advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump’s letter to WHO full of large holes
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 19, 2020 11:51AM
China is taking over. The letter given to WHO members (cheeto didnt attend) and the lies, wrong facts now belong to the world banghead smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump’s letter to WHO full of large holes
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 19, 2020 12:05PM
I think, honestly, we will look back and say this is when the world began to look toward China for world leadership instead of the United States. Trump, as usual, just wanted to bully and blame, but didn’t even have the balls to do so himself, sending a flunky; China apologizes, and pledges $2 billion to the WHO, including an investigation of the origin of the Covid pandemic.

One country comes off as small and petty; the other as taking responsibility and pitching in.

We’re watching history being made, and I fear that historians won’t be kind to us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 12:08PM by pdq.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2020 12:08PM
....are you smarter than a 3rd grader......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 19, 2020 12:27PM
Here’s one such hole:

In a letter Monday to the director-general of WHO, Trump said that his administration's review of WHO's response to the outbreak found that the organization ignored "credible reports of the virus spreading in Wuhan in early December 2019 or even earlier, including reports from the Lancet medical journal."
...The Lancet, however, said Tuesday "this statement is factually incorrect" and that it "published no report in December, 2019, referring to a virus or outbreak in Wuhan or anywhere else in China.

Oopsies.

To be fair, though, the Lancet (the premier British medical journal, equivalent to JAMA or the NEJM in the States) has editorially called for us to elect someone else in November, so it is therefore fake news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 12:28PM by pdq.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2020 12:38PM
....well....he is a ****sshole.....so.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 19, 2020 12:47PM
If there are holes in it, then it obviously wrote off the top of his head.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 19, 2020 12:56PM
We already know they vet no one and no information, capitalizing on the need for supporters to never question anything so abstract as this.

But thanks for opening up the restaurants and barbers I won't be going to, Mr. president. You obviously "won."
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 19, 2020 01:06PM
Trump doesn't want the WHO to come up with a vaccine or cure, since Trump and his friends wouldn't make as much money off of it.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 19, 2020 02:45PM
Squirrel!

This is just the beginning of the first few innings of the ‘Blame China’ political strategy.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 19, 2020 10:25PM

“The WHO failed to independently investigate credible reports that conflicted directly with the Chinese government’s official accounts, even those that came from sources within Wuhan itself,” Trump’s letter read.

Okay, so he's justifying cutting off the WHO because they didn't investigate credible reports that conflicted with the Chinese government accounts - which presumably led to a much wider outbreak than if they had investigated such reports. Yet, there are credible reports that there are governors of some states that are providing information that conflicts with credible reports of the virus spreading more widely in their states than they admit. So, applying the same standard to them as he does to the WHO, he should now be going whole hog to investigate those state governments or else be guilty of lack of the kind of oversight that he is so outraged at the WHO about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018