advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump threatens to move GOP convention over North Carolina's coronavirus restrictions
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 25, 2020 09:09AM
Trump threatens to move GOP convention over North Carolina's coronavirus restrictions

I hear there's space available in Moscow and the landlord doesn't charge much.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump threatens to move GOP convention over North Carolina's coronavirus restrictions
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: May 25, 2020 10:06AM
Let's see. Which Trump hotels are not making their room-night projections for this year?
Re: Trump threatens to move GOP convention over North Carolina's coronavirus restrictions
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 25, 2020 12:06PM
Maybe they should look into having it on a cruise ship instead, when it's over they can try to find a state/country that will allow them to dock.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 25, 2020 12:52PM
GGD
Maybe they should look into having it on a cruise ship instead, when it's over they can try to find a state/country that will allow them to dock.

goodone
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 25, 2020 01:49PM
He's threatening to move it to Texas or Florida.

I think it's perfectly appropriate for this nation's republican leaders to travel and gather together for several days indoors with their donors/lobbyists in a place with few/no COVID-19 restrictions, like Texas.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 25, 2020 04:39PM
Yes, find an extra large arena or indoor stadium. Then pack the MAGAts in. Lots of cheering and screaming, stir, then wait two weeks.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 25, 2020 07:29PM
"It's my party and I'll die if I want to."
-your average Trumper
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 26, 2020 01:23PM
Ted King
GGD

goodone

Someone's been reading this thread....

"Column: Trump should pull GOP convention from North Carolina, put in on cruise ships off the coast of Mar-a-Lago"

[www.chicagotribune.com]

So I have a perfect idea. Give North Carolina a patriotic one-finger salute, drive the GOP National Convention down the east coast of Florida, take a left at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago beach resort and keep going about 10 miles out into the Atlantic Ocean. There you will find several Carnival cruise ships tied together with Freedom Rope, ready to host thousands of eager Republicans.

Those of you who lack foresight are probably asking, “Why would the GOP want to hold its convention on conjoined cruise ships off the coast of Florida during peak hurricane season rather than just working with North Carolina health officials to provide a safe, scientifically sound event?”

You people who lack foresight sure are dumb. The reasons are quite simple:

1) By sticking with North Carolina and abiding by whatever coronavirus restrictions the state has in place, the president risks acknowledging the pandemic hasn’t magically disappeared. That would likely make him mad, and you don’t want the guest of honor to be mad. That’s Party Planning 101.

2) If Trump tried to move the GOP convention to one of his Florida properties, either Mar-a-Lago or the Trump National Doral Miami, the Fake News media would claim he’s trying to profit off the convention. But if he moves the event offshore, it won’t be his fault if conventiongoers decide to stay at Mar-a-Lago or Doral and get ferried — via Trump-branded Super Duper Ferries, only $500 each way — back and forth to the convention while wearing Trump-branded life preservers ($50/per day rental, life preservation not guaranteed) and taking out MAGA-approved hurricane insurance policies through Trump Insurance Service.

3) Trump will be able to say the convention is helping the nation “Transition to Greatness" by boosting his friend Micky Arison’s Carnival Corp., a great American business that patriotically avoids taxes by registering as a foreign corporation. Perhaps Carnival could provide the cruise ships and the Freedom Rope, along with a daily all-you-can-eat shrimp buffet unencumbered by radical left-wing creations like sneeze guards. Carnival’s largest ships can hold about 4,000 passengers, but to demonstrate the GOP’s commitment to deregulation, it would only take three ships, each running 2,700 passengers over capacity, to accommodate the 20,000 who would have fit in the North Carolina arena.

4) By holding the convention aboard overfilled boats off the coast of Florida during hurricane season in the middle of a pandemic, the GOP would have a perfect opportunity to stick it to godless liberals and demonstrate the power of prayer. (If that didn’t work, the GOP would be able to blame godless liberals for the unfortunate tragedy, thus nullifying all insurance payouts from Trump Insurance Service.)

The only other necessary step would be to properly brand the relocated Republican National Convention.

Here’s my proposal: “The 2020 Mighty Trump Presidential Celebration-of-Victory-Over-Coronavirus Flotilla of Magnificence GOP National Convention featuring America’s Greatest President, Donald J. Trump.”

There would also be hats for sale that read: “FLOATING MAGA.” (That stands for: “Fantastic Landless Out-of-this-world Amazing Triumph In Never Grifting while Making America Great Again.”)

It’s a perfect plan. And it’s in no way a setup for future history book chapters titled: “The FLOATING MAGA Coronavirus Outbreak of 2020.”
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 26, 2020 02:49PM
Haha, I love that column. However, there's one detail that wouldn't work, which is the Trump Insurance thing. Insurance is too highly regulated for Trump to have a viable insurance company. But I guess he could get one of his billionaire friends to do it.

Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2020 03:15PM
AllGold
Haha, I love that column. However, there's one detail that wouldn't work, which is the Trump Insurance thing. Insurance is too highly regulated for Trump to have a viable insurance company. But I guess he could get one of his billionaire friends to do it.

no problem - poof - regulators are GONE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 310
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018