advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
It's hard to belive that Howard Dean's political career ended because he yelled on stage
Posted by: hal
Date: May 27, 2020 04:17PM
Re: It's hard to belive that Howard Dean's political career ended because he yelled on stage
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 27, 2020 04:24PM
I’d say that article hits the nail on the head.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's hard to belive that Howard Dean's political career ended because he yelled on stage
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 27, 2020 04:36PM
Yep.

More evidence:

“ Trump, for some reason, compares coronavirus death toll (over 98,000) to that of swine flu (under 20,000) “

[news.yahoo.com]
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 27, 2020 04:50PM
I could never figure out the idiocy in our country that found Dean’s yell so much of an issue.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 27, 2020 05:05PM
There was more to it with 'the Dean scream'....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 27, 2020 05:26PM
rjmacs
There was more to it with 'the Dean scream'....

Or even less to it.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 27, 2020 05:32PM
Dean had already lost the primary pretty soundly, if I recall. It is true that the editing on the Dean scream was weird.
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 27, 2020 06:04PM
I have questioned more than once this fact of trump. I dont really know the details of the scream except an adult should be ashamed. That the Constiution does not hold him back because his “ I want to keep my power” Repub buds don't call him down. The Dems cant do it alone. Trump has gotten by with everything and the Impeachment label is just a meaningless label. History may burn him but he will be dead and gone. There will be no disgrace to him or family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2020 06:09PM by samintx.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 27, 2020 06:58PM
It was kind of odd, I can see why some people thought it was a Bruce Banner changing into Hulk moment. I am not really sure understand what the issue is with how it was recorded. Yes, it filtered out the crowd noise though I am not sure a 'more realistic' mix that was not so over modulated would have changed people's perception. I think he had been targeted by the media and health care (cough*Sanders*cough).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 27, 2020 08:02PM
btfc
“ Trump, for some reason, compares coronavirus death toll (over 98,000) to that of swine flu (under 20,000) “...

Lots of parallels with the swine flu outbreak of 1976.

In 1976, the swine flu vaccine was pushed hard by the president on TV during an election year where it was perceived as a stunt, was rushed out and made poorly, and hurt many people badly, both damaging the reputation of vaccines irreparably and dramatically influencing what has become the modern anti-vax/anti-science movement.

[www.discovermagazine.com]

This government-led campaign was widely viewed as a debacle and put an irreparable dent in future public health initiatives, as well as negatively influenced the public’s perception of both the flu and the flu shot in this country...

...while the World Health Organization adopted a cautious “wait and see” policy to monitor the virus’s pattern of disease and to track the number of emerging infections, President Gerald Ford’s administration embarked on a zealous campaign to vaccinate every American with brisk efficiency. In late March, President Ford announced in a press conference the government’s plan to vaccinate “every man, woman, and child in the United States”...

Due to the urgency of creating new immunizations for a novel virus, the government used an attenuated “live virus” for the vaccine instead of a inactivated or “killed” form, increasing the probability of adverse side effects among susceptible groups of people receiving the vaccination. Furthermore, prominent American scientists and health professionals began questioning the campaign’s large expense and its drain on scarce public health resources.

With President Ford’s reelection campaign looming on the horizon, the campaign increasingly appeared politically motivated... the vaccine, for the reasons stated above, resulted in over four-hundred and fifty people developing the paralyzing Guillain-Barré syndrome.

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 27, 2020 11:08PM
Why is he always standing like this?

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 28, 2020 12:00AM
Getting into his yelling stance.
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 28, 2020 12:22AM
Looks like a tantrum to me!
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 28, 2020 09:54AM
vision63

Because he has a stick up his @ss? That goes so far that it turns him into a popsicle?

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 28, 2020 10:56AM
PeterB
Because he has a stick up his @ss? That goes so far that it turns him into a popsicle?

That’s an Orange Creamsicle.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 28, 2020 01:05PM
DeusxMac
PeterB

That’s an Orange Creamsicle.

True. But they're in the same family. Maybe Pence is a purple popsicle: [westwoodenabler.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: May 28, 2020 02:53PM
vision63

Lifts in the shoes, girdle and a diaper that’s full...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 241
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018