advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Senate GOP dodges over Trump's baseless Buffalo tweet
Posted by: hal
Date: June 09, 2020 03:08PM
[www.cnn.com]

At a news conference following a Republican policy lunch, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky refused to say whether Trump's tweet was appropriate.

CNN pressed him twice, and he instead pointed to the work led by GOP Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina to try to put together a police reform package.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, a Republican from Georgia, wouldn't answer a question about the President's tweet as she hopped on an elevator along with an aide in the Capitol.

CNN printed out a copy of the President's tweet and tried to read it to Republican Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alaska, who said he hadn't seen it, and then said: "I don't want to comment right now. I'm on my way to a meeting. I'll see it when I see it."

Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin told CNN he hadn't seen the tweet, but he also didn't want it read to him. "I would rather not hear it," he said as he walked onto an elevator.

"Voters can evaluate that," Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee said, adding: "I'm not going to give a running commentary on the President's tweets."

They are running scared!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Senate GOP dodges over Trump's baseless Buffalo tweet
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 09, 2020 03:14PM
VOTE.
Vote out the prime incompetent.
Vote out his political enablers.

VOTE.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 09, 2020 03:56PM
Susan Collins, A Profile In Courage

Asked about the tweet, Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) told reporters that she thought “it would best if the president did not comment on issues that are before the courts.”

What was the name of her Democratic opponent again? I think it's time to send a check.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 09, 2020 04:16PM
What a strong statement. About as strong as murkowski’s dumb statement. Do these women think they are scoring political voter points?
Posted by: hal
Date: June 09, 2020 04:18PM
Guess what? The guy doing the reporting in that OANN report is a Russian national that also writes for the Kremlin owned Sputnik (that is registered as an agent for a foreign government)

isn't that nice?

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 09, 2020 05:54PM
hal
Guess what? The guy doing the reporting in that OANN report is a Russian national that also writes for the Kremlin owned Sputnik (that is registered as an agent for a foreign government)

isn't that nice?

[www.washingtonpost.com]

If so, that's another notch on the treason scale.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 09, 2020 06:13PM
hal

isn't that nice?

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Shocking. Just shocking to hear that.

/sarcasm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018