advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
D.L. Hughley has COVID-19
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 21, 2020 12:00PM
Collapsed on stage in Nashville, initially blaming fatigue from a tough travel and performance schedule. Tested positive in the ER.

He talked about it via Instagram:

“I was what they call asymptomatic.” Hughley said. “I didn’t have any of the classic symptoms. I didn’t have flu-like symptoms, I didn’t have shortness of breath, I didn’t have difficulty breathing, I didn’t have a cough, I didn’t have a low grade fever. I still don’t have a fever.”

“In addition to all the other stuff you have to look out for, if your ass pass out in the middle of a show—on stage—you probably need to get tested.”

D.L. Hughley is not an idiot, but he sure behaved like one. Doing a comedy-tour during a pandemic. Maybe not the smartest idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 12:01PM by Sarcany.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: D.L. Hughley has COVID-19
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 21, 2020 12:03PM
....Hughe you gonna'.....call....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 21, 2020 12:15PM
Sounds like he may have been having one of the symptoms, low blood oxygen. But that would only be detectable by using a pulse oximeter.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 21, 2020 12:16PM
Too bad not everyone who comes in contact with D. L. doesn’t get a daily test like the other guy doing a comedy tour.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 21, 2020 03:43PM
Sarcany
D.L. Hughley is not an idiot, but he sure behaved like one. Doing a comedy-tour during a pandemic. Maybe not the smartest idea.

I doubt he's eligible for unemployment insurance. Comics are notoriously poor, and unless he has a day job, the bills don't pay themselves.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 21, 2020 04:32PM
rjmacs
Sarcany

I doubt he's eligible for unemployment insurance. Comics are notoriously poor, and unless he has a day job, the bills don't pay themselves.

He's one of the most admired talents in Hollywood. Movies and TV and radio. Produced a popular TV show based on his life. Starred in his own news and current-events shows which he also executive-produced. Wrote a book or two as I recall.

Unforgettable in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

He could probably live very comfortably on royalties from past projects He's not hurting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 04:36PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 21, 2020 07:06PM
rjmacs
Sarcany

His net worth is probably somewhere north of $10 million, but you don’t stay there for long if you don’t keep juggling those balls. Especially if you’ve got a family accustomed to a certain lifestyle.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 22, 2020 11:35AM
I'm with Blankity Blank - "very comfortably" is a relative term, depending on your financial commitments.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018