advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
can you get a Covid-19 vaccine if you are Asymphtomatic?
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 19, 2020 10:19PM
for flue vaccine, they always ask if you have a flu, cold, etc.

I am curious what they will do once ad have a Covid-19 vaccine. some people are asympthomatic. I am curios what happens if you get a Covid Vaccine shot in a situation like that.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: can you get a Covid-19 vaccine if you are Asymphtomatic?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 19, 2020 10:42PM
I was under the impression anyone who wanted a flu vaccine could get one.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 19, 2020 10:55PM
space-time
for flue vaccine, they always ask if you have a flu, cold, etc.

I am curious what they will do once ad have a Covid-19 vaccine. some people are asympthomatic. I am curios what happens if you get a Covid Vaccine shot in a situation like that.

If it's a real vaccine and not some snake oil that 45 endorses then we should expect that either it 1. It does nothing to help you over and above your already-functioning immune-response; or 2. it strengthens your immune response by stimulating further antibody production.

...Except that these new RNA vaccines introduce unknowns. In labs, some RNA vaccines have ended up weakening the body's immune response. One reason we need thorough testing is to make sure that doesn't happen in humans.

Also: What happens when the government rushes an otherwise safe vaccine to market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2020 11:02PM by Sarcany.
Date: May 20, 2020 06:16AM
deckeda

They always ask me to fill a form if I feel sick, if I have fever, if I am allergic to eggs, etc.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 20, 2020 06:22AM
space-time
deckeda

They always ask me to fill a form if I feel sick, if I have fever, if I am allergic to eggs, etc.

So who are they vaccinating? Who walks in the door for their annual shot? People who seem sick or people who seem well?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 20, 2020 06:25AM
space-time
deckeda

If you're already ill, you may experience symptoms from your illness that you ascribe to the vaccine. They're covering their asses.

If you're allergic to eggs, you may have a reaction to the vaccine. It's cultured in eggs. They're trying not to kill you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 06:25AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 20, 2020 08:23AM
Good future state question..... Once a vaccine is approved, anyone should be able to get it. Hopefully WORLDWIDE. The basic rules of viral vaccination will apply.... if you are currently sick, don't get the vaccine because it will cause your immune system to turbocharge its reaction and may cause severe illness.

Personal aside... I once got a flu vaccine when I was sick with a non-influenza virus. The post vaccination reaction lasted a heck of a lot longer than the usual 2 days of feeling blah.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 20, 2020 10:29PM
Curious set of questions here. It seems to me that if you have Covid-19 and simultaneously get the vaccination, it won't do much because your system is already ramped up maximally to meet that challenge. You're just getting an immediate, artificial booster to what you already are developing immunity against.

As to who should get the vaccination, the answer is Everyone. That's the point of herd immunity, and it's also the instigator of a condition you would like to have -- that is to say, immunity against a potentially lethal illness. The sooner we can get 80 or 90 percent of the population vaccinated with an effective vaccine, the better.

And in answer to the other discussion, sometimes a vaccination makes you uncomfortable for a day or so, and this being the case, if you are already sick, then why make yourself sicker? Just put off the vaccine for a couple of weeks. And if you have a serious allergy to eggs, then you should avoid a vaccine that has egg antigens in it.

And by the way, because some people have contraindications for getting one or more vaccines, that is a strong reason for the rest of us to become immune and thereby create herd immunity.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 20, 2020 10:33PM
Early to worry about a vaccine we don't have yet, the second wave could prove to be a variant of this strain and could require a whole separate treatment. Still too early to look for definitive answers about the current wave, much less what it might later become.
Date: May 21, 2020 06:34AM
never too early to ask questions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018