advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Blue Lives Matter" - NASCAR still doesn't get it ...
Posted by: timg
Date: June 15, 2020 01:32PM
[www.npr.org]

Yes, we should support our first responders, but this move seems tone deaf to me.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Blue Lives Matter" - NASCAR still doesn't get it ...
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 15, 2020 01:38PM
A racist idea getting airing at a NASCAR event? You don't say.

Rome didn't fall in a day.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 15, 2020 01:46PM
timg
[www.npr.org]

Yes, we should support our first responders, but this move seems tone deaf to me.

This was one team not NASCAR the organization. Since the Black Lives Matter car of Bubba Wallace was allowed it's a bit of a sticky wicket for NASCAR to say this BLM car can't race also. but yes, it's tone deaf of this team to go this route.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 01:47PM by graylocks.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 15, 2020 01:46PM
The alt "Lives matter" things are push back where there actually is NOT a threat. Black Lives Matter because they do NOT to police, politicians, racists, etc... Sorry, not buying it.
Posted by: timg
Date: June 15, 2020 01:52PM
I had not heard of this "movement" before I saw the story. The more I read about it, the less I respected the people behind it.

Seems they are using the non-police first reponders as a shield.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 15, 2020 03:16PM
I have seen alternate versions of someone pulling the blue strip back, to reveal what is hidden underneath. It is either a swastika or the Confederate Battle Flag.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 15, 2020 03:46PM
What more would be expected from these low-live Drumpster confederates? Of course they'll do whatever they can to stoke the fires.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 15, 2020 05:09PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I have seen alternate versions of someone pulling the blue strip back, to reveal what is hidden underneath. It is either a swastika or the Confederate Battle Flag.
blue wall of silence

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 15, 2020 07:57PM
Just more of the same from the zero-sum crowd, who thinks if someone else gains something, it got taken away from them. It's at the core of conservatism.

We have a serious self-esteem problem in this country, with about half of the electorate.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 15, 2020 08:04PM
Filliam H. Muffman

...Because it was adopted by the alt-right as an anti-black-lives-matter banner.

They flew it at the Nazi rally in Charlottesville.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 15, 2020 08:47PM
There's plenty of ways to salute first responders without dragging in blue lives matter BS. They aren't fooling me.

Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 16, 2020 12:49AM
It is time we took a stand against this! Right here, right now, I'm calling for a boycott of all NASCAR events and merchandise by everyone who contributed to this thread including myself!

Now, how much do you think that boycott will cost NASCAR in actual dollars?

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

Stop and think about this: If you're able to shout the words "I CAN'T BREATHE!!!" at considerable volume, then you have just proven to anyone listening that you can indeed breathe.

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 16, 2020 09:13AM
NASCAR...isn't that what the cops use for speed traps?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 180
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020