Date: May 28, 2020 03:27PM
Please
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: He signed the executive order. Twittter, please cancel his account
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 28, 2020 03:39PM
[twitter.com]

Ending These Terms

You may end your legal agreement with Twitter at any time by deactivating your accounts and discontinuing your use of the Services. See [help.twitter.com] (and for Periscope, [help.pscp.tv]) for instructions on how to deactivate your account and the Privacy Policy for more information on what happens to your information.

We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules and Policies or Periscope Community Guidelines, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to unlawful conduct, (iv) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (v) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services, except that the following sections shall continue to apply: II, III, V, and VI. If you believe your account was terminated in error you can file an appeal following the steps found in our Help Center (https://help.twitter.com/forms/general?subtopic=suspended). For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms survive the deactivation or termination of your account.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 28, 2020 04:06PM
....shut.....him....down.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: May 28, 2020 04:09PM
I always wonder if we should be careful what we wish for.

Wouldn't Trump and his crowd immediately set up Screecher® as the "conservative" alternative to Twitter? Are we really better off for red and blue America to not only have their own news networks, their own facts, but now even their own separate conversations that the other side never engages with?
Posted by: hal
Date: May 28, 2020 04:21PM
Mr Downtown
I always wonder if we should be careful what we wish for.

Wouldn't Trump and his crowd immediately set up Screecher® as the "conservative" alternative to Twitter? Are we really better off for red and blue America to not only have their own news networks, their own facts, but now even their own separate conversations that the other side never engages with?

I'm convinced that we are already headed that way. Soon you will be enrolling your kids into blue school, find a blue doctor at your blue HMO, shop at the blue grocery store etc... gas stations will try a red aisle and a blue aisle, but it won't work.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 28, 2020 04:46PM
Already happened in my field - science. 95% of my colleagues voted for HC, and the last 5% split their vote between DT and others.

In my world of COVID, and the current administration's abandonment of science, we are even more unified.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 28, 2020 04:55PM
The President is opening the doors for Twitter to be sued for damages done by all his own slanderous lies.
The publicity from this might backfire.
In other words, his approval rating might drop half a percent, or so.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 28, 2020 04:56PM
desperate diversion tactic

102,000 dead and counting.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 28, 2020 05:21PM
Jason Kander
@JasonKander
·
5h
If social media companies become liable for defamatory content posted by users, I’d be tempted to start practicing law again.

I’d start a firm dedicated exclusively to representing plaintiffs defamed by President Trump.

After two years, I’d retire to my private island.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 28, 2020 05:22PM
hal
... gas stations will try a red aisle and a blue aisle, but it won't work.

Regular and Premium?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 29, 2020 06:49AM
It took far too long but they’re working on striking a balance. Leave the content, but put it in a wrapper. This allows Twitter to control the context, which is just as important as the content. If they cut his account he’d go somewhere else.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 29, 2020 11:57AM
I prefer that Trump acts out on a widely seen platform. We do not want him on some obscure nutjob platform stirring the pot with no opposition. At least on Twitter we can keep tabs on him as well as keep him ratio’d.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 259
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018