advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Twitter has started factchecking Trump's bogus ballot tweets (but not others)
Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2020 06:21PM
[www.cnn.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Twitter has started factchecking Trump's bogus ballot tweets (but not others)
Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2020 06:49PM
and of course, the Trump campaign responds:

[edit] he could have chosen this opportunity to explain why what Trump said doesn't need fact checking, but no... that's not going to happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 06:50PM by hal.
Re: Twitter has started factchecking Trump's bogus ballot tweets (but not others)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 26, 2020 07:01PM
“But mostly, we’re sore losers at everything.”
- Brad P
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 26, 2020 07:02PM
It’s almost as if Trump would be able to take better control of the messaging by not publishing to Twitter.

But ... it’s far easier to whine.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 26, 2020 07:14PM
Well they have only put “check the facts” under the Scarborough murder Tweet after the husband wrote a letter asking Twitter to take down trump’s murder charges at Scarborough.

Sorry I retract this TV news was my source and they were wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 05:54PM by samintx.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 26, 2020 07:32PM
Good chance that it's only a matter of minutes or hours before Trump starts whining about the Twitter factchecking. And then threatening Twitter will follow shortly.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 26, 2020 07:33PM
samintx
Well they have only put “check the facts” under the Scarborough murder Tweet after the husband wrote a letter asking Twitter to take down trump’s murder charges at Scarborough.
They still haven't done that. They only did it to his "absentee ballot fraud" malarkey. I'm bummed that that's all they've done so far. Jack Dorsey needs to grow a pair.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 27, 2020 08:17AM
hal

I guess another reason they "pulled [their] advertising from Twitter months ago" is because Twitter stopped accepting political ads last November.

smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001 smiley-laughing001

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018