advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"With Trump, the pathogogy is the point"
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 28, 2020 12:21AM
"It’s perfectly clear by now that the United States does not have a functioning president or administration. It also seems clear that this does not matter to a sizable chunk of the population. They just don’t care — even when it could lead them to lose their lives and their livelihoods."

[nymag.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "With Trump, the pathogogy is the point"
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 28, 2020 12:34AM
They made a choice four years ago, and just like Trump, they are determined to view the world in the way that puts that (now clearly disastrous) choice in the best possible light, even if it stands in contrast to objective reality.

It’s sad. But it’s human nature.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 28, 2020 10:26AM
pdq
It’s sad. But it’s human nature.

My fear and expectation is that his will be come the norm going forward. It is about time for history to repeat itself and take us into a new dark ages

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 28, 2020 08:38PM
“ My fear and expectation is that his will be come the norm going forward. It is about time for history to repeat itself and take us into a new dark ages”

In my lifetime, I’ve noticed a kind of pendulum effect; the Sixties were a reaction to the Post-War years, and so on. I’m thinking there could be a major backlash to the Trump years, especially among younger folk, but I’m definitely concerned that he might have permanently lowered the bar. Hopefully there will be a Teddy Roosevelt moment though, that will drag our politics back in line.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 29, 2020 04:13AM
btfc
“ My fear and expectation is that his will be come the norm going forward. It is about time for history to repeat itself and take us into a new dark ages”

In my lifetime, I’ve noticed a kind of pendulum effect; the Sixties were a reaction to the Post-War years, and so on. I’m thinking there could be a major backlash to the Trump years, especially among younger folk, but I’m definitely concerned that he might have permanently lowered the bar. Hopefully there will be a Teddy Roosevelt moment though, that will drag our politics back in line.

Only if you can break the oligarchial stranglehold of the right-wing propoganda/media machine.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 29, 2020 06:47PM
This realization is catching momentum in some unusual places like The Verge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020