advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Prediction: TRUMP gives up and won't run for second term
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 21, 2020 11:48AM
You heard it here first.

At least I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, it could be someone said this before.

he will be disappointed and will step aside, not sure who will step in, maybe Pence, maybe one of his sons, but he will get tired of small crowds at his rallies and will give up.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Prediction: TRUMP gives up and won't run for second term
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 21, 2020 11:50AM
He is in such denial that he could play to an empty field and call it a huge success.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: June 21, 2020 11:54AM
I've been concerned for a couple of years that he'll step aside post-convention and attempt to appoint Ivanka as the GOP candidate in his place, so the Trump name would forever be known as the first woman president.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure his ego can be pushed aside even for such a legacy.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 21, 2020 12:03PM
Mr Downtown
I've been concerned for a couple of years that he'll step aside post-convention and attempt to appoint Ivanka as the GOP candidate in his place, so the Trump name would forever be known as the first woman president.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure his ego can be pushed aside even for such a legacy.

She would still need to beat Biden. I had another theory on how he would accomplish that. First fire Pence, appoint Ivanka as VP (blackmail to get her approved), and then resign just before Biden takes office making her the first female VP and the 46th President. With enough planning she might even be able to appoint Don Jr. as VP (or maybe Don Sr.)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 21, 2020 12:33PM
He's not done. He hasn't had his full blown race riot yet.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 21, 2020 12:41PM
He addresses this sort of thing when he talks about “doing other things” if he loses. But overall his ego won’t let him quit. The excuses fill the void.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: June 21, 2020 12:54PM
He'll ratchet up the insanity, going as far as to destroy the country, to win. He's a malignant narcissist. Winning is everything. To him, being President of a bleeding, broken, bankrupted, dying country is better than losing.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 21, 2020 12:59PM
space-time
You heard it here first.

Actually I think everyone was saying this before he took office.

Frankly, I think it would be the repubs best chance. Trump resigns, Pence takes over and the collective sigh of relief from the GOP could be heard on Mars. Repubs become excited again. An interesting VP candidate is selected and the repubs are right back in this thing.

But, I can't see Trump just walking away under any circumstances now. That would solidify his legacy as the biggest loser president ever - quitting before the first term is over? That's what losers do - you KNOW that's how he thinks about it. Imagine the ridicule...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 01:00PM by hal.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 21, 2020 01:34PM
If he's not president, then he's under indictment. He's going to stall that as long as possible.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 21, 2020 02:32PM
Lemon Drop
If he's not president, then he's under indictment. He's going to stall that as long as possible.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 21, 2020 02:32PM
hal
space-time
You heard it here first.

Actually I think everyone was saying this before he took office.

Frankly, I think it would be the repubs best chance. Trump resigns, Pence takes over and the collective sigh of relief from the GOP could be heard on Mars. Repubs become excited again. An interesting VP candidate is selected and the repubs are right back in this thing.

But, I can't see Trump just walking away under any circumstances now. That would solidify his legacy as the biggest loser president ever - quitting before the first term is over? That's what losers do - you KNOW that's how he thinks about it. Imagine the ridicule...

Yes, and plus his NPD makes it impossible for him to think about anybody but himself. The pathology of his narcissism here extends to the point where he's willing to kill his own followers in order to advance himself: [www.theguardian.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 21, 2020 03:17PM
$tevie
Lemon Drop

Yep. He's already "moved" out of the SDNY jurisdiction and trying to pack that court with a fierceness. Biden has already stated that he would never pardon him or stop any investigations associated with him or his administration plus lackeys.

Crowds are really indicative of nothing and aren't necessarily reflective of how people will turn out (Hi Bernie). Plus they flat out use illegal methods to win. We can't ever feel comfortable. Just about all of those 41 flipped seats are in jeopardy since most of them barely won. They already flipped CA-25 Red. We must protect those seats. Going to Fresno next week to help Devin Nunes' opponent, Phil Arballo, in CA-22. Also to protect CA-21, which was flipped Blue by TJ Cox after being dominated by his still opponent David Valadao. Old nemesis Richard Pombo tried to carpet bag this area about 10 years or so ago, I'm familiar with the Central Valley so I'm looking forward to a few days of dodging Corona while handing out reg papers and seeing my God daughter Christina. Thankfully, they don't need ID in California to vote.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 21, 2020 05:11PM
vision63
$tevie
Lemon Drop

Yep. He's already "moved" out of the SDNY jurisdiction and trying to pack that court with a fierceness...

...And now he's trying to stack the prosecutor's office.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 21, 2020 07:12PM
vision63
$tevie
Lemon Drop

Yep. He's already "moved" out of the SDNY jurisdiction and trying to pack that court with a fierceness. Biden has already stated that he would never pardon him or stop any investigations associated with him or his administration plus lackeys.

Crowds are really indicative of nothing and aren't necessarily reflective of how people will turn out (Hi Bernie). Plus they flat out use illegal methods to win. We can't ever feel comfortable. Just about all of those 41 flipped seats are in jeopardy since most of them barely won. They already flipped CA-25 Red. We must protect those seats. Going to Fresno next week to help Devin Nunes' opponent, Phil Arballo, in CA-22. Also to protect CA-21, which was flipped Blue by TJ Cox after being dominated by his still opponent David Valadao. Old nemesis Richard Pombo tried to carpet bag this area about 10 years or so ago, I'm familiar with the Central Valley so I'm looking forward to a few days of dodging Corona while handing out reg papers and seeing my God daughter Christina. Thankfully, they don't need ID in California to vote.

See this? This here? ^^^

That is stone cold, solid gold, walk the walk, talk the talk patriotism.

Thank you vision63.
Date: June 21, 2020 07:56PM
Blankity Blank
vision63
$tevie
Lemon Drop

See this? This here? ^^^

That is stone cold, solid gold, walk the walk, talk the talk patriotism.

Thank you vision63.

I want a political vacation!
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 21, 2020 08:01PM
vision63

I want a political vacation!

Hang in there for another 135 days!
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 21, 2020 09:12PM
I think if his campaign continues to dwindle, he will tell his base that he tried to drain the swamp, but there was just too much, and that the election will be fixed against him.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 22, 2020 07:26PM
Bill Kristol
@BillKristol
·
12h
You look at the polls and think "he can't win." But Trump's path to victory doesn't depend on persuading Americans. It depends on voter suppression, mass disinformation, foreign interference, and unabashed use of executive branch power to shape events, and perceptions, this fall.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 23, 2020 02:51PM
Speedy
Bill Kristol
@BillKristol
·
12h
You look at the polls and think "he can't win." But Trump's path to victory doesn't depend on persuading Americans. It depends on voter suppression, mass disinformation, foreign interference, and unabashed use of executive branch power to shape events, and perceptions, this fall.

Not to mention the actual flouting of law. They're willing to blow this country up in order to retain power.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018