advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump vs Biden 2024, both running for a second term?
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 11, 2020 07:37PM
Do you think he Trump lost this fall, that he would come back and run again in 2024, against Biden, for a second term?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump vs Biden 2024, both running for a second term?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 11, 2020 07:51PM
I don't think he'll be able to run a successful campaign from the resort in Brazil where he'll be evading extradition in the luxurious Gerhard Bohne wing.

Posted by: timg
Date: June 11, 2020 08:00PM
What makes you think Biden would run for re-election at 83 or whatever he will be in 2024?

If Trump loses, I think that'll be the end of his political career (and none too soon).

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 11, 2020 08:35PM
timg
If Trump loses, I think that'll be the end of his political career (and none too soon).

He loves the campaigning and rallies and TV coverage and spending other people's money too much. I think he'll immediately launch a 2024 campaign and start raising money and holding rallies.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 11, 2020 08:38PM
More likely to see another member of the Dumbf family, Junior or Iwankya…
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 11, 2020 08:50PM
I think Sarcany is correct about his future legal situation. I sure hope so.

Other than that, it's hard to say. If you didn't know, reports from people on the inside say Trump didn't expect to win the last election and in fact, never even wanted to win. He ran simply to increase his fame and use that for profit. Now that he has been president, I don't know if he would rather have more of it or walk away as the most famous person in the world (which was his original intent).

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 11, 2020 09:21PM
Trump will turn his post-presidency into a media extravaganza. He'll market the office in ways never imagined. From a nighttime talk show that will put anyone current to shame, to merchandise endorsements - it will all go to the highest bidder. The last thing he will want is to go back to the low paid grind of the campaign trail.

Biden will not seek re-election becoming the first person to chose to serve a single term since Rutherford B. Hayes in 1881. His job will be to return dignity and stability to the office. His role is to set up his vice president for 2024. he knows his limitations and knows that there is a good chance that he will not survive the stress of the first term. When he says he wants someone ready to take over from day one, he is acknowledging his age and what that means.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 11, 2020 09:28PM
Mark me down as a "no".
Posted by: SteveO
Date: June 11, 2020 10:21PM
Orange jumpsuit for the orange man. That's my prediction.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 11, 2020 10:30PM
Some of our past Presidents have been real bastards and committed what are certainly criminal actions - I'm not sure I want to see us go down the road of imprisoning a former political leader.

Throw the book at the lackeys like Barr and let them suffer the consequences of their actions. Barr won't be the first Attorney General to do jail time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 10:30PM by RgrF.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 11, 2020 10:50PM
RgrF
Some of our past Presidents have been real bastards and committed what are certainly criminal actions - I'm not sure I want to see us go down the road of imprisoning a former political leader.

I'd be hesitant if it were just for his actions under color of law as the sovereign.

But this ain't just that.

By various accounts, there are several dozen civil cases and at least a half dozen criminal cases pending based on his actions before he took the oath of office. He's accused of violating consent decrees, fraud in obtaining loans and government-concessions for his businesses/buildings, money-laundering, unlawful dealings with foreign agents/governments/mobsters, hiring illegal immigrants and supplying them with false documents, human trafficking, several sexual assaults/rapes, filing false tax returns, and a whole bunch more. He's also got criminal charges pending in several European nations.

...And ON TOP OF THAT are the obstruction, witness-tampering, perjury, bribery, self-dealing and flagrant Constitutional violations that he's ... allegedly... committed while in office.

If even a hundredth of what he's accused of can be proven in a court of law then when he's out of office and these cases are tried, it's a moral imperative to put 45 in jail for hard time for his crimes and it's what any true patriot would call for. If he doesn't end up in prison, it will be the ultimate "rich white guy" hit on the justice system. I don't know that this country can take another one of those with such a high profile. We'll need him sent to prison more than ever, to make America great again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2020 10:58PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 11, 2020 11:00PM
There are other ways.

Bankrupt (for real this time) the SOB and make it stick through the progeny!
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 12, 2020 12:49AM
space-time
Do you think he Trump lost this fall, that he would come back and run again in 2024, against Biden, for a second term?

That muthaphucka is going to prison.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: June 12, 2020 06:42AM
He’ll be too demented to serve. That doesn’t mean he won’t have 98% of the Republican vote, though.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 12, 2020 08:18AM
S. Pupp
He’ll be too demented to serve. That doesn’t mean he won’t have 98% of the Republican vote, though.

Yes, even from his prison cell.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 12, 2020 08:29AM
Ombligo
Biden will not seek re-election becoming the first person to chose to serve a single term since Rutherford B. Hayes in 1881.

You’re forgetting Johnson, or counting his first year in office as his first term.

Anyway, I think there would be real pushback by the Republican party to a second Trump go-round if Trump loses to Biden (which at this point looks likely). No political party likes a loser, and while the Deplorables can never get enough of him, a lot of centrist Repubs who held their tongues have probably had enough of the clown show.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 12, 2020 09:54AM
He's the useful idiot now...barely. The judges are the only lasting advantage they are still getting from him. Otherwise, his liabilities are massive. Look for the Republican machine to quietly maneuver to make sure such a thing never happens again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 09:55AM by Acer.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 12, 2020 11:13AM
space-time

Biden won't be running after this year. Neither will 45. I imagine the VP in 2020 will be pres in 2024.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 12, 2020 11:36AM
Trump will be 74 on Sunday.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 12, 2020 11:45AM
The party is already looking for his successor in the same mould. But his is a cult of personality, and an actual cult. Maybe they'll all drink the grape Clorox when he instructs them to do so.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 12, 2020 12:14PM
Personality cults are powerful, but not the kind of thing you can just order up.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 14, 2020 06:32AM
pdq
Ombligo
Biden will not seek re-election becoming the first person to chose to serve a single term since Rutherford B. Hayes in 1881.

You’re forgetting Johnson, or counting his first year in office as his first term.

Johnson was the incumbent when he ran for his own first term. He had experience in the office and chose to run for it again. Hayes was the last to say once is enough.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 299
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018