advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Birder asks Queen of the Ramble to leash her dog to protect birds. She threatens to call police for “threatening her life”.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 26, 2020 06:38PM
Things don’t end well for her.

She calls police, specifically saying she’s going to claim he’s threatening her life, while the birder, who is African American, calmly records her as she becomes increasingly ‘panicked’ reporting his non-existent threatening behavior.

And, well...

An animal rescue group has also taken her dog into care while its treatment is investigated. She was so absorbed in inciting a police reaction against the border that she repeatedly choked the dog, half dangling him in the air by his collar.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Birder asks Queen of the Ramble to leash her dog to protect birds. She threatens to call police for “threatening her life”.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 26, 2020 07:06PM
wrong side!

I just finished reading a different article on this... saw the video etc...

This is a perfect example of white fear/white superiority. This woman is a VP at FT and she is used to being listened to. Used to having people do as she says without question. Used to having the powers on her side.

Her life right now is @#$%&. Her published 'apology' is cringe worthy.

“I’m not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way,” she told the network.

“I think I was just scared,” she told CNN of her actions. “When you’re alone in the Ramble, you don’t know what’s happening. It’s not excusable, it’s not defensible.”

I would really hope that today this woman is having a REAL epiphany. I hope that she really comes to understand what happened, what she did and why it was wrong and then talk about it. This isn't going to stop until some learning happens.
Re: Birder asks Queen of the Ramble to leash her dog to protect birds. She threatens to call police for “threatening her life”.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 26, 2020 08:11PM
This is not who I am.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 26, 2020 08:28PM
"I would really hope that today this woman is having a REAL epiphany"

Yeah right; like that's going to happen.
Date: May 26, 2020 08:30PM
hal
wrong side!
Really? I think of it more as another entitled moron ‘Karen’ story than anything else. Somebody dared impinge on what she wanted to do, she played the biggest ‘Let me speak to the manager card’ she could think of. Political overtones, but boils down to selfish buttheadedness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2020 08:32PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Janit
Date: May 26, 2020 08:31PM
Dennis S
This is not who I am.

It is what we do under stress that shows EXACTLY who we are.

Panicking under stress is one thing, but fabricating racist lies out of nothing is something else entirely.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 26, 2020 08:35PM
LOL yeah, racism is “controversial.”
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 26, 2020 08:44PM
.....the other 'race' story in the news didn't end as well.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 26, 2020 10:42PM
hal
This woman is was a VP at FT and she is used to being listened to.

FTFY.

hal
“I’m not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way,” she told the network.

Liar.

hal
“I think I was just scared,” she told CNN of her actions. “When you’re alone in the Ramble, you don’t know what’s happening. It’s not excusable, it’s not defensible.”

Then stop trying.

hal
I would really hope that today this woman is having a REAL epiphany.

Fat chance.

hal
This isn't going to stop until some learning happens.

Plenty of learning happened here -- the world learned what a worthless POS this woman is.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 27, 2020 12:31AM
Any learning that's going to matter has to have happened long before she reaches her age or position. At her life point it's no longer learning it's reaction and finding cover.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 27, 2020 12:32AM
She is now dead to corporate America. What an idiot. Any chance they will charge her with a false 9-1-1 call?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: May 27, 2020 12:44AM
And making this even better, the cocker spaniel rescue agency recognized that she was abusing her dog while on the call, and found further evidence of neglect in her instagram posts. The dog was returned to the agency...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 27, 2020 05:31AM
Markintosh
And making this even better, the cocker spaniel rescue agency recognized that she was abusing her dog while on the call, and found further evidence of neglect in her instagram posts. The dog was returned to the agency...

I wondered why she was trying to strangle the dog, and if she planned on telling the police when they got there that he did it.

Comedians Andrew Schulz and Akaash Singh's satirical take on how this event relates to #BelieveAllWomen (NSFW) - [www.youtube.com]

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 27, 2020 06:21AM
Both of them did some dumb stuff. The guy was certainly right to ask her to have her dog on leash, but wrong to tell her he would do something she wouldn’t like and that he would lure her dog with treats that he carried for just such a purpose. This is where a normal person would leash their dog, apologize, and go elsewhere.

A smart dog owner would not have had the dog off leash. It is seldom safe to do that here in NYC, and there are generally designated areas where you can safely do that. You cannot protect your dog when it is off leash and not within reach. I would never let a client’s dog off leash except in a dog run, and then only if the owner specifically indicated that he or she was OK with taking the dog to a dog run.

I hope the dog finds a good home.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 27, 2020 07:34AM
she broke the law on the false call and it's on tape.
I hope she's charged.
Since she will never hold a job again, she'll have 3 square in jail.
racist

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: d4
Date: May 27, 2020 07:58AM
When he calls her out to follow the rules and asks her to do something she doesn't want to do, she immediately knows what to say to put a black man in his place in her evil sense of social order. How dare he get uppity with me. “I’m going to tell [the police] there’s an African American man threatening my life!”

NYC. 2020. While being filmed.

This most definitely will not be making it into the next episode of SGN.

Date: May 27, 2020 09:14AM
ka jowct
Both of them did some dumb stuff. The guy was certainly right to ask her to have her dog on leash, but wrong to tell her he would do something she wouldn’t like and that he would lure her dog with treats that he carried for just such a purpose. This is where a normal person would leash their dog, apologize, and go elsewhere.

A smart dog owner would not have had the dog off leash. It is seldom safe to do that here in NYC, and there are generally designated areas where you can safely do that. You cannot protect your dog when it is off leash and not within reach. I would never let a client’s dog off leash except in a dog run, and then only if the owner specifically indicated that he or she was OK with taking the dog to a dog run.

He, arguably, did a dumb thing.

She took actions, with considered malice, that could have very easily cost someone their life, as well as derail the lives and careers of one or more police officers.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 27, 2020 10:08AM
....agreed.....she will have to change her name to get another job.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: ArtP
Date: May 27, 2020 12:07PM
A Black Man who gets up at 7am to watch Birds in Central Park during the week HAS TO BE one of the least threatening African Americans in NYC?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 27, 2020 12:18PM
ArtP
A gay Black Man Harvard-educated New York senior biomedical editor and former comic book editor who gets up at 7am to watch Birds in Central Park during the week HAS TO BE one of the least threatening African Americans in NYC?

Enhanced!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: May 27, 2020 12:52PM
rjmacs
ArtP
A gay Black Man Harvard-educated New York senior biomedical editor and former comic book editor, who is a board member of the New York City Audubon Society and gets up at 7am to watch Birds in Central Park during the week HAS TO BE one of the least threatening African Americans in NYC?

Enhanced!

Zoomed and enhanced!
Posted by: hal
Date: May 27, 2020 02:29PM
Christian Cooper is already back birding at Central Park. “I’m not excusing the racism,” he said. “But I don’t know if her life needed to be torn apart.”

Then he resumed. “If we are going to make progress, we’ve got to address these things, and if this painful process is going to help us address this — there’s the yellow warbler!” Mr. Cooper said cutting himself off to peer around with his binoculars.

I LOVE this guy!!
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: May 30, 2020 07:33PM
Blankity Blank
ka jowct

He, arguably, did a dumb thing.

She took actions, with considered malice, that could have very easily cost someone their life, as well as derail the lives and careers of one or more police officers.

I agree with that. I don’t get why she couldn’t just leash her dog, apologize to the guy, and leave. But I have encountered people who get huffy if you ask them to pick up their dog’s poop.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 237
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018