advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Officer Karen
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 18, 2020 10:13AM
A Cop Is Being Called "Officer Karen" After Video About Waiting for Her McMuffin Goes Viral

[www.distractify.com]

Twitter video in link

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Officer Karen
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 18, 2020 10:32AM
The whites in our community HATE losing their privilege... This isn't even an active process! I could see where some places would deliberately slow down service for a police officer at this rate.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 18, 2020 10:36AM
“This Tweet is unavailable”
Posted by: hal
Date: June 18, 2020 10:54AM
I found that article very annoying. She was being discriminated against because of the uniform she wore.

Do y'all think that all cops are monsters? I don't and I won't judge one based on the uniform alone.

People should treat people with respect.
Posted by: timg
Date: June 18, 2020 12:45PM
With all the anti-Police sentiment these days, she probably had some reason to be concerned.

Not all cops are bad. there are some systemic things that need to be removed from the police departments in this country, but we shouldn't be condemning all police officers.

We, as a country, need to stop seeing groups of people as homogeneous. We need to all start treating each other as individuals, but there are so many prejudices built into society, it will take a monumental effort to get there.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 18, 2020 01:30PM
hal
I found that article very annoying. She was being discriminated against because of the uniform she wore.

The people at McDonalds didn't see her uniform when she ordered. She ordered through an app.

She pulled up to the drive through to pick up her order and was asked to pull forward and wait a few minutes because it was going to take an extra couple of minutes to prepare.

...Just like what happens to me every time that I go to McDonalds.

And yet, miraculously, I have not posted a video crying about it, nor taken to Twitter to whine about it, nor have I blamed discrimination and then driven off in tears over it. Nor do I insist that the delay (which is perfectly normal) is due to the extra time that it was taking to spit in my food or poison it.

She had the same experience that everyone else has, but she expected privilege (she said she used the app to avoid getting comped for her meal because she's always comped because she's a cop) and then she got very paranoid when she was treated like a normal person.

She is clearly in need of mental health counseling and is not fit to carry a weapon.

Let's be clear: This person who freaks out over a 5 minute delay for a breakfast-sandwich is armed and dangerous and blames people of color for her problems.

That's why this blew up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2020 01:32PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 18, 2020 01:53PM
We're still in the "heat of the moment", it's just that this moment is more like the duration of a pandemic. Things aren't "blowing over" in their usual fashion so it a good idea to add an extra level of patience to everything and everyone we encounter.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 18, 2020 02:26PM
Consider for a moment. She is this reactive to an utterly non-suspicious delay in receiving a fast food order. To the point she is near tears and says, “I don’t know how much more I can take.”

Fearful that simple fast food workers may be trying to harm her. Resentful that “... I don’t hear ‘thank you’ enough anymore”, “... it doesn’t matter how much I’ve done for anyone.”

Simply exhaustion? Perhaps, or not at all unlikely something more serious taken root.

But in her disturbed and agitated mindset, how delicate is the hair trigger she’s on to the point of feeling her life is ‘under threat’ in even a marginally stressful enforcement situation?

Given the deeply seated group think found so often in law enforcement, how many more like her are out there?
Posted by: timg
Date: June 18, 2020 02:56PM
Blankity Blank
Consider for a moment. She is this reactive to an utterly non-suspicious delay in receiving a fast food order. To the point she is near tears and says, “I don’t know how much more I can take.”

Fearful that simple fast food workers may be trying to harm her. Resentful that “... I don’t hear ‘thank you’ enough anymore”, “... it doesn’t matter how much I’ve done for anyone.”

Simply exhaustion? Perhaps, or not at all unlikely something more serious taken root.

But in her disturbed and agitated mindset, how delicate is the hair trigger she’s on to the point of feeling her life is ‘under threat’ in even a marginally stressful enforcement situation?

Given the deeply seated group think found so often in law enforcement, how many more like her are out there?

There will be plenty more in the near future with all the anti-cop sentiments now.

Not to say that some of them don't deserve it. But, just as you should not look at a person with darker skin and assume "criminal", you should not look at someone in a police uniform and assume they are bad people.

unfortunately, our society is not that evolved. in fact, with Trump in office, it's quickly headed in the wrong direction.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 18, 2020 02:59PM
Call me Pierre, but I just don't care.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 18, 2020 03:04PM
timg
Not to say that some of them don't deserve it. But, just as you should not look at a person with darker skin and assume "criminal", you should not look at someone in a police uniform and assume they are bad people.

Don't assume it, but act like it's the case.

You don't know what kind of person is on the other side of that gun and your life may depend upon respectfully stroking the ego of a nutter.

When cops are disarmed, you can take the time to feel them out a little better.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 18, 2020 03:05PM
rjmacs
Call me Pierre, but I just don't care.
A normal bitchfest by an impatient person, sure. Meh, yeah...
By a person who is armed and capable of murdering someone legally ?

Yeah.. be afraid, be very afraid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020