advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The only person I know with Covid died this morning
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 02, 2020 07:50PM
until this morning, as far as I am aware, I didn't know anyone who had Covid. I heard about friends of friends, but I do now knot those people in real life.

This morning I found out my Music teacher from middle school back in mid 80s in Romania died of Covid this morning. She was 71, colleague of my Mom (Mom was my Math teacher in middle school).

My parents are also 71. Hope they stay safe, I cannot even travel right now. My Romanian passport expired, and EU will probably not allow me in as an US Citizen.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The only person I know with Covid died this morning
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 02, 2020 07:50PM
Condolences.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 02, 2020 08:14PM
So sorry to hear that. Our condolences.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 02, 2020 08:32PM
I have a friend in ICU right now on a ventilator. he is just a few years older than me and was in good health. He had a plasma transfusion today, so it isn't looking good.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 02, 2020 09:02PM
I can see how this news would certainly "bring it home" so to speak. Hope your folks can stay safe -- I worry about my dad all the time. He's 86, doing great, and independent, but his age makes him far more vulnerable than I like. Has a grandson (not my kid) living in his basement and I don't like that variable either because of random people coming into the villa.
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 02, 2020 10:41PM
So sorry. My deepest sympathy
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 02, 2020 11:03PM
Ombligo
I have a friend in ICU right now on a ventilator. he is just a few years older than me and was in good health. He had a plasma transfusion today, so it isn't looking good.

Client of mine was on a vent for 18 days and made it off about 3 weeks ago. Out of the hospital and staying with his mom until he has the strength to get around on his own.

About 50 years old. Overweight, diabetes, high blood pressure. He was pushing 300 pounds when he went in. Looked about 180 when he got out. Helluva way to trim down.

I know 3 people who didn't make it. But he made it. It happens.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 03, 2020 12:35AM
My cousin lost her husband last month. She hasn't stated it was COVID, but he was a big guy...

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: wave rider
Date: July 03, 2020 03:22AM
Sorry for your loss space-time…

=wr=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2020 03:23AM by wave rider.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 03, 2020 06:42AM
Sympathies to you space-time. I also have loved ones far away which makes this difficult situation that much worse. Can't wait to be on the other side of this.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 03, 2020 09:15AM
My sympathies to all who have lost family and friends to the Trump virus.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 03, 2020 10:39AM
I'm sorry - sending lots of love your way.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: robfilms
Date: July 03, 2020 03:26PM
space-time-

i am sorry for your loss.

my the memory of your teacher's many good deeds bring solace to you, family and friends.

we know a dozen plus folks here in NYC who have suffered through COVID-19.

we know personally about a 1/2 dozens friends, friends of friends who have passed.

but this pandemic is still VERY real so i expect both of those numbers to continue (and i pray slowly) rise.

stay well.

rob
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 03, 2020 05:50PM
space-time, my condolences. As Rob says, hopefully you have fond memories of her that you can share with your mother.

Sometimes when this happens to someone we know, that really brings it home. Relatively early on in this pandemic, one of my students' aunt died of the virus. Thankfully, that's as close as it's come for me personally, but I'm especially concerned for all of my elder relatives -- especially those with underlying conditions.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018