advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump in ‘fragile’ mood....
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 29, 2020 01:54PM
... “ and may drop out of 2020 race if poll numbers don’t improve, GOP insiders tell Fox News”.

[news.yahoo.com]

Poor Guy!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump in ‘fragile’ mood....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 29, 2020 01:57PM
....I"m good with that [ but he won't - narcissist never think less of themselves ].......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 29, 2020 01:58PM

Boo Fsckin' Hoo-Hoo-Hoo!
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 29, 2020 02:02PM
"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings."

Signs and symptoms
People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence. This is because people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual... achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."

"Therapy is often difficult as people frequently do not consider themselves to have a problem."
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 29, 2020 02:05PM
If he were to drop out, he will always claim that he would have won by the largest landslide in history if he had run. But first he'll need to come up with some other excuse to withdraw rather that "he's going to lose".

I don't see him dropping out, but rather focusing more on "the election is rigged" and by that I mean how he can rig it to his advantage.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 29, 2020 02:06PM
Before rejoicing, consider that whoever replaces him on the ticket may be palatable to the anti-trump voters. it may not automatically be Pence

At the very least, I want to see some Biden v Pence polls before being comfortable.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 29, 2020 02:11PM
I predict he will NOT drop out, but if he did, he would blame it on anyone or anything other than himself.

I predict he will stay in the race, and if he loses, he will likewise blame the loss on anyone or anything other than himself.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 29, 2020 02:26PM
DeusxMac
I predict he will NOT drop out, but if he did, he would blame it on anyone or anything other than himself.

I predict he will stay in the race, and if he loses, he will likewise blame the loss on anyone or anything other than himself.

What scares me the most, is that this likely comes true, he loses and then makes a huge stink out of some sort of election rigging or conspiracy nonsense or whatever, and then the election results are mired in the courts (possibly going all the way up to the SC) until well into Biden's term ... making it nearly impossible for Biden to undo all the damage that Trump has done. Remember, narcissists make it all about THEM, even while they don't take responsibility for anything -- he's got to be important, even if he loses.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 29, 2020 02:27PM
Ombligo
Before rejoicing, consider that whoever replaces him on the ticket may be palatable to the anti-trump voters. it may not automatically be Pence

At the very least, I want to see some Biden v Pence polls before being comfortable.

If Trump dropped out, he'd need to do it before the Republican Convention. I can't imagine the party dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on a guy that quits. If he dropped out before the convention, there would be an avalanche of Republicans throwing their hats into the ring. You think Ted Cruz doesn't think he could persuade more delegates to support him than Pence? He, Rubio and all of Trump's extreme kiss asses would have heart attacks trying to run.

Jeb might would run too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 02:28PM by vision63.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 29, 2020 02:28PM
Fake news.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 29, 2020 02:29PM
rjmacs
Fake news.

Plus, he'd be setting himself up for guaranteed indictments without having a chance to avoid it.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 29, 2020 02:34PM
I can not believe that Jeb! would put himself through that again - he was thrown out with the garbage in the most humiliating manner. If he came back, he'd still have that stink about him.
Posted by: Pam
Date: June 29, 2020 02:41PM
If Trump drops out would the republican candidate run on a platform different than Trump’s? Running essentially against Trump right now is not going to go over well. Plus that would add the rejection of the Republican Party in addition to everyone else. That’s worse than losing to a democrat.

This smells like pre convention in 2016 when Republicans wanted Trump to drop out or find a way at the convention to choose someone else. Didn’t happen then. Wishful thinking.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 29, 2020 02:44PM
Pam
If Trump drops out would the republican candidate run on a platform different than Trump’s? Running essentially against Trump right now is not going to go over well. Plus that would add the rejection of the Republican Party in addition to everyone else. That’s worse than losing to a democrat.

This smells like pre convention in 2016 when Republicans wanted Trump to drop out or find a way at the convention to choose someone else. Didn’t happen then. Wishful thinking.

anyone taking Trumps place would promise to deliver all of the good stuff Trump was delivering without the crassness. No one talks about policies anymore.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 29, 2020 02:49PM
This seems like wishful thinking by some GOP operatives.

After he won the nomination in 2016 there were many calls within the GOP to replace him. After the "you can grab them" video emerged in October, some GOP leaders wanted to remove Trump from the top of the ticket. Pretty much can't be done. The person has to quit voluntarily. And the replacement process would be chaotic to say the least.

I'm convinced Trump hates the GOP as much as he hates the Democratic party. Maybe inside he's happy to smash it, and it's looking as though come November he will.

EDIT: didn't see Pam's comment before posting basically the same thing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 02:50PM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 29, 2020 02:57PM
Prediction: TRUMP gives up and won't run for second term

[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 29, 2020 03:09PM
Not a chance. Though he is actually talking about a Biden Presidency.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 29, 2020 03:39PM
He will do whatever he thinks is best for himself - any other consideration is null. He's so screwed up, though, that it's hard to have much of an idea of what he would think is best for himself. My guess now is that unless his polls tank really badly (like in the mid 30%'s or less), he'll probably keep trying to get another term.
Date: June 29, 2020 04:52PM
What if he cuts a deal with New York to drop charges in exchange for him resigning, then getting a pardon from Pence for federal stuff. He walks away a free man.

Not going to happen in any case.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 29, 2020 05:28PM
For a true narcissist like Trump, admitting defeat would be tantamount to physical suicide.

Sorry to be so gloomy, but I have the feeling that he isn’t going to let go of power without trying some kind of extra-judicial action like trying to declare a national emergency and suspending elections. Whatever it is will be based on a threat that will scare the heck out of many people. IMO, laying the groundwork for tampering with election results with Russian help has probably already begun. Trump greases the skids for stuff like this by placing inept people in responsible positions and limiting the powers of agencies that are supposed to check his power.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 05:33PM by Ammo.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 29, 2020 07:05PM
What country can we go to war with in the next four months?
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: June 29, 2020 08:04PM
mrbigstuff
What country can we go to war with in the next four months?

Mexico.
Canada.
Puerto Rico. (I mean, who knew?)
Cuba.
Venezuela.
Hawaii.
Greenland.

Any others?

=TC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 08:04PM by TheCaber.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 29, 2020 08:31PM
A do over with Granada?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 29, 2020 08:38PM
So, are you glad that the death penalty has been re-authorized for Federal crimes?
Date: June 30, 2020 06:09AM
We are too busy fighting each other.

Trump figures if he can start a new civil war there will be statues of him throughout the land.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018