrive in Minnesota after the Guatemala program got cancelled and was moved online.)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 11:44AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 19, 2020 01:33PM
Welcome back, Speedy.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018