advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Journalism 101
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 24, 2020 07:58PM
I recently found that I have a Twitter account. Something I probably did a year or two ago and promptly forgot about. So now I check in on the feed from time to time and today found this gem.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Journalism 101
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 24, 2020 08:47PM
Yeah Twitter for me was rapidly a cesspool of uninvited “followers” and more ... back around 2009.

Ya sayin’ it’s no better today, some10 years later? Do tell.
Re: Journalism 101
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 24, 2020 10:14PM
Chanel Rion of OAN. Let’s roll the tape.

She’s actually there only at the invitation of Trump and crew. The press association removed her from the briefing rotation because she refused to comply with the press corps social distancing rules.

So now the White House grants her access and she stands, literally, at the back of the room, lobbing softball and coordinated questions to the podium.

Trump fawns over her lavishly, and they’ve become so blatant with their patty cake, BFF act that towards the end of a recent briefing Chanel lobbed a fat, slow one to press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and McEnany ‘spontaneously’ responded with a prepared slide presentation.

She then abruptly ended abruptly and beat it out of the room so she could have the last word. The clip linked in the OP’s post is the beginning of that little dance.

Courtland Sykes, her fiancé, is a political wannabe cut straight from the Trump cloth. A 2017 St. Louis Post Dispatch piece on him quotes him thusly, ”... Sykes responded to the question: “Do you favor women’s rights?”

“Chanel (Rion), my fiancee, has given me orders to favor these rights, so I’d better,” he said. “But Chanel knows that my obedience comes with a small price that she loves to pay anyway — I want to come home to a home-cooked dinner at six every night, one that she fixes.

“It’s exactly the kind of family dinner that I expect one day my future daughters will learn to make after they too become traditional homemakers and family wives — think Norman Rockwell here — and Gloria Steinham (sic) be damned.”“

If there’s even a scintilla of truth in a recent Daily Mail (caveat emptor x 2) background piece on Rion, it explains a whole lot, from pedigree to motivation.

She also fancies herself an illustrator. A couple of examples from her web site.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2020 10:31PM by Blankity Blank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018