advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
#Defeatbytweet - brillant!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 27, 2020 04:07PM
So a new pac has formed that uses group funding to raise funds.

Essentially you agree to pay a few pennies to the fund every time Trump sends out a tweet. All donations benefit the Justice Fund: a group of Black-led political organizers working in swing states. The pledge amount starts at 1¢ per tweet. Trump averages 30-tweets a day.

Use Trumps own habit to work against him.

[defeatbytweet.org]
[www.yahoo.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: #Defeatbytweet - brillant!
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 28, 2020 09:03AM
This is indeed brilliant. I am considering signing up for 5 cents per incident.

How do I make sure the funds are used for political campaign and not misused for other purposes? I need to explore their site to understand who they are and what they do with my money,

but I love the idea.
Re: #Defeatbytweet - brillant!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 28, 2020 02:00PM
space-time
How do I make sure the funds are used for political campaign and not misused for other purposes? I need to explore their site to understand who they are and what they do with my money,

They are a federally registered Super PAC, and subject to all the same federal reporting as other groups.

They comprise a 20-group coalition of Black-led political organizing groups. At some point, part of supporting anti-racism means trusting Black people with your support, without needing to control or evaluate the outcome personally.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018