advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bolton claims House should have investigated other impeachable offenses by Trump
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 17, 2020 02:10PM
Bolton undoubtedly has more tidbits to drop over the coming days. Should be interesting.

Bolton claims House should have investigated other impeachable offenses by Trump
[thehill.com]

In the memoir, “The Room Where It Happened,” Bolton claims that not only did Trump explicitly condition aid to Ukraine on investigations involving former Vice President Joe Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, he on several occasions signaled that he was willing to end criminal investigations “to, in effect, give personal favors to dictators he liked.” Trump also allegedly tried to persuade Chinese President Xi Jinping to buy large amounts of agricultural products to improve his re-election prospects in agricultural states.

Trump was “pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win. He stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome,” Bolton wrote.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bolton claims House should have investigated other impeachable offenses by Trump
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 17, 2020 02:19PM
Bolton is still mad he didn't get to launch WWIII with Iran.

Does not mean his book is lies. I expect it's not.
Re: Bolton claims House should have investigated other impeachable offenses by Trump
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 17, 2020 02:35PM

Stephen Colbert says he has a copy of John Bolton’s tell-all and will interview him Tuesday

By Brian Niemietz
New York Daily News |

Not only does Stephen Colbert have a copy of the John Bolton tell-all the White House is trying to shut down — he also has Bolton booked.

The CBS late night host held up a copy of “The Room Where It Happened” on his Tuesday show and told viewers the book’s author, who served as the Trump administration’s national security adviser for 17 months, will be on “A Late Show” next week.

Broadcasting from his home, Colbert interrupted his monologue to announce his breaking news.

“During the taping of this monologue, the Department of Justice filed a breach of contract suit against ex national security advisor John Bolton,” Colbert said.

He mocked the idea that a public servant could breach a contract and said, “This lawsuit is a huge pile of crap.”

While Colbert didn’t talk about the content of the “explosive book” due to an embargo agreement with its publisher, he said he’d do that next Tuesday when Bolton is on his show.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 17, 2020 02:41PM
I think almost everyone has become immune to what Trump did previously.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 17, 2020 02:51PM
Bolton could have testified to the House and perhaps opened up the possibilities of other offenses being included, but nooooooooooo.

I almost wish Trump could stop the sales of the books. Since Bolton was more concerned about saving the juicy stuff for publication $$$$, it would serve him right to lose the sales. I for one wouldn't buy it if you gave me the money.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 17, 2020 03:06PM
cbelt3
Bolton is still mad he didn't get to launch WWIII with Iran.

Does not mean his book is lies. I expect it's not.

yeah, that is my take, as well.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 17, 2020 04:27PM
$tevie
Bolton could have testified to the House and perhaps opened up the possibilities of other offenses being included, but nooooooooooo.

I almost wish Trump could stop the sales of the books. Since Bolton was more concerned about saving the juicy stuff for publication $$$$, it would serve him right to lose the sales. I for one wouldn't buy it if you gave me the money.

HELL YES!!

Today's news makes is clear as daylight - Bolton wanted his payday... is willing to risk being charged by the DOJ rather than talk to congress when it might have done some good for the country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 04:27PM by hal.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 17, 2020 04:36PM
I don't need to pay anyone anything to know that Trump is a crook, con, racist, idiot. I have a working brain cell (the other 999,999,999 brain cells aren't needed for that conclusion)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 17, 2020 04:36PM
The ACLU issued a tweet yesterday. That tweet supported Bolton's right to publish and joined with the legal action against the DOJ. At the same time they issued an accompanying tweet reminding him they had not forgotten his past crimes and - what they termed - atrocities and will be following through with ongoing actions to hold him accountable.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 17, 2020 05:16PM
RgrF
The ACLU issued a tweet yesterday. That tweet supported Bolton's right to publish and joined with the legal action against the DOJ. At the same time they issued an accompanying tweet reminding him they had not forgotten his past crimes and - what they termed - atrocities and will be following through with ongoing actions to hold him accountable.

people everywhere are twisting themselves into pretzels because they agree with bolton that Trump is an idiot
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 17, 2020 07:31PM
The House had the issue of finding the single most egregious item(s) and send it over to the Senate, knowing they would likely vote for innocence. If Bolton was so concerned with the Orange Galactic Embarrassment getting a taste of justice, all the Mustachioed Perineal Abscess had to do was testify at the House's request instead of putting all the claims in his book for a payday.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 293
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018