advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Co-worker leaves his hangman's toolkit in Bubba Wallace's garage
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 22, 2020 12:08PM
I'm sure it was an honest mistake, leaving a noose in the workplace of the only Black driver in NASCAR's premier Cup Series. Pretty sure it was a co-worker, given the restricted access to the facility.

So, there's that.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Co-worker leaves his hangman's toolkit in Bubba Wallace's garage
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 22, 2020 12:30PM
I hope there are fingerprints, security video, something that can help solve this hate crime. NASCAR needs to make sure their (highly profitable) work environment is safe and they've got work to do.

Bubba Wallace is a remarkable person. I'm sorry this happened to him. It'll be a great day if Americans can ever stop acting out like this.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 22, 2020 12:58PM
Can't blame the boy scouts... that knot has not been taught for at least 50 years.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 22, 2020 04:48PM
I learned it in scouts. NASCAR crews have always spied on each other, that place had to be crawling with cameras
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 23, 2020 01:09AM
RgrF
NASCAR crews have always spied on each other, that place had to be crawling with cameras

I was thinking the same thing, there's no way they don't have footage from 10 different angles of whoever placed the noose.

I do find it odd that no-one thought to snap a pic of the noose in situ, though.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 23, 2020 07:26PM
Thrift Store Scott
RgrF
NASCAR crews have always spied on each other, that place had to be crawling with cameras

I was thinking the same thing, there's no way they don't have footage from 10 different angles of whoever placed the noose.

I do find it odd that no-one thought to snap a pic of the noose in situ, though.

And it becomes even more pertinent as the FBI says there was no ill intent, as photographic evidence shows that the noose has been in the garage since at least last October, and state that there is no way anyone could have known Bubba Wallace would be assigned that work area that far in advance.*

*Though that of course does not address the issue of someone knowing the noose was in that garage, and then intentionally assigning it to Wallace.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 24, 2020 04:39PM
Blankity Blank
Thrift Store Scott
RgrF

And it becomes even more pertinent as the FBI says there was no ill intent, as photographic evidence shows that the noose has been in the garage since at least last October, and state that there is no way anyone could have known Bubba Wallace would be assigned that work area that far in advance.*

*Though that of course does not address the issue of someone knowing the noose was in that garage, and then intentionally assigning it to Wallace.

The "noose" is tied in the cord that pulls down the garage door.

Apparently several of the garage doors at Talladega have loops tied on the end of their cords that resemble nooses.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

"I don't see color, I just see ugly" - Joe Jitsukawa
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 24, 2020 04:44PM
Blankity Blank
Thrift Store Scott
RgrF

I found it telling that after the NASCAR president spent so much time explaining how the noose hanging from his garage was definitely NOT a hate crime because it's been there for many months drew this response from Wallace:

Bubba Wallace
When I did find out, I was very adamant about searching all the garages and making sure this wasn’t a garage pull and it ended up being one. The photo images that I’ve seen and that I have in my possession of what was in our garage is exactly a garage pull. It is. That is a noose.

Yeah. It was still a freaking noose.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018