advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
AP: 'Trump denies he was briefed on reported Russian bounties in Afghanistan; ‘This is as bad as it gets,’ says Pelosi '
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 29, 2020 09:59AM
The latest cover-up on behalf of his pal Putin?

Trump denies he was briefed on reported Russian bounties in Afghanistan; ‘This is as bad as it gets,’ says Pelosi
AP story carried by marketwatch [www.marketwatch.com]

Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump on Sunday denied that he was made aware of U.S. intelligence officials’ conclusions that Russia secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing American troops in Afghanistan. The Trump administration was set to brief select members of Congress on the matter on Monday.

The intelligence assessments came amid Trump’s push to withdraw the U.S. from Afghanistan, and suggested that Russia was making overtures to militants as the U.S. and the Taliban were holding talks to end the long-running war. The assessment was first reported by The New York Times and then confirmed to The Associated Press by American intelligence officials and two others with knowledge of the matter.
-
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, one of the few congressional leaders briefed on sensitive intelligence matters, told ABC’s “This Week” that she had not been informed about the reported bounties and requested a report to Congress on the matter.

“This is as bad as it gets, and yet the president will not confront the Russians on this score, denies being briefed. Whether he is or not, his administration knows and our allies — some of our allies who work with us in Afghanistan had been briefed and accept this report,” she said.
-
In early 2020, members of the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group, known to the public as SEAL Team Six, raided a Taliban outpost and recovered roughly $500,000. The recovered funds further solidified the suspicions of the American intelligence community that the Russians had offered money to Taliban militants and other linked associations.

One official said the administration discussed several potential responses, but the White House has yet to authorize any step.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 10:00AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AP: 'Trump denies he was briefed on reported Russian bounties in Afghanistan; ‘This is as bad as it gets,’ says Pelosi '
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 29, 2020 10:09AM
I would imagine someone would be able to find it in the PDB’s.

Not that Trump reads such things.
Re: AP: 'Trump denies he was briefed on reported Russian bounties in Afghanistan; ‘This is as bad as it gets,’ says Pelosi '
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 29, 2020 10:35AM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 29, 2020 01:25PM
I'm against the death penalty. There I said it.

The traitor should hang.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 29, 2020 02:15PM
Now wouldn't this make an *excellent* ad for the dems? Hmm. I wonder if anyone can pull off such a Herculean task...?

To be done by a PAC, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 02:16PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 29, 2020 02:46PM
mrbigstuff
Now wouldn't this make an *excellent* ad for the dems? Hmm. I wonder if anyone can pull off such a Herculean task...?

It's probably going to be out tonight or tomorrow - the Lincoln Project is FAST these days.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 29, 2020 02:47PM
mrbigstuff

[www.youtube.com]
Date: June 29, 2020 03:28PM
DeusxMac
mrbigstuff

[www.youtube.com]

Holy sheet! Not who I was expecting. Well done, though.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 29, 2020 04:18PM
was that Martin Sheen doing the narration?
Date: June 29, 2020 04:44PM
Steve G.
was that Martin Sheen doing the narration?

No, although I think I've heard this same narrator voice other political ads
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018