Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NYT gets some excerpts from the book of Trump’s niece
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 07, 2020 11:21AM
...or maybe the whole thing, I dunno.

Anyway, here’s a little tidbit:

As a high school student in Queens, Ms. Trump writes, Donald Trump paid someone to take a precollegiate test, the SAT, on his behalf. The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton business school.

To clarify, however, Trump didn’t start at Wharton. He did his first two years at Fordham, and got in at Wharton as a transfer student after his better-known brother, Fred Jr, pulled some strings and got him an interview. And his father accompanied him on the visit. Also:

At the time, Nolan said, more than half of applicants to Penn were accepted, and transfer students such as Donald Trump had an even higher acceptance rate based on their college experience.

No one knows how Trump did there, since his lawyer has threatened to sue anyone who released his records.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NYT gets some excerpts from the book of Trump’s niece
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 07, 2020 11:25AM
.....not surprise.....back then it was easy to get someone to take standardized tests for you [ it was done regularly ].........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 07, 2020 11:46AM
As a genius he had to be a 4.0
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 07, 2020 03:30PM
samintx
As a genius he had to be a 4.0

haha! yes. that would be an excellent point to ask for the release of the transcript.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 07, 2020 03:58PM
From that article:

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist [PhD], asserts that her uncle has all nine clinical criteria for being a narcissist. And yet, she notes, even that label does not capture the full array of the president’s psychological troubles.

“The fact is,” she writes, “Donald’s pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neurophysical tests that he’ll never sit for.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2020 03:59PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 07, 2020 04:25PM
Ted King
From that article:

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist [PhD], asserts that her uncle has all nine clinical criteria for being a narcissist. And yet, she notes, even that label does not capture the full array of the president’s psychological troubles.

“The fact is,” she writes, “Donald’s pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neurophysical tests that he’ll never sit for.”

It is important for people to know she is a clinical psychologist. Viewers of Faux News and listeners of talk radio will never hear about her qualifications.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: July 07, 2020 08:12PM
Speedy

It is important for people to know she is a clinical psychologist. Viewers of Faux News and listeners of talk radio will never hear about her qualifications.

That's because they wouldn't know what her qualifications mean.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 07, 2020 10:04PM
NewtonMP2100
.....not surprise.....back then it was easy to get someone to take standardized tests for you [ it was done regularly ].........

Paid my senior year - without it I couldn't have afforded this

at age 18. It was 5 years old at the time I bought it, it made for one hellacious Summer.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: July 08, 2020 03:56AM
RgrF
NewtonMP2100

Paid my senior year - without it I couldn't have afforded this

at age 18. It was 5 years old at the time I bought it, it made for one hellacious Summer.

Sooo... do tell... how many girls did you l'amour in that vehicle under the moonlight? devil smiley

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 08, 2020 07:25PM
Moonlight, sunlight, twilight, no light - wasn't an issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 329
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018