AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Texas Lieutenant Governor hits Fauci: 'He doesn't know what he's talking about'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 01, 2020 07:58PM
Part of the team heading up the Lone Brain Cell State

Texas Lieutenant Governor hits Fauci: 'He doesn't know what he's talking about'
[thehill.com]

Texas Lieutenant Gov. Dan Patrick (R) on Tuesday lambasted Anthony Fauci over his assessment of the recent surge in coronavirus cases in the U.S., claiming that his state did not need advice from the nation's top infectious disease expert.

"Fauci said that he’s concerned about states like Texas that skipped over certain things. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about," Patrick said on Fox News after Fauci testified before a Senate committee about the U.S. response to the coronavirus outbreak. "We haven’t skipped over anything."

"The only thing I’m skipping over is listening to him," Patrick added. "He has been wrong every time, on every issue. I don’t need his advice anymore. We’ll listen to a lot of science, we’ll listen to a lot of doctors, and [Gov. Greg Abbott (R)], myself and other state leaders will make the decision. No thank you, Dr. Fauci."

As COVID cases surge, TX Lt Gov Dan Patrick says he will no longer listen to Anthony Fauci: "I don't need his advice anymore" pic.twitter.com/8w6mdCpLhN
— Jason Campbell (@JasonSCampbell) July 1, 2020

Patrick made the comments the same day that Texas reported nearly 7,000 new cases of COVID-19, representing a new high in a state that has seen a consistent rise in infections for weeks now. The uptick in cases caused Abbott last week to pause the state's reopening and order bars to close their doors.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Texas Lieutenant Governor hits Fauci: 'He doesn't know what he's talking about'
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 01, 2020 08:51PM
The number of idiots in high places is stupifying
Re: Texas Lieutenant Governor hits Fauci: 'He doesn't know what he's talking about'
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 01, 2020 08:52PM
As if Dan Patrick ever listened to anyone who wasn't writing a check out to him.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 01, 2020 08:57PM
I saw this on the news tonight as well. When I saw it, I thought: OK, so what are YOUR qualifications?

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert, an MD from Cornell, has won tons of awards, authored/coauthored/edited over 1000 scientific publications ... and your credentials, expertise on the virus consists of what, exactly?

It's the usual dismissal / distrust of science and experts that we've been seeing all along. Very sad, and especially that his state is paying the price for his and his supervisor's disregard in paying attention to the truth and what experts know.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 08:59PM by PeterB.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 01, 2020 08:58PM
IIRC, he was the one who said that people would (or should) rather die than slow down the economy...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 01, 2020 09:56PM
Condolences to the relatives of all the people in Texas that will needlessly be dying in the next month. I don't know what to say to the hospital workers who will be witnessing the trauma.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 01, 2020 10:53PM
Hospitals in every city in Texas are at or near 100%.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 01, 2020 11:30PM
United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 02, 2020 09:53AM
Steve G.
United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

We’re number one, we’re number one! Go team!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018