advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another lying, dishonest do nothing politician
Posted by: Mr645
Date: May 24, 2020 07:55AM
"I have a record that’s second to none. The NAACP has endorsed me every time I’ve run." Joe Biden

FACT CHECK

The NAACP has never endorsed Joe Biden, in fact the NAACP has never endorsed Barack Obama either.

In response to Joe Bidens interview on The Breakfast Club, the released the following "“Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP’s endorsement. We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another lying, dishonest do nothing politician
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 24, 2020 08:10AM
So you'd suggest that a vote for Trump would be the answer?
Date: May 24, 2020 08:52AM
At least Trump has a track record of getting things done and not 30+ years with little to show for it. And now that Biden shows his racist views against minorities, who do you choose?

Under Obama/Biden laws were passed to put non violent criminals in jail for long sentences. This kept more blacks in prison than ever. Trump reserved that with his prison reform bill.

Which candidate was given the Ellis Island Medal of Honor award for cultural diversity? Presented by Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali ?
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 24, 2020 09:31AM
Mr645
At least Trump has a track record of getting things done...

Heh. You mean like 5 (or is it six) bankruptcies? Squandering the good will and support of international allies? Denying the very existence of a worldwide viral pandemic, followed by a completely incompetent response, resulting in the deaths of soon-to-be >100,000 Americans, far more than any other country in the world? Taking an annual deficit that had been on a downward trajectory for years, and multiplying it six/seven/eight-fold? You mean that?

Mr645
...now that Biden shows his racist views against minorities, who do you choose?

Nice try. Biden’s prone to silly little gaffes, but racist he ain’t.

Mr645
Under Obama/Biden laws were passed to put non violent criminals in jail for long sentences.

Really?

Huh. That tricky Obama must have had a time machine to get back to 1980. wink smiley Sorry, that was Reagan+Bush+Newt’s deal; Clinton went along with the latter, to his detriment. Funny though, that the prison population topped out and started to decline right around 2008.

Mr645
Which candidate was given the Ellis Island Medal of Honor award for cultural diversity? Presented by Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali ?

Oh, please:

William Fugazy, a politically well-connected businessman who later pleaded guilty to perjury, gave the awards to Trump and 79 other people, most of them white, to protest the awarding of “medals of liberty” to a group of 12 recent immigrants that included a Chinese-born architect, a Costa Rica-born astronaut, a leading expert on the psychology of race, and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, but no “Irish, Italian, or Polish” people.

Fugazy (Italian and white) was Trump’s real estate broker at the time that he formed the group and gave his client an award for reasons that are still not clear.

Step away from the Faux News, my friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2020 09:33AM by pdq.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 24, 2020 09:41AM
Mr645

RollingEyesSmiley5

Can only guess whom you’re parroting above, but you would enhance your credibility if you’d look into such proclamations before you ape them.

“Notable medalists include:”
(and please read the WHOLE list for a proper sense of the true gravitas of this “award”.
One might more easily ask, who hasn’t been given it?)

Arturo Di Modica
Spencer Abraham
Gary Ackerman
Shohreh Aghdashloo
Danny Aiello
Roger Ailes
Muhammad Ali
Madeleine Albright
Shamsi Ali
Michael W. Allen
Goli Ameri
Cyrus Amir-Mokri
Ernie Anastos
Abbas Ardehali
Gjorgjija Atanasoski
Maria Bartiromo
Ajaypal Singh Banga
Yogi Berra
Nicolas Berggruen
Joe Biden
Brian Boitano
Michael Bolton
Matthew Bogdanos
Ernest Borgnine
Peter Boyer
William Bratton
Ian Bremmer
Anita Bryant
Dan Burton
George H. W. Bush
John J. Cali
Keith Carradine
Jimmy Carter
Salvatore Cassano
Bernadette Castro
Sam Chang
Elaine Chao
Dominic Chianese
Randolph Chitwood
Sanjiv Chopra
Mary Higgins Clark
Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
Jerry Colangelo
Claudette Colbert
Natalie Cole
Rita Cosby
Brad Corbett
Reza Dana
Bruce DeMars
Vince DeMentri
Wendy Diamond
Joe DiMaggio
Phil Donahue
Kirk Douglas
Michael Douglas
Tom Dreesen
Olympia Dukakis
Tan Dun
Victor Dzau
Michael Eisner
Emilio Estefan, Jr.
Gloria Estefan
Jamie Farr
Mia Farrow
Michael C. Finnegan
Siegfried Fischbacher
Michael Flatley
Renée Fleming
Gerald Ford
Louis Freeh
Joshua S. Friedman
Valentin Fuster
Paul G. Gaffney II
Bill Gallo
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Bob Gaudio
Hossein Gharib
Kathie Lee Gifford
Rudy Giuliani
Salvatore Giunta
Richard Greco, Jr.
Vartan Gregorian
Peter Gruss
Sudhir K. Gupta
Alex Haley
Adil Haider
George Hamilton
Helen Hayes
David A. Hirsch
Yumi Hogan
Evander Holyfield
Bob Hope
Roy Horn
Lee Iacocca
Mike Ilitch
Roy Innis
Daniel Inouye
Rahul M. Jindal
Quincy Jones
Casey Kasem
Declan Kelly
Olga Kern
Jeong H. Kim
Coretta Scott King
Henry Kissinger
Gerda Weissmann Klein
Padma Lakshmi
Ralph J. Lamberti
Stewart F. Lane
Tommy Lasorda
Denis Leary
Jerry Lewis
Robert Loggia
Susan Lucci
Howard Lutnick
Oren Lyons
Nigel Lythgoe
Steven Mandis
Jamie Masada
Danny Masterson
John McCain
Linda McCartney
Douglas Walter McCormick
Bonnie McElveen-Hunter
John McEnroe
Gail J. McGovern
Jim McGreevey
John Mica
Alan B. Miller
Hamid Moghadam
Rita Moreno
Angelo Mozilo
John F. Mulholland, Jr.
Jacques Nasser
Robert J. Natter
Younes Nazarian
Wayne Newton
Richard Nixon
Ronald Noble
Michael Novak
Denis O'Brien
Sandra Day O'Connor
John O'Hurley
James P. O'Neill
Raymond T. Odierno
Edward James Olmos
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Tony Orlando
Mehmet Oz
Fatih Ozmen
Arnold Palmer
Lou Papan
Rosa Parks
Gregory Peck
Carl Peterson
Vanda Pignato
James Henry Quello
Fahim Rahim
Naeem Rahim
Charles Rangel
Sally Jessy Raphael
Ronald Reagan
L. Rafael Reif
Janet Reno
Mary Lou Retton
Chita Rivera
Mariano Rivera
Doris Roberts
Peter Romary
Ginni Rometty
Harut Sassounian
Telly Savalas
Diane Sawyer
Adam Schiff
Eric Schmidt
Martin Scorsese
Rosanna Scotto
Tamer Seckin
Jane Seymour
Brooke Shields
Don Shula
William E. Simon
Paul Simon
Frank Sinatra
Fauja Singh
Gary Sinise
Paul Sorvino
Alex Spanos
Robert F. Spetzler
George Steinbrenner
Jerry Stiller
Bert Sugar
Elie Tahari
Will Tanous
Marlo Thomas
Joe Torre
Arthur Tracy
Donald Trump
George Uribe
Dennis Vacco
Frankie Valli
Dick Vermeil
Meredith Vieira
Bobby Vinton
Mike Wallace
Eli Wallach
Barbara Walters
Dionne Warwick
Donald E. Washkewicz
Ruth Westheimer
Elie Wiesel
Andy Williams
Aldona Wos
Chien-Shiung Wu
Malala Yousafzai
Tim Zagat
Louis Zamperini
Philip Zepter
Date: May 24, 2020 09:43AM

I haven't.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 24, 2020 09:51AM
RgrF

I haven't.

Patience.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: May 24, 2020 09:52AM
Also, those first-year awards weren’t “presented by” Rosa Parks and Muhammed Ali; they were recipients. Fugazy was pissed because Reagan was giving medals to folks that weren’t born here (which made sense, since they were all “naturalized” citizens):

In 1986, as preparations began for the centennial of the Statue of Liberty, a civic committee selected a group of 12 naturalized citizens to receive “medals of liberty” from President Ronald Reagan.

... Fugazy, then Trump’s real estate broker and head of the Coalition of Italo-American Associations, was angry that there were no native-born citizens among the 12 liberty medal winners (which was inevitable, since the award was for naturalized citizens) and that the list excluded certain ethnicities, “like the Irish, Italians and Poles.”

A good rule to follow is to fact-check these little sound-bites from Trump fans - they’re usually BS.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 24, 2020 10:38AM
Let the Lie Race begin:

Biden 1
Trump 18,000+
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 24, 2020 11:39AM
RgrF

I haven't.

You can borrow mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2020 11:39AM by Acer.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 24, 2020 12:01PM
Mr645
At least Trump has a track record of getting things done

100,000 dead and counting, no end in sight. Bravo, sir.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 24, 2020 12:04PM
Anyone proclaiming Biden as racist while offering up Trump as the better alternative likely feels just as random about any number of ideological things not based in verifiable reality.

Anyone can blurt out an opinion. Go right ahead! But if you can’t or won’t mount anything resembling a coherent defense of your claim, that’s a hint your position is worthless.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 24, 2020 12:36PM
Sleepy Joe has a legion of faults and issues, but depending on the exact topic/category the list is typically 10 to 50 times smaller than the Orange Galactic Embarrassment.

Nobody should be putting up 45 as an example for anything, if only because there are currently thousands of entries in the Reddits r/TrumpCriticizesTrump, '[Pumpkin Dotard] versus [Tangerine Tito]', etc., where he has argued both sides of a topic.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 24, 2020 12:38PM
Dennis S
Let the Lie Race begin:

Biden 1
Trump 18,000+

smiley-laughing001

... it's also worth pointing out, it's not just what someone says, but what they DO (their actions) that count. Biden has made, and will continue to make, tons of gaffes ... no question about that. But these do not compare in any way whatsoever to Trump's gaffes (if you want to call them that!) ... and also if you look at Biden's record versus Trump's, on the issue of civil rights, pushing forward things that benefit minorities ... no comparison there either.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 24, 2020 01:48PM
Mr645
At least Trump has a track record of getting things done and not 30+ years with little to show for it. And now that Biden shows his racist views against minorities, who do you choose?

Under Obama/Biden laws were passed to put non violent criminals in jail for long sentences. This kept more blacks in prison than ever. Trump reserved that with his prison reform bill.

I find these sentences wildly interesting. They are clearly dog-whistle stories to test followers, as they do not pass ANY level of scrutiny of fact. And yet, they spread like a bad coronavirus during a political rally.
Date: May 24, 2020 01:51PM
They're going to believe what they want to believe, facts are pretty much irrelevant.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 24, 2020 02:06PM
and talking about illegal immigration...

Posted by: bfd
Date: May 24, 2020 02:51PM
Mr645

FACT CHECK

Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 24, 2020 03:54PM
Mr645

I hear this a lot. Other than signing a spate of executive orders to roll back regulations (which we can debate whether those benefited the people of the United States later), please tell me what he gotten done as president.

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 24, 2020 04:05PM
AllGold
Mr645

I hear this a lot. Other than signing a spate of executive orders to roll back regulations (which we can debate whether those benefited the people of the United States later), please tell me what he gotten done as president.

He has literally done nothing unless you count tearing other administrations' accomplishments apart while surfriding on Obama's economy. None of them will detail his accomplishments.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 24, 2020 04:23PM
AllGold
Mr645

I addition to rolling back emissions standards in order to help big business and the coal burning industry to the detriment of our health, he has:
- given white supremacists an informal stamp of approval
- given the gun lobby support, by advising gun owners to rise up against their state governments
- created new heights of paranoia for his supporters (against brown people, any detractors, any media outlets who don’t support him without question)
- reduced overpopulation by cleverly manipulating the COVID-19 issue
- reduced the checks and balances of our government to increase his own power
- alienated us from the rest of the world

He has indeed had a greater impact on out nation in his four years than many other presidents.
However, “getting things done” and “benefitting” are two different things.
In my opinion, an orange bowling ball as president might have accomplished less, but would have been far less damaging to our country.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: May 24, 2020 05:55PM
"Another lying, dishonest do nothing politician posting"

FTFY
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 24, 2020 06:08PM
S. Pupp
AllGold
Mr645

I addition to rolling back emissions standards in order to help big business and the coal burning industry to the detriment of our health, he has:
- given white supremacists an informal stamp of approval
- given the gun lobby support, by advising gun owners to rise up against their state governments
- created new heights of paranoia for his supporters (against brown people, any detractors, any media outlets who don’t support him without question)
- reduced overpopulation by cleverly manipulating the COVID-19 issue
- reduced the checks and balances of our government to increase his own power
- alienated us from the rest of the world

He has indeed had a greater impact on out nation in his four years than many other presidents.
However, “getting things done” and “benefitting” are two different things.
In my opinion, an orange bowling ball as president might have accomplished less, but would have been far less damaging to our country.

If you value gun rights, white grievances, more money in the pocketbooks of the wealthy and appointment of judges who favor economic and social conservative causes, then you probably see his presidency as being successful. Trump has done those things or gaslighted those who value those things into thinking he has benefited them. There's a very stark struggle of values happening now.
Date: May 24, 2020 08:35PM
He has dismantled whatever working legal immigration system we had, while alienating an entire portion of our population.

For many, that would be considered a success.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 24, 2020 08:40PM
Mr645
"I have a record that’s second to none. The NAACP has endorsed me every time I’ve run." Joe Biden

FACT CHECK

The NAACP has never endorsed Joe Biden, in fact the NAACP has never endorsed Barack Obama either.

In response to Joe Bidens interview on The Breakfast Club, the released the following "“Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP’s endorsement. We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level."

And you're surprised by this how?
Date: May 24, 2020 11:29PM
The biggest of Trump's "accomplishments" is a large tax cut for the ultra wealthy and corporations and a massive increase in the deficit.

I saw a FB post which itemized everything Trump has "accomplished". What I thought was amusing is one was "2019 retail sales highest ever". As if Trump was personally responsible for boosting retail sales to a new record.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 25, 2020 02:12AM
What’s scary that me is that anyone here (even if they’re conservative/Republican) is a Trump supporter.
Date: May 25, 2020 03:26AM
Carnos Jax
What’s scary that me is that anyone here (even if they’re conservative/Republican) is a Trump supporter.

It's the politics of hate. A southern GOP regional chair was recently quoted; the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat almost exactly the same language Dixicrats used when talking about Republicans a while back.
Date: May 25, 2020 08:21AM
RgrF
It's the politics of hate. A southern GOP regional chair was recently quoted; the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat almost exactly the same language Dixicrats used when talking about Republicans a while back.

“Comanche Chief Tosawi reputedly told [General Philip] Sheridan in 1869, ‘Tosawi, good Indian,’ to which Sheridan supposedly replied, ‘The only good Indians I ever saw were dead.’”
"Lieutenant Charles Nordstrom, who was present, remembered the words and passed them on, until in time they were honed into an American aphorism: The only good Indian is a dead Indian.“
Date: May 25, 2020 09:54AM
Trump, yea, had 5 or 6 bankruptcies. Out of over 500 businesses. That's a really solid track record in anyones book, except for liberals who always concentrate on anything negative.

Biden a racist? [www.snopes.com]
He says he does ton want his kids growing up in a racial jungle.

Got to be really stupid to blame 100,000 COVID fatalities on Trump. And how come democrats states, like New York have 29,000 fatalities out of 19 million people and republican states, like Florida 2200 out of 21 millions people? But sure, Cuomo did great, only 29,000 people died.
Trump acted aggressively, shutting down travel from China and Europe even as Democrats called thee move "premature" and "Racist"

Trump disavowed White Supremacists and violent groups. Just that Fake media edited out the beginning of that sentence to only include "Good people on both sides" The first part was "Obviously not to include White supremacists and those looking to incite violence"

Under Trump, legal immigration continues at the highest rate ever while illegal immigration is down 80%. These are actions that Obama and Clinton all promised but never delivered on.

Look at the facts and see the "Do Nothing Democrats" Already 2 congressional seats and 4 governors elections have flipped from democrat to republican this year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 06:30AM by Mr645.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 25, 2020 11:52AM
Mr645

Interesting how Republicans are suddenly advocates of the desegregation bussing that Biden opposed.
Date: May 25, 2020 02:48PM
Mr645
Trump, yea, had 5 or 6 bankruptcies. Out of over 500 businesses. That's a really solid track record in anyones book, except for liberals who always concentrate on anything negative.

Got to be really stupid to blame 100,000 COVID fatalities on Trump. And how come democrats states, like New York have 29,000 fatalities out of 19 million people and republican states, like Florida 2200 out of 21 millions people? But sure, Cuomo did great, only 29,000 people died.
Trump acted aggressively, shutting down travel from China and Europe even as Democrats called thee move "premature" and "Racist"

Trump disavowed White Supremacists and violet groups. Just that Fake media edited out the beginning of that sentence to only include "Good people on both sides" The first part was "Obviously not to include White supremacists and those looking to incite violence"

Under Trump, leal immigration continues at the highest rate ever while illegal immigration is down 80%. These are actions that Obama and Clinton all promised but never delivered on.

Look at the facts and see the "Do Nothing Democrats" Already 2 congressional seats and 4 governors elections have flipped from democrat to republican this year

So you have leal [sic, I assume you mean illegal] immigration (for which you don't cite numbers).

Anything else Trump has accomplished?

Date: May 25, 2020 04:06PM
I am not comfortable with Biden's past. He was on the wrong side of busing and he has spoken fondly about some of the worst racists in Congress.

Everything else is categorically wrong or deliberately misleading.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 25, 2020 07:54PM
I don't believe that anyone on our forum is hateful.
Date: May 25, 2020 09:50PM
To expand on my previous post, except for the Biden comments I could probably write more than this about every sentence in your last post.

Got to be really stupid to blame 100,000 COVID fatalities on Trump.

Please research for yourself to see who was the first to mention what would be labeled SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 on the forum*. The Orange Galactic Embarrassment could have instituted the ban on travelers from China on the day of my first post (later that day the CDC announced enhanced screening), but he was too involved with working out reducing the horrible impacts of his ill advised Chinese tariffs, and tweeting lies about the impeachment. Even after he announced the ban on travel from China over two weeks later, during the four weeks after the ban over 400,000 people made their way into the country from being in China. Some of these people were responsible for the severity of the outbreak in New York.

I don't blame him for all 100,000 of the deaths (so far), but respected national and international news sites seem to agree...
npr.org - U.S. Could Have Saved 36,000 Lives If Social Distancing Started 1 Week Earlier: Study
nytimes.com - Lockdown Delays Cost at Least 36,000 Lives, Data Show
bbc.com - Earlier coronavirus lockdown 'could have saved 36,000 lives'

* hint: pretty sure it was me. I had a post half typed up on January 2nd, but deleted it because I thought people would say I was overly alarmist.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 26, 2020 12:22AM
Over 400k? That’s what Axios says:

“The big picture: At least 430,000 people have flown to the U.S. from China since Dec. 31, when China first informed the World Health Organization about cases of novel coronavirus in Wuhan, the Times reports.

Most passengers arrived in January at airports in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Newark, Chicago and Detroit.
"Thousands of them flew directly from Wuhan," the original epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, per the NYT.
Go deeper... Timeline: The early days of China's coronavirus outbreak and cover-up”

NYC should have shutdown mass transit and didn’t and thousands and thousands died as a result. This is on the state’s Democrats.

Most of the N.Y. cases originated as a result of people coming from Europe, not those from China. That is on Pres. Trump.

Date: May 26, 2020 02:34AM
“Trump disavowed White Supremacists and violet groups. Just that Fake media edited out the beginning of that sentence to only include "Good people on both sides" The first part was "Obviously not to include White supremacists and those looking to incite violence"

Well, the first part was in his prepared-by-others remarks. The “Goood people on both sides,” was the only part of Pres. Trump’s remarks that were his. In the video you can see how his guts were twisting (metaphorically) when he had to read the prepared remarks. He was bursting to say his own thoughts and did so. There is no defense of what he said. None.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 02:34AM by Speedy.
Date: May 26, 2020 11:03AM
Mr645

confused smiley

There, umm, haven’t been any gubernatorial elections (yet) this year.

If you’re including last year, there were three, all in “red” states, with two Dem wins, resulting in a net gain of 1 Dem.
Date: May 26, 2020 05:40PM
This statement is so amazing to me. 'Mr645
Trump, yea, had 5 or 6 bankruptcies. Out of over 500 businesses. That's a really solid track record in anyones book, except for liberals who always concentrate on anything negative.'

You are missing the point that one of them was so bad, he was able to exploit it to pay no taxes on the rest of his business profits for 20 years.

By comparison, Mr Branson's first bankruptcy of his career was a Virgin airlines arm this year due to COVID.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 26, 2020 08:20PM
sekker
This statement is so amazing to me. 'Mr645
Trump, yea, had 5 or 6 bankruptcies. Out of over 500 businesses...

Waaay more than 500. Shell companies within shell companies within shell companies.

Incidentally, it's a great way to launder money with the Russian mafia. Just... you know, if domestic banks consider you too much of a risk to loan you any money after all of the times you defaulted and they had to bail you out just to get a little cash back from your failed ventures.

Date: May 28, 2020 06:48AM
Wow, the TDS is strong here.
Date: May 28, 2020 08:33AM
Mr645
Wow, the TDS is strong here.

Working towards earning your Trolling badge are you? thumbs down
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018