advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
My body my choice
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 28, 2020 07:05AM
I just saw someone in the news protesting against wearing face masks. It was in a news segment about rising number of corona virus cases in Texas and a few other states.

Now I am not sure what is that particular person'r position on abortion, but I would not be surprised if that lady was agains abortion, based on location and the way she does not understand responsibility to protect others by wearing a mask.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: My body my choice
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 28, 2020 08:25AM
and the answer you will get is 'oh, but that's different'. That's always the answer...for everything.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 28, 2020 08:37AM
Yeah, it’s also my choice whether or not to wear pants in public.

I’m no sheep! Can’t tell me what to do!

/sarc
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 28, 2020 08:47AM
It says right there in the Constitution I can’t be told what to do, about anything. And the sooner the rest of you see it my way the better off we’ll all be, of course.

(How am I doing so far?)
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: June 28, 2020 08:56AM
A good friend of mine is a Fox News-watching Republican. He is extremely intelligent. His wife has stage 4 cancer and is on immunosuppressive agents. He is in our driveway talking with my wife as I type, maskless and standing 6 inches away from Mrs Pupp. He knows what her profession is and her exposure to sick people. My wife knows the risks, but doesn’t want to offend his beliefs. In fact, she just apologized for wearing a mask.

This “my body my choice” thing is an example of the philosophy that freedom comes without responsibility. This philosophy is killing our nation.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 28, 2020 09:16AM
S. Pupp
A good friend of mine is a Fox News-watching Republican. He is extremely intelligent. His wife has stage 4 cancer and is on immunosuppressive agents. He is in our driveway talking with my wife as I type, maskless and standing 6 inches away from Mrs Pupp. He knows what her profession is and her exposure to sick people. My wife knows the risks, but doesn’t want to offend his beliefs. In fact, she just apologized for wearing a mask.

This “my body my choice” thing is an example of the philosophy that freedom comes without responsibility. This philosophy is killing our nation.

That guy is an @#$%&hole.
If he were the one that was compromised and wants to risk his life, well ok, but to put his wife at risk is, well, I can’t even say.
Good for your wife doing the right thing but she has NO reason to apologize. What a dick that guy is.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 28, 2020 09:44AM
.....went shopping a few days ago.........at least 6-7 people were not wearing any mask [ this is on the street, train ]........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: June 28, 2020 09:45AM
Mask wearing has become political, no thanks to Mass Murderer Cheeto.

People who don't wear masks stand a chance of getting COVID-19 and exposing their immediate circle.

Darwin at it's finest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 05:21PM by Lizabeth.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 28, 2020 11:00AM
S. Pupp

Maybe he just hates his wife?
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 28, 2020 11:28AM
"maskless and standing 6 inches away from Mrs Pupp"

Why hasn't "Mrs Pupp" kick this @hole in the 'nads and stepped 6'~12' back???? dunno smiley
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 28, 2020 11:40AM
rgG
S. Pupp

That guy is an @#$%&hole.
If he were the one that was compromised and wants to risk his life, well ok, but to put his wife at risk is, well, I can’t even say.
Good for your wife doing the right thing but she has NO reason to apologize. What a dick that guy is.

Story about how it’s become a “masculine” thing to avoid wearing a mask. [www.washingtonpost.com]

A reporter interviewed a man on a beach in CA, who told him that even for the safety of his wife and kids he wouldn’t wear a mask. Cue all the excuses and shrugs.

So Dick Cheney is shown on Twitter wearing a mask with the hashtag: #realmenwearamask or whatever. OK, but why do we need to still cater to this sort of low self esteem ego? Remember when people started to “let” men know it was OK to cry?

The poor dears.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 28, 2020 11:58AM
As I recall, this issue was judicated 100 years ago - public health beats such personal freedom when you can just stay home.

Someone more versed in law can post the specific SCOTUS case, but it's the legal basis for all of the governor's executive orders.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 28, 2020 01:14PM
Typhoid Mary was quarantined for over 30 years.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: June 28, 2020 01:14PM
Ignorance—especially of the willful variety—is far more communicable than COVID-19, and it's been spreading in the community for a lot longer.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 28, 2020 02:37PM
Just tweet: "If you're a Trump supporter, you may NOT wear a mask at any time. Violators will be prosecuted. 10 years!"
Date: June 28, 2020 02:45PM
testcase
"maskless and standing 6 inches away from Mrs Pupp"

Why hasn't "Mrs Pupp" kick this @hole in the 'nads and stepped 6'~12' back???? dunno smiley

Because: “I didn’t want to offend him.”
A very poor excuse indeed.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 28, 2020 04:42PM
I mask when I'm in public.
I stay the hell away from people too.
I contemplate wearing my P99 respirator, but then people are not protected from ME.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 28, 2020 04:53PM
cbelt3
I contemplate wearing my P99 respirator, but then people are not protected from ME.

Could you rig up a way to put cotton cloth or surgical mask cutouts over the exhale ports of the respirator?
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 28, 2020 06:34PM
Ted King
cbelt3

Could you rig up a way to put cotton cloth or surgical mask cutouts over the exhale ports of the respirator?

But people do not know the you modified the exhale port/valve and assume you are an @#$%& that does not care about others.

And if you do modify it, how do you know it is effective?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 28, 2020 07:19PM
space-time
Ted King
cbelt3

But people do not know the you modified the exhale port/valve and assume you are an @#$%& that does not care about others.

And if you do modify it, how do you know it is effective?

The practice is to wear a surgical mask over your vented mask. You protect yourself and the other person.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 07:19PM by Speedy.
Date: June 29, 2020 08:26AM
Speedy
The practice is to wear a surgical mask over your vented mask. You protect yourself and the other person.

Absolutely right. No one has pointed at me, stared, complained, or insulted me yet for doing that.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 30, 2020 01:00PM
.....sexy.....body.....?????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 196
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018