advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Today's NY Post editorial
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 26, 2020 04:44PM
The Post is maybe the most pro-Trump newspaper in the country, this is what they had to say.

I’m sorry, my friends, but only a genuinely deluded person could look at the political and polling portents of the present moment and refuse to grasp that Trump is in danger of suffering the most transformative political defeat in 40 years...

...Go ahead. Call me a liberal, though I’m anything but. Call me a Never Trumper, though I’m not one of those, either.
Call me whatever you want, fellas — if things don’t change, Biden is going to be calling Trump a cab on Jan. 20, 2021.

The Wall Street Journal chimed in later with a similar message.

Looks like time to panic!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today's NY Post editorial
Posted by: hal
Date: June 26, 2020 04:48PM
That was Tucker Carlson's opening message a couple of days ago.

OMG, Trump might LOSE!! INCONCEIVABLE!!!!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 26, 2020 04:48PM
It still hasn't changed the Post's almost exclusively pro-Trump coverage.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 26, 2020 07:41PM
I wish they were as concerned with why he is looking more likely to lose (perhaps very badly) as they are concerned with the fact that he could very well lose (perhaps very badly).
Date: June 26, 2020 07:57PM
Do they think that now that summer is here that theContinental Army taking over "the airports" will sway the electorate?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 26, 2020 09:14PM
Ted King
I wish they were as concerned with why he is looking more likely to lose (perhaps very badly) as they are concerned with the fact that he could very well lose (perhaps very badly).

Not from my perspective. I hope they don't figure it out so Biden crushes him. It's extraordinary that they can't figure it out,but he's genuinely deformed. It's also quite evident that the 36% of the electorate would rather he nuke the country than the dems win the presidency.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 26, 2020 09:57PM
mrbigstuff
Ted King

Not from my perspective. I hope they don't figure it out so Biden crushes him. It's extraordinary that they can't figure it out,but he's genuinely deformed. It's also quite evident that the 36% of the electorate would rather he nuke the country than the dems win the presidency.

I think Trump is largely going to do Trump no matter what conservative editorial boards come to understand about why he acts the way he does. When I said I wish they were as concerned with why, what I was thinking of was that I'd like to see them thinking about why it looks more likely that he will lose. What is it that people are rejecting about him? Is it personality or policy? As an editorial board they should be capable of some serious reflection on those questions. I suspect a lot of them shy away from that reflection because to do so yields lots of negative assessments of Trump and they are going to be reluctant to speak out too negatively about him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2020 09:59PM by Ted King.
Date: June 26, 2020 10:13PM
The New York Post has a conservative editorial board like Fox News has a conservative editorial board.
Same guys.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 27, 2020 01:19AM
No, no - haven’t you heard? It’s looking like Trump by a landslide!

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 27, 2020 02:03AM
After That Night in 2016, this time my guard will not go down until the swearing in come January, at best.

There is still a great deal of time left, the opposition is fiercely equipped, utterly amoral and totally ruthless. Even turns of events seemingly toward the desired result still bear careful scrutiny.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 27, 2020 02:16AM
BTW, Karl Rove thinks Trump is behind too.

(Gee, Karl, ya think?)

Even though I should find this heartening, I remember watching live back in 2012 when Karl told the whole Fox News crew on election night that they were wrong projecting Obama would win Ohio (which he did) which caused the whole bunch to tromp over (on camera) to their analyst area, where the latter uncomfortably twisted in their chairs but declined to take Rove’s side.

It’s weird - although at the time, there were folks wondering - was Karl Rove’s pontificating-political-career over?

Hahahahahahaahaaaa. Of course not! Misreading reality is standard practice in the Republican punditry class. Trump would never win the GOP nomination; Obama would cause Weimar-style hyperinflation and “debasement“ of the dollar; he was going to be a one-term president; we would be greeted with sweets and flowers as liberators in Iraq, which would pay for its own invasion; impeaching a president over a @#$%& was great political strategy which would deliver huge election gains in the midterms; (Bill) Clinton’s popularity was a mile wide but only an inch deep.

I could go on and on - like three days before the 2016 election, when Brett Baier announced Hillary Clinton’s indictment by the FBI was “imminent”. But he, and Rove, and Gingrich are still Faux News all-stars to this day.

IOKIYAR. In fact, it’s practically a badge of honor.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 27, 2020 11:40AM
Let's see how many dances these Republicans have all practiced up.....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 27, 2020 12:55PM
pdq
BTW, Karl Rove thinks Trump is behind too.

(Gee, Karl, ya think?)

Even though I should find this heartening, I remember watching live back in 2012 when Karl told the whole Fox News crew on election night that they were wrong projecting Obama would win Ohio (which he did) which caused the whole bunch to tromp over (on camera) to their analyst area, where the latter uncomfortably twisted in their chairs but declined to take Rove’s side.

It’s weird - although at the time, there were folks wondering - was Karl Rove’s pontificating-political-career over?

Hahahahahahaahaaaa. Of course not! Misreading reality is standard practice in the Republican punditry class. Trump would never win the GOP nomination; Obama would cause Weimar-style hyperinflation and “debasement“ of the dollar; he was going to be a one-term president; we would be greeted with sweets and flowers as liberators in Iraq, which would pay for its own invasion; impeaching a president over a @#$%& was great political strategy which would deliver huge election gains in the midterms; (Bill) Clinton’s popularity was a mile wide but only an inch deep.

I could go on and on - like three days before the 2016 election, when Brett Baier announced Hillary Clinton’s indictment by the FBI was “imminent”. But he, and Rove, and Gingrich are still Faux News all-stars to this day.

IOKIYAR. In fact, it’s practically a badge of honor.

a nice summation. it's also fairly standard practice to lie to pollsters, although much harder to do on a national scale. this would happen often in local elections; it was a great ruse. one time I recall a phone bank person calling the opposing candidate's parents who said that they were voting for their daughter's opponent. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018