advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Rachel Maddow: hospital ICUs filling up (in the central U.S.)
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 27, 2020 11:15PM
Not just Alabama, but also Nebraska, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Sioux City, IA and Yuma, AZ.

Sorry, I don't have a link, just watching her report.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Rachel Maddow: hospital ICUs filling up (in the central U.S.)
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 27, 2020 11:38PM
The people here in Arkansas seem to think it was all over with when idiotic reopening happened.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 27, 2020 11:58PM
AllGold
Not just Alabama, but also Nebraska, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Sioux City, IA and Yuma, AZ.

Minnesota is still on a slow rise. We have not started using any of the expansion facilities, but we are likely going to do so by the end of July.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 28, 2020 12:03AM
Los Angeles is still on the rise with counts, death rates have dropped but counts keep rising. Over the weekend the whole food processing city of Vernon went ballistic.
Date: May 28, 2020 12:15AM
sekker
AllGold

Minnesota is still on a slow rise. We have not started using any of the expansion facilities, but we are likely going to do so by the end of July.

It could be a lot sooner than July. This from a few days ago says the Minneapolis area ICU beds were at 95% capacity.

[www.startribune.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 12:16AM by AllGold.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 28, 2020 08:14AM
[coronavirus.jhu.edu]
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: May 28, 2020 09:26AM
And don't forget what will probably happen when school opens in the fall. I seriously don't expect to get back up north until Xmas. Better off sheltering where I am and do the remote work thing as long as possible.

Rachel's been keeping an eye on the local papers across the country for stats since we're not getting "official' numbers anymore from mass murderer Cheeto.
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 28, 2020 12:24PM
We can’t get anything close to a reliable statistic here in GA.
I have no real idea what the F is going on, really.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 28, 2020 01:28PM
Dennis S
The people here in Arkansas seem to think it was all over with when idiotic reopening happened.

It's the same here in NC. I've got idiot relatives in NC that think it's nothing but political plot to destroy Trumps chances at reelection. Some of these relatives are well educated but they must educated beyond their intelligence.

Grateful11
Date: May 28, 2020 02:25PM
rgG
We can’t get anything close to a reliable statistic here in GA.
I have no real idea what the F is going on, really.

Yes, it's criminal what Georgia and Florida state governments are doing to obscure the data.

But if you go by cbelt3's Johns Hopkins link, any way you look at it, it is bad in Florida and Georgia. Also, Arizona looks pretty F'ed.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 28, 2020 02:27PM
Grateful11
Dennis S

It's the same here in NC. I've got idiot relatives in NC that think it's nothing but political plot to destroy Trumps chances at reelection. Some of these relatives are well educated but they must educated beyond their intelligence.

You can expose people to education, that however does not always lead to them being well educated no matter what degrees they have. From what I have seen over the past 4 decades, a big chunk of "higher ed" has become geared towards degree granting to meet job requirements, not educating. For every student who I have met that was educating themselves, there were at least as many who were just moving their way through "requirements" and not retaining much else beyond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 02:28PM by JoeH.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018