advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump to stop hydrocloroquin !
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 21, 2020 08:20AM
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump indicated Wednesday that he will finish his preventative hydroxychloroquine regimen "in a day or two."

"I think it’s two days. Two days," Trump said from the Cabinet Room at the White House.

Trump had announced Monday that he was taking hydroxychloroquine, a drug that he's repeatedly touted as a treatment for coronavirus despite warnings about its effectiveness, as a prophylaxis against the coronavirus.

More:Trump goes with his 'gut,' outside advice on decision to medicate with hydroxychloroquine

More:Which president would you pick to fight coronavirus? Many historians give FDR the nod

Trump, who said he has tested negative for COVID-19, stated Monday he had been taking the drug daily for about a week and a half as an added measure to avoid getting the coronavirus. He said the White House physician "didn't recommend" hydroxychloroquine but offered it to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2020 01:23PM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump to stop ,hydrocloroquin !
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 21, 2020 08:39AM
Hardly work noting, but this is totally nonsensical (from this president? No!).

I would say, generously, that the jury is still out with hydroxychloroquine and Covid - theoretically it might work (many things theoretically might work) but so far there is no good evidence of beneficial effect in practice, and some suggestion of adverse effect.

But even if it was effective, it wouldn’t be a one-and-done, any more than taking statins for a week will cure your heart disease and protect you for all time.

Which is to say, this is more magical thinking on Trump’s part.
Re: Trump to stop hydrocloroquin !
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 21, 2020 02:42PM
If he actually took it in the first place. I think it was just another lie.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 21, 2020 05:25PM
He didn't take sheit, he was just selling his point of view, the sad thing is that the folks he's selling it to don't know it's a sales job - so they just keep buying
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: May 23, 2020 04:05PM
If I were to bet on this, I would bet that he took nothing. All show.

I wonder who is benefiting from the sales of that product?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018