advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
If they can tap every phone and monitor every email and check every search on google......
Posted by: Guitarman
Date: January 20, 2006 12:38PM
Why the hell can't they just trace the damn chain of custody of the to date 19 tapes from Bin Laden. Could you imagine if they took all of that technology and just traced the one camel jockey who delivers the damned tape to Al Jazeerah (maybe they could even tap their phone and trace their emails) they'd have ol' binnie by now.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: If they can tap every phone and monitor every email and check every search on google......
Posted by: MacMagus
Date: January 20, 2006 12:44PM
What makes you think that the administration doesn't know where "Binnie" is?
Re: If they can tap every phone and monitor every email and check every search on google......
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: January 20, 2006 02:34PM
If they do know, we won't get to know until election time.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: January 20, 2006 02:38PM
If they kill bin Laden, who will they use as a Boogieman?

Harry Wayne Casey?

Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: January 20, 2006 02:47PM
If bin Laden didn't exist we'd have to create him.

Oh, yeah. We did. Watch Noam Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent."

"The powers in charge keep us in a perpetual state of fear; keep us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it by furnishing the exorbitant sums demanded. Yet, in retrospect, these disasters seem never to have happened, seem never to have been quite real."
- General Douglas MacArthur

The collapse of the Soviet Union meant the military industries needed a plausible enemy to keep the trough filled. They've created a generational war to maintain their profits indefinitely, and at the expense of every other legitimate function of government, such as maintaining levees on the Mississippi, and all social programs to benefit the poor.

Robert Fisk: Osama, Is It Him?
[www.truthout.org]
"So why only on audio? Why no video tape? Is he sick? Yes, say the usual American "intelligence sources." It's the same old story: Osama bin Laden talks to us from the mouth of a cave, from within a cave, from a basement perhaps, from a tape almost certainly recorded down a telephone line from far away."

Posted by: Pops
Date: January 20, 2006 03:21PM
I'll have confidence in the government's ability to track down terrorists as soon as they stop drug trafficking across our borders.
Date: January 20, 2006 06:11PM
Pops Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll have confidence in the government's ability
> to track down terrorists as soon as they stop drug
> trafficking across our borders.

But if they stopped drug trafficking how would the CIA fund its secret wars? If you stop drug trafficking the Islamo-fascists have won! After all, the Taliban shut down the heroin trade in Afghanistan and since Operation Afghani Freedom (OAF) you can be proud that your tax dollars and the blood of your young soldiers has restored it, nay, increased it, so that more heroin than ever now flows into the veins of the worlds addicts, including our own.

Stand tall and thank President George Bush for this remarkable achievement!
Posted by: JoeM
Date: January 20, 2006 09:57PM
We are fsck'd, aren't we?

JoeM
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 21, 2006 03:05AM
JoeM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are fsck'd, aren't we?
>
> ----------------
> JoeM
>
In truth we have @#$%& ourselves royally. But then we've certainly done that many times before and survived.

When things get too far out of whack Americans have always come to their senses and righted things. Of course that's todays real problem, things are just a bit too "far-righted".

The time will come when the ship has listed too far and will never be able to correct itself.

That time seems to be approaching. When I can listen to Al Gore and say to myself "yeah - I could vote for that guy" then I know we're really at the precipice. (not that I'm presuming my vote will actually be tabulated and added to the correct column)

Date: January 21, 2006 05:07AM
The genius of the American system is that it has always offered the hope to Joe Sixpack that someday he can own his own gas station and escape from wage slavery. While living in the belly of the beast, kept in the dark about its killing so he can't see the blood on his hands, and fattened by that killing, Joe is being cut out of sharing the spoils of war, and those opportunities are no longer available to him.

As the middle class wanes the poor increase, and with them the number of angry people willing to exercise their Constitutional right to change this government which oppresses them. It's sad that the extremely rich are never satisfied until they have everything, but that, I suppose, is the nature of greed. Too much is never enough.

As long as the middle-class survives there will never be a revolution, as the average American only pays lip-service to the notion of "liberty and justice for all," and accepts the reality of disparity based on wealth, and is only concerned, if at all, about American lives, and not those of foreigners.

Posted by: HeyDude
Date: January 23, 2006 10:45AM
ever notice that bin laden's helpers always get killed?
The govt knows exactly where he is. If you kill him, you have a martyr. If you kill his network, he's just a barking chicken
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 23, 2006 05:23PM
So who has the shortest life expectency, a Sadaam lawyer, a Bin Laden associate or a 7/11 clerk almost anywhere?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 167
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020